Stats is F'd up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats is F'd up

I have been noticing this for months now. When I exit an arena and come back, my scores are not the same as they were when I left. Yes, I am a rec-whore, but this is why I noticed. Today I performed an experiment. My record was 256:110 and I left the pub for about an hour. When I came back, my rec was 241:103.

Earlier in the day this happened as well, and it was and usually is disadvantageous. I had a 217:90, and when I came back it was 200:90.

I have ?help called this several times and mods never believe me.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Ok, so it just did it again, big time. I logged off earlier with a 292:120, and I just logged back on with 246:106. Clearly broken.
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>na

Comment

Dunno what to tell you man, maybe pub stats save at checkpoints now instead of constantly like they used to, maybe it takes up less CPU for the server.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Oh well. Guess I'll just enjoy the act of playing itself rather than racking up good stats. Nice avatar and sig by the way, I totally agree with you.
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>na

Comment

Thanks, these forums are full of ignorant liberals that I troll on a daily basis and they are always too stupid to stop trying to argue with me. But being a troll is just so easy when what I believe in has been proven correct time and time again, and their way of thinking has failed times beyond count. Welcome back btw.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

?find za gophar

Comment

I was stat-whoring one reset and the exact same thing happened to me too, as if my session wasn't counted or some check-pointing was occurring too. It happened on more than one occasion.

That did not stop me on my quest for online achievements, though.
              YEAH BABY TAKE THAT, MESS!!!!!*

07th Scorereset period of 2010:
              - Overall: Highest Rating (2703)
              - Overall: Highest Average (904)

*glavtik is gonna deliver you a kick in the shins for me

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                ?find za gophar
                Hahahah took me a minute to get that!
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>na

Comment

Hey,

I assume you're talking about your statistics showed in the public statistics at trenchwars.org? Are you talking about the overall score or the score of a specific ship?

I'm sure the public statistics still holds some bugs that cause this odd behaviour but let me try to explain how it works. Everytime you enter/leave a public arena, your overall score is recorded. When you're playing in the public arena and killing people or getting killed, the pubbots record those kills and add it to the specific ship scores. Every 15 minutes, the pubbots send all of their gathered statistics to the PubHub which saves it to the database.

The overall scores are the most reliable as the pubstats copy them directly from the server into the database (after 15 minutes), the ship scores are only recorded when the bots are online and registering kills/losses.

Unfortunately, I can't really explain why the bots show a different score after some time after leaving the arena.
                  Maverick
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                  Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                  Subspace Statistics Administrator
                  Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Thanks!

Now that you ask, my memory is fuzzy. Maybe the overall stats were fine, but the per-ship stats were wrong.

As you say, there's not much that can go wrong with the overall, but any lost k:d on the per-ship stats cannot be salvaged. So I guess it makes a bit more sense now.

Comment

za gophar i saw 311 live last year

smoked weed with peanut no big deal
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                        Hey,

I assume you're talking about your statistics showed in the public statistics at trenchwars.org? Are you talking about the overall score or the score of a specific ship?

I'm sure the public statistics still holds some bugs that cause this odd behaviour but let me try to explain how it works. Everytime you enter/leave a public arena, your overall score is recorded. When you're playing in the public arena and killing people or getting killed, the pubbots record those kills and add it to the specific ship scores. Every 15 minutes, the pubbots send all of their gathered statistics to the PubHub which saves it to the database.

The overall scores are the most reliable as the pubstats copy them directly from the server into the database (after 15 minutes), the ship scores are only recorded when the bots are online and registering kills/losses.

Unfortunately, I can't really explain why the bots show a different score after some time after leaving the arena.
                        He's talking about the F2 scores (which I believe are viewed client-side but the real value is on the server and it's not updating correctly). I've noticed this happen to me on several occasions. Say I'd get 100 kills, exit the arena, do something else, come back and I've have like 92 instead of 100 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                          za gophar i saw 311 live last year

smoked weed with peanut no big deal
                          omgz that is crazy.. where you thinking about how much za gophar would be envying you right then? Did you tell p-nut this? I think he would have been interested lol. How did you pull that off though?

But yes, I am talking about the F2 box.
                          apt>yes u can wtf
                          apt>na

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                            Hey,

The Ranking stat for individual ships is not correct. This is how ranking should be calculated and when I make a calculation on my stats at trenchwars.org for a ship it's not adding up as it should on the website.

Rating formula: Rating = (kill points x 10 + (wins-losses) x 100) / (wins + 100)

The average stat also seems bugged.

Edit: And that is not everything, right now I have overall wins of 1500 and 2275 wins in jav...(!)

Comment

late response but whatever -- malladrin, trench wars has a flag. your rating will be affected by that too, if your team has the flag you get more points (and rating) where as if there's no flag the rating system will work just fine.

if that makes any sense. pizza time!

Comment

Working...
                              X