New events - we need you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turban View Post
    sorry. I will go eat a tomato instead of trolling. In fact I ate some tomatoes a while ago.. mm.
    I think you got the wrong tomato hater.
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Tomato hater? I know Ilyaz loves tomatoes.

Fool. :fear:

Comment

This is why Turban is good people.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
          I miss ww3
          ^^
          ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
          ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
          ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

when will staff ever learn, no we don't need new events. we need less events if anything. and events that have nothing to do with tw (except for classics like hockey/powerball) should be removed. less people who play the game should go hand in hand with spreading them over less arenas.

if events will truely be created with the goal 'much more action in them, than the basic shooting' it doesn't take a genius to see it's just going to be a huge fail.
            instead of creating utterly crappy events that just keep newbies dumb and oblivious of the actual game, i suggest you only host events that (in a fun way) help newbies to go a level beyond 'basic shooting' and perhaps even make them decent players?!

wait no, getting people to learn how to play the actual game, that would be a foolish thing to do, what was I thinking!

/back to my corner, not playing/caring about the game i go!

Comment

I agree with Bram. Special events worked much better back in the days when TW could sport 700 players during the peak hours. Every event became more fun because it was always alot of players in it. Now these days there are so many events that gets a very low turnout which makes the bad events even worse.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

the rule of thumb with events is most certainly: keep it simple!

turban has a very good list. i agree with pretty much all of it. i also agree with bram.

we realllllllyyyyy don't need any new events at this point. we just need to get ER's to stop hosting the ridiculously automated, bot-dominated crap and start getting back to basics.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

New events aren't really a problem its the fact that we have a group of new staffers who host a lot of events that cater to the new people. Events back in the day catered towards more of the veteran crowd of players, and when veterans played in an event the newer players would learn things from them and play with them. Also many events that are created are really really cut and dry, there is a lot of thinking involved in creating an event (well a good one), and some of the newer ones just aren't that well thought out.

Every event I created or made up is fun for every player which is why they became popular, an event is more than just a set of rules an event is something that caters to a large group of players with a wide array of ideas on what makes an event fun. You also have to understand a large portion of the player base to make an event that people will continually play, and even have to factor that into the making of an event.

I still don't understand why anyone likes guess, for instance.

-----

The problem isn't just the events it is the lack of showmanship that the host gives to events, when I created a new event I would tout it, several zoners, adverts, telling people about it, really getting people interested in playing it before it was ever hosted guaranteeing a large turnout for the games first run. First impressions are the most important, and if you actually take the time to properly introduce the game to the zone with as large of an amount of players as possible the game will seem more fun and become more of a classic sooner. Posting that your going to host an event on tw.org and expecting that to get people interested instead of spending the time promoting it.

-----

Also the use of automated crap during events has really killed the events as far as I can tell, I have always said that one of the greatest things about this game is that it isn't automated, when every other game in the world, every mmorpg is nothing but automation this game was sorta special in that regard, humans talking to humans, a actual host having fun with his players in his event, and that is sorta gone now, which really ruins half the fun of events.

-----

Basically what I am saying is there can never be too many arenas or events because it doesn't matter if there are 5000 events when only one is hosted at a time besides the elims/wbjavduels etc, it really boils down to a lack of good hosting, well thought out ideas and hosts overusing automation to be lazy instead of using it as a way to make sure they can be more interactive with their players. So this idea is a good idea as long as they are promoted correctly and hosted by the right people.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

A while ago a few people had the idea of a Godzilla type event. The basic gist was that one player was Godzilla, and several players were civilians or buildings (perhaps ships that were not mobile but had energy), and several players were defenders. The idea is that Godzilla must destroy all the buildings or civilians and the defenders must kill Godzilla.

That's the basic gist...add or subtract what you like.
                    Ну вот...

Comment

Oh yeah, fix disTENSION.
                      Ну вот...

Comment

distension is gone forever.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          distension is gone forever.
                          :wub::wub::wub:

Horray. Horray. Horray.

Did I mention, HORRAY?!

Comment

Turban is right except hunt is fun every now and then. It would also be nice to host events in different arenas. Like host hunt outside of .?go hunt if that's possible.
                            http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

I have grown to hate hunt, but yes.. It can be hosted in nearly any arena (besides Racing2 / any other arena where you can't kill "easily").

Comment

And most dangerous game r0x!

Comment

Working...
                                X