X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what browser and version?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i do a lot of forum browsing at work and i'm forced to use ie6. lots of page elements are missing for me. can't find an edit button either, heh.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I never realized how many whiners this game has.

Wah wah wah.
        Volcs> !sex
        Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
        Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
        Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
        Volcs> !sex on
        Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          mozilla firefox whatever the newest version is, just updated the other day
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            I'm using Firefox, but I can see both. The time stamp is right above the poster's name and avatar on the left, and the reply button is also on the left at the bottom.
            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
            1:Chao <ER>> at all
            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see an edit button.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see an edit button.
                Guess you'll just have to make sure what you say is what you mean. Like... you know... like... in real life.
                Volcs> !sex
                Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
                Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
                Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
                Volcs> !sex on
                Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

yeah none of that is showing for me in ie6. i'll have to check out chrome when i get home from work.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yes, this new forum version doesn't work at all for Internet Explorer 6: Screenshot.
                    No surprise really, IE 6 has been unsupported for years now. Unfortunately alot of big companies still work with it.

P.S. Posting images is disallowed on this forum. <_<
                    Last edited by Maverick; 01-04-2010, 02:50 AM.
                    Maverick
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                    Subspace Statistics Administrator
                    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Wax, maybe you can install this skin? I think it may be better then the current darkness skin and may even be suitable to built from for a custom skin.

http://www.talktemplate.com/content/...ulletin-4-Skin
                      Maverick
                      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                      Subspace Statistics Administrator
                      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

no problems with chrome or firefox. haven't tested opera or safari. i guess i'll just deal with the annoyances at work. i understand that i can't expect anything to work with ie6. that browser was "teh suck."
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Hi all, I'm back from my holiday afk and it's time to set the record straight on what's going on in the forums. Lemme try to lay this out to look pretty:

Why did we upgrade? (there are several reasons)

1. Security: The ancient version of vBulletin that we were using is susceptible to a large number of security vulnerabilities and we've needed to upgrade it for some time now. For example, as an admin I would see literally thousands of dummy accounts being created by spam bots and we had no way to stop them.

2. Staff CMS: Staff documentation is a total mess right now and has been for a few years. We have needed a Content Management System for a long time now to help us organize all the information that we have to keep track of. We have loads of information to track, things like how to host particular events, how to handle different types of calls, information about the bots, web sites, and databases. That information frequently gets lost with the mess of systems we are currently using. A vBulletin-based Content Management Systems solves that problem for us, and this version has that.

3. Public CMS/Blogosphere: Without wasting time with details, our server situation needs help. A lot of help. We need money to accomplish the kinds of changes that need to happen, a steady and continuous stream of revenue. We believe that with the right approach, we can get a large readership of the viewing public coming to our web sites. We can deliver banner and inline ads to them to earn the monthly revenue that we need. The approach is still being worked out, so I can't go into more detail at this time.

What's up with the ads?
                          One of the things that we needed to test in order to go ahead with #3 above is how well advertising networks integrate with this version of vBulletin. Let me set the record straight.... We are not trying to blast you guys with ads. We were simply setting up everything and making sure that VBulletin serves the ads properly and that we integrate with our ad networks properly. The ads are not meant for you. There are not enough of you to be worth the effort and we know you won't click them anyway. The ads are meant for a larger audience that we are hoping to attract via #3 above. As soon as we have everything set up and working the way we want, we will be deactivating the ads because they are of no use until our public CMS and Blogosphere ideas take shape. I personally have quite a few web sites that generate revenue via advertising and I know that it isn't worth the effort unless we're getting at least 5,000 unique visitors per day. We realize that isn't going to happen for some time.

What's up with Wax?
                          Our staff CMS, public CMS/Blogosphere, templating/skins, and advertising systems require a lot of work to get up and running properly. Wax has donated his time and energy to learning how these parts of vBulletin work. Wax is a helper, he's not running the show. Because Pure_Luck has been busy and I was afk, Wax has had to be the public spokesperson in our absense, a job that he really shouldn't have had because he wasn't fully aware of how and why we wanted to implement everything. Wax has solved a lot of our issues with the new forum but there are still many more things to do.

Why did we lose our skin?
                          We had no idea that this version of vBulletin would not work with our skins. We found out at the same time you did. We will be working on getting our skins compatible, or creating new ones, whatever it takes. The bottom line is that numbers 1 through 3 above were far more important than preserving our look, so we had to upgrade nevertheless.

Why were searches not working properly?
                          Database troubles... Pure_Luck re-indexed the database recently and searches should now be working properly.

Why were new registrants not able to activate their accounts?
                          Email system troubles. Pure_Luck fixed that too.

What's up with the obscenity filter?
                          Honestly I'm not sure yet. As you can see there are a lot of issues and we're working through them as we can, and I haven't gotten to this one yet. The filter has to do with the terms of service for our ad networks. We may or may not be able to turn the filter off after we have turned off the ads, I'm still trying to work all of that stuff out. I'll let you know as soon as I have a definite answer.

Thanks for your patience (those of you that have been patient lol) and keep reporting any problems you find so we can work through them.

Comment

Thanks for all of that Space Hiker, and thanks TW staff for doing this. You're all doing a great job and I hope everything works out in the long run. Keep up the good work.

It's actions like this from staff members that make this game look better. It shows someone cares. I haven't seen that in a while.

Comment

I am using IE8 on the forums and have tested this with XP, Vista and 7. All work fine and I see no errors or missing info.

It may take some to get familiar with the new layout, but after testing the forum using various work computers and my home network computers, all using IE8 as well as the various O.S. previously noted....there are no problems and I am not sure why so many are having a difficult time viewing. Jason is exempt from this as he noted his work computers are on IE6...dude that really sucks!
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

My work computers use IE7 and I encounter an editing error. If I click on "Edit" then there's a message on the bottom left bar saying "Error on page." When I click edit after I see it, then I will be able to edit. Kinda weird. I'll give you the error message after I post this and edit it in. :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X