No announcement yet.

Continuum Marketing: ACTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other zones aren't donating money, so why would you advertise continuum instead of trenchwars considering we have our own main site and download page.

Not even being critical, just asking, unless your getting donations from other zones as well.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      Other zones aren't donating money, so why would you advertise continuum instead of trenchwars considering we have our own main site and download page.

Not even being critical, just asking, unless your getting donations from other zones as well.
      We are receiving donations from people that dont play tw, yes

also i think its a little more professional to adv for the game itself and not just 1 server.. The ads are to bring more people to the game itself
      Last edited by Xog; 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
        Didn't think of using a bot to check for other registered names/IPs/MacIDs. It's a good idea.

If anybody has any ideas to implement or suggestions regarding advertising, let L.C. or me know

Who tha fuck elected you to do anything, im gonna personally make sure that if i find new players in the game i will torment them so much they'll want to quit.
        IF YOU EVER DREAM OF BEATING ME, YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND APOLOGIZE.

1:Vermillion Flame> crap, why is it so hard to grab just one newbie lol

1:Vermillion Flame> i've noticed that. a real lack of supply of players here

1:Vermillion Flame> i never thought a single newbie could be so precious
        yo dog, I heard you like driving, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive
        Originally posted by tone
        no you son of a bitch debunker

Comment

We fixed the google analytics code for the download 2 days ago.

Yesterday, LC also went through the advertisement settings and set it so that it would only advertise for English users, and within major countries only. He also increased bid percents by up to 15% for certain kinds of clicks.

Analytics shows that /GameDownloaded has been hit 29 times (aka 29 clicks on Continuum040Setup.exe download button) since it's been fixed. 27 out of 29 are unique, and average "page time" is 2:38 minutes (sounds to me like they waited for it to finish downloading!).

15 of those 29 people spent an average of 5:24 minutes downloading it -- these people came through Google. 5 of the 29 people already knew the address getcontinuum.com somehow and spent an average time of 1:16 minutes supposedly downloading Continuum040Setup.exe.

I think at least 3 of the 29 came from the advertisements. The rest simply Googled it (plus any exception already noted). 3 of the 29 were returning visitors. 22 of 29 were from North America, the rest from Europe; 3 from Northern Europe, 1 from Southern Europe, and 1 from Western Europe.

19 of 29 came from the United States; 3 from Canada, 2 from UK, 1 from Estonia, 1 from Netherlands, and 1 from Spain.

4 from Florida, 2 from England, 2 from Tennessee, 3 from Texas, 2 from Alberta, 2 from Massachusetts, 1 from unknown, 1 from Washington DC, 1 from Indiana, 1 from Maine, 1 from New York, 1 from North Carolina, 1 from Ontario, 1 from Oregon, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from Valencia, 1 from Wisconsin, and 1 from Zuid-Holland.

25 cities to list, so I won't specify them. Get Analytics access instead.

14 were using Firefox, 10 were using Internet Explorer, and 3 were using Chrome.

17 have Cable, 6 have DSL, 2 have T1, 2 have Unknown.

Roughly 19 different ISPs to list, so I won't list them. Ask for Analytics access instead.

Comment

Xog, where do I dump 30 bucks in Quartz's name? Lost a bet so I have to pay up.
            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

hold on to it we have better plans

Comment

five bucks ain't much, but i hope it helps?

Comment

What are better plans?
                  1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
                  1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
                  1:Sir Spider> at least on me
                  1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

see the side-ads on www.warcraftmovies.com?

yeah, we're looking to get something like that going along. still negotiating price though, it's really high.

Comment

Does the Continuum download still have a set of SSDirs that don't work? Do the new players find zones to play in?
                      Ara / AraGee / Death
                      SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                      SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                      TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                      ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                        Does the Continuum download still have a set of SSDirs that don't work? Do the new players find zones to play in?

There is a new continuum installer with the correct working directories.

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?sho...0&#entry263088

http://www.subspaceonline.com/downloads.php

edit:
                        to see if a certain directory server is working: http://ssdir.playsubspace.com/centralonline.pl
                        Last edited by Xog; 03-02-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure how much of this is being done anymore, but maybe this can revitalize it?

http://www.google.com/adwords/tvads/index-b.html

TV ads through Google that cost as little as $20.

It could be something to look into.
                          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Kanish> my liege is sir spider

LOOOOOOL
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I think that text: "Meet people all over the world.. Then kill them" is pretty meaningless to outsides who have never heard of a thing like "SubSpace"

Comment

And?

Did the fuel for this fire burn up? What now? Are we still actively advertising?

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES!

By the way the link above is old - Post on this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/WebGames/com...lay_continuum/
                                Last edited by Twenty Four; 05-14-2010, 04:41 PM.
                                Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Working...
                                X