?help - RoboHelp - Staff Help Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?help - RoboHelp - Staff Help Program

I know the dev team's got a lot on their hands, and most people would say "Go program it yourself"

But it's not that easy - I'm not a programmer. And this isn't your run-of-the-mill idea for the dev team either.. which is why I want to post it here, and not submit its own dev ticket.

The goal of this project: Create a better ?help function to increase the zone's support quality.

The idea:
    -General
    ++ A client is built that is distributed to the staff members.
    ++ Login system on the client for the staff members so that unauthorized users can't access it.

-Its function
    ++ When a player sends in a ?help, RoboHelp sends this message to the program, where it's assigned a ticket and is put into a queue.
    +++Staff members can see this ticket in the queue (on the program that's now installed on their computer), select it and click a "I've Got It!" button or a "Pass" if they don't know the answer (or Escalate, along with several other features which I'm sure can be thought of)
    ++++I've Got It! - You're given a text field to submit an answer when you click on this button. You type in the answer, and RoboHelp sends a message back giving the answer. BUT! RoboHelp checks to see if the user is online or not, and if the user's offline, it will leave a ?message giving the answer to the question.

-Flexibility
    ++A system like this is very flexible. For instance, if you're not in the game, like if you're doing homework, or even if you're at work or school, you can run this simple program to see if there's any tickets that are open. Staff doesn't even need to be in game for this to work.

There's a lot of other stuff that can be added to this..

Call me silly .. but why hasn't this been thought of :P

way too much work given the volume of help calls staff handles

diminishing returns and all that
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Help: (NewbieNewb)(Pub 1): How do I shot?s
      1:RoboHelp> NewbieNewb was given ticket #123
      1:Staff1> !answer 123
      (RoboHelp)> Ticket 123 has been removed from the queue.
      Staff1 then answers the help call in-game

This solves the problem of too many help calls, leaving only the ones that are NOT answered in the queue

.....or would this be too difficult for a staff member to do? Cuz you know.. writing ;!answer NUMBER before answering a help call would be WAAAY too much work..
      +Feature
      Every 20 minutes or so, if there's an unanswered question in the queue, RoboHelp notifies this in the staff chat
      1:RoboHelp> There are X tickets in the queue that are not answered.
      Last edited by Xog; 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Maybe Jason is referring to the bot coding work, not the new Robo protocol.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
          Maybe Jason is referring to the bot coding work, not the new Robo protocol.
          Easy to mix that up then I guess..
          Originally posted by Jason
          way too much work given the volume of help calls staff handles

Comment

FYI:

i settled on tuna fish, pickles and a little miracle whip

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
              Easy to mix that up then I guess..
              Not being specific enough, it's possible that the number of help calls they handle is really low and thus it's not worth the effort to write the program.

I haven't been in-game nor do I know how many help calls are fielded so it could be a low number. It could be high too. Let's flip a coin.
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Help calls are barely being responded to these days, there's no point in organizing work you aren't doing.
                Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

sorry for the ambiguity.

edify is correct. given the ever decreasing zone population, the volume of help calls isn't high enough to warrant the effort it would take to code such a system into the bot.

we need to attract players and build the player base back up before we consider ideas such as this.

one final note. i've only been back on staff a short while, and admittedly, i'm far more inactive than i want to be. i've got a shit ton of important things going on out in the big bad real world. once my life settles down, i would like to get to work and actually do some good. i know it pisses people off to consistently hear a lot of talk out of staffers who don't back up their words with actions.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

That's a quite good idea, Xog. I would love to create such a thing but I probably would only do it just for the kicks of it.

However, like most people here already say - the number of help calls are too low compared to the amount of work it will take to create such a system. On the other hand, the number of calls that are NOT taken is relatively HIGH. Such a ticket system would definately diminish the number of untaken calls.

Like alot of other ideas floating around - it's a good idea but not enough basis to be worked out.
                    Maverick
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                    Subspace Statistics Administrator
                    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Hey maverick, how about you get cracking on deleting robohelp autoresponds except during Midnight till 6am.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

ummm no?
                        Maverick

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          That's a quite good idea, Xog. I would love to create such a thing but I probably would only do it just for the kicks of it.

However, like most people here already say - the number of help calls are too low compared to the amount of work it will take to create such a system. On the other hand, the number of calls that are NOT taken is relatively HIGH. Such a ticket system would definately diminish the number of untaken calls.

Like alot of other ideas floating around - it's a good idea but not enough basis to be worked out.

ah, I see now. I was under the impression that staff receives too many help calls and thus not all of them are answered.. but I guess it's just lazy staff members :P

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                            but I guess it's just lazy staff members :P
                            I would say it's a bit of both - sometimes not enough staff is on, sometimes staff is busy with other things, sometimes some staff are just lazy, sometimes nobody really knows the answer (and is afraid to say it) and sometimes it's just pointless to take the call :P
                            Maverick

Comment

Working...
                            X