any chance we can get scrabble in tw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any chance we can get scrabble in tw?

i think it was starwars zone that originally had this, and i believe there was some kind of exclusivity due to the people who developed it, but man oh man, i would love to have a scrabble arena in tw. i would even go so far as to set up a scrabble league.

yeah, i'm that much of a nerd. wannafightaboutit?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Bit off-topic but have you played boggle in TW? It's been hosted using the bots several times and it's always been fun.

Comment

what?! we have boggle?!

my mind has just been boggled. pun most definitely intended.

gotta try this.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah it's seriously good! We have some fast minds out there in the trenches. After each round there's always someone with a massive score and everyone else is like "HOW?" "NICE..." "DAMN!!"

Comment

This has been played in ?go lasertag before

Comment

I'm 99% sure the existing Scrabble module is a MervBot plugin, so someone would have to make one for TWCore.
            sdg

Comment

I actually spoke to a SysOp from one of the zones that currently has Scrabble and they sent me all the things needed for Scrabble. It is done with MervBot, Stab. If I could just find someone with the time and interest to set it up for us...
              3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
              -----
              Domi> hello cuti-pies
              Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
              Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
              -----
              i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
              Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
              -----
              Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

:down:

scrabble engines reduce internet scrabble to "who has the luckiest draw".
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PriitK View Post
                  What a weird idea using action game engine for board games. It is like repairing teeth through ass.
                  If you want to play board games and such, go to http://games.yahoo.com, 121,470 players online.

PriitK
                  In other words, fuck scrabble.

Comment

Yeah I am pretty sure Priitk didn't envision TW becoming a place where a large portion of the playerbase only logs in to use the ?chat feature either but 15 years later here we are. I would like to play some scrabble in my IRC room.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

yeah, i'm not really worried about the overall interest levels. i'm just being selfish, and i wanna play it myself. fuck all the haters.

shame the current plugin is for mervbot.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If you would like to make a ticket on twcore.org maybe when one of our bot developers have enough spare time then they can make the module. Make sure you register before making a ticket so we know who reported it.

Comment

there's a small chance i may already have a head start on this project. back in my early comp sci days at college, pretty sure it was freshman year, we wrote a java based scrabble game for a group project. i'm going to have to do some serious digging to see if i can find any of the code, though. and even then, i'm not sure it will translate very well into a twcore implementation.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

EDIT: Boing
                            Last edited by Nockm; 08-12-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X