Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pub (from a 10 year pubber, who pubs exclusively, does not league)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@dexter: Thank-you very much. Coming from you, high praise indeed. :wub:

Comment

A nice idea but i think the problem is really most people in tw don't care about pub at all.

Pub imo is a place to learn all ships and decide what your main ship is.

From there few people really return to pub. Pub is a basing training centre.

Comment

Originally posted by inaphyt View Post
        A nice idea but i think the problem is really most people in tw don't care about pub at all.

That's a bit circular. I think if pub gave players more tools to base successfully, by allowing them to remove dead weight from their teams, then more players would base there. Pub has advantages, if basing there became commonplace. For one, it's always available, when you want to play. No need to schedule matches. For another, there is less politics. I'm sure league has its advantages too. Just saying that pub could also shine as more than a "training area" (or griefing area), if it was set up a bit differently.

Comment

what if a freq wins multiple times in a row in pub, the bot shuffles the teams
          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by inaphyt View Post

It was in pub that I learned to jav through reading your guide and applying the knowledge within. Without pub, I would never have been able to try out all those nifty tricks you wrote about!

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
              what if a freq wins multiple times in a row in pub, the bot shuffles the teams
              Yes, an excellent point about team balancing. It is being discussed here:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...44-In-fairness

if you want to join in on that thread.

You can have both, team balancing, and player control of freq3 and freq4. Autobalance would only be after every match (best 3 of 5 rounds); all players would get randomly redistributed back to freq1 and freq2, only IF the match went 3:0. From there, they could rebuild freq3 and freq4. It would keep things dynamic, so one freq doesn't dominate, yet still allow for dead weight to be removed from active basing teams on freq3 and freq4.

Comment

if you're this adamant on basing properly, why not actually do it properly and join a twbd squad?
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                  It was in pub that I learned to jav through reading your guide and applying the knowledge within. Without pub, I would never have been able to try out all those nifty tricks you wrote about!
                  pfft come at me with a duel not an insult.

Comment

Working...
                  X