No announcement yet.

New pub system (TW-Pub1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have an idea to keep base alive when the killothon is enable: kill count but in mid and base so there will be fucking amazing epic battle in killothon :P so no spawn kill anymore and base is more than alive :P^^ (u can disable thor and think about do something for lev abuse) i think is a good idea!

Comment

• Strike Base

I love the Strike Base feature, but just one nuisance....being warped out of safe zones. Can you fix it? It's annoying when I go afk for a couple minutes only to return to being death outed. Thanks

Comment

• Still....

Still getting warped to flag from safe...annoying.

Oh, btw...tw homepage is still linking to forums.trenchwars.org instead of going to the new .net address.

Comment

• site is being redesigned
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Thor Abuse!

I enjoy sending thors into a packed flag room as much as the next guy, but tonight Beam lobbing a thor every 15 seconds all night became more than a little annoying, and I'm sure there were less people actually playing because of it. Might I suggest increasing the time limit on buying Thors from 15 seconds to somewhere in the 2 minute range? Not all of us have 6 million space bux to kill basing with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dank Budz View Post
              I enjoy sending thors into a packed flag room as much as the next guy, but tonight Beam lobbing a thor every 15 seconds all night became more than a little annoying, and I'm sure there were less people actually playing because of it. Might I suggest increasing the time limit on buying Thors from 15 seconds to somewhere in the 2 minute range? Not all of us have 6 million space bux to kill basing with.
              QFT... as powerful as a thor is, there is no reason why it should be a 15 seconds during a heavy flag game.

Also, wtf with pwarp?

TW-Pub1> Item: pwarp (Warp a player)
              TW-Pub1> Price: $1000
              TW-Pub1> Targetable: Required
              TW-Pub1> Buyable from spec: No
              TW-Pub1> Restrictions:
              TW-Pub1> - Available only for ship(s) : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
              TW-Pub1> - Maximum of 1 per life
              TW-Pub1> - Maximum of 1 every 60 seconds

Why are the restrictions not in place (getting pwarped 3 times within 30 seconds by the same person anyone?)? Why is it in here to begin with as it defeats the purpose of antiwarp. Can this be fixed or even better, REMOVED from the buy list?

Comment

• Pwarp is no longer buyable from spec?

Gone are the days of LF warping my lev to save my bacon.
                TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
                WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
                CURL MAX: An entire ham
                SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
                DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
                WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
                BODYFAT:97%
                TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

• I like the addition to pub, gonna have to star playing it now :fear:

Comment

• Most Veteran Like : MK

i win this award in pub sometimes, and yet i have never won a killothon, but it seems like person with most kills would win a killothon, no? give me my goddamned money
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                      Most Veteran Like : MK

i win this award in pub sometimes, and yet i have never won a killothon, but it seems like person with most kills would win a killothon, no? give me my goddamned money
                      its because even though you get the most kills in a ROUND, doesn't mean you got the most kills in the 10 minute period for Killathon... that's pretty clear cut

Comment

• Hi dezmond, wingzero

you really need to fix, change and check out for:
                        - player buy burst for his terr (no time restriction) so terr can burst none stop...
                        - lev with high lvl bomb buy fullcharge (they shoot 2 time back to back... thats fucking too strong and they go high in streak in low time)
                        - put player limit for x and lev ... too many sometimes
                        - each round the warp are auto so when you disable it a round next one you will warp...

due to many people have over 100 000$ now you need to think about to:
                        - put higher price to buy fullcharge many abusing that (50$ isnt enough) and/or limit them 1 time by life (something like that) cause i see many wb abusing it now
                        - many people abusing shield, thor and strikebase so thats create long game and/or lame game ... maybe u can put 1 by round by team (something like this)

I suggest you for killothon:
                        kill count in mid and base (outside base kill doesn't count) so that will reduce spawn kill and base game never stop... that will create epic battle (like old time in old base map)
                        + will be fun if you disable lev and thor in it

to put everyone happy:
                        I don't like/enjoy lev/lt (cause i'm a pure baser) and i know many people hate it too... I know you enable lev to put everyone happy and to have tw population higher than having 2 mains area (1 with lev and 1 without lev). So I suggest to bring back !listvotes, if in area more people are baser: lev be disable and if in area more people are lev/lt lover: lev be enable. I think in old time !listvotes exist people abusing it so rules always changes... so maybe this time fix it like each hour (something like that) so everyone will be happy pure basers and lev/lt too ^^

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LordGore View Post
                          Hi dezmond, wingzero

you really need to fix, change and check out for:
                          - player buy burst for his terr (no time restriction) so terr can burst none stop...
                          - lev with high lvl bomb buy fullcharge (they shoot 2 time back to back... thats fucking too strong and they go high in streak in low time)
                          - put player limit for x and lev ... too many sometimes
                          - each round the warp are auto so when you disable it a round next one you will warp...

due to many people have over 100 000$ now you need to think about to:
                          - put higher price to buy fullcharge many abusing that (50$ isnt enough) and/or limit them 1 time by life (something like that) cause i see many wb abusing it now

- many people abusing shield, thor and strikebase so thats create long game and/or lame game ... maybe u can put 1 by round by team (something like this)

I suggest you for killothon:
                          kill count in mid and base (outside base kill doesn't count) so that will reduce spawn kill and base game never stop... that will create epic battle (like old time in old base map)
                          + will be fun if you disable lev and thor in it

to put everyone happy:
                          I don't like/enjoy lev/lt (cause i'm a pure baser) and i know many people hate it too... I know you enable lev to put everyone happy and to have tw population higher than having 2 mains area (1 with lev and 1 without lev). So I suggest to bring back !listvotes, if in area more people are baser: lev be disable and if in area more people are lev/lt lover: lev be enable. I think in old time !listvotes exist people abusing it so rules always changes... so maybe this time fix it like each hour (something like that) so everyone will be happy pure basers and lev/lt too ^
                          ^

thanks
                          1) There's a 30 second cooldown on buying a burst so a terr is not buying them and is most likely getting lucky team greens so there's nothing wrong here.

2) There is no problem with this, and the shots are NOT back to back. Levbomb refire rate prevents it from firing back to back (4 seconds even after a buying a Fullcharge after firing). The only time it seems like its back to back is when a LT moves so that they fire a bomb with momentum (one slow, one fast) and it makes it look like they fire twice in rapid succession, so again, nothing wrong here.

3) Not happening anytime soon. If it was a pub event (like those are ever hosted anyways) then maybe.

4) There's no point to increasing the fullcharge buy price, $50 is more than fair and a 15 second cool-down prevents it from being spammed. Not their fault players are finally being smart and using a macro other than for a kill message.

5) Long games is what keeps the pub alive. Aside from thor which SHOULD be limited moreso than it is now, everything else you listed is balanced and fair. Don't like shield? use !pwarp on the terr that buys it. Don't like strikebase? Hop in a shark and mine the upper FR, and its once every 2 minutes anyways for any freq. Its balanced and strategic, something that TW was lacking until this was made. It makes the game much more dynamic instead of waiting for a freq to try to push in.

6) Again, not going to happen. As a straight lev player i too hate LT's but even then, for the most part they are few and far in between so sadly the devs see no need to limit them at all. There are times that i too wish that maybe for a day or 2 they would turn on the "NoLevAttach" feature for a day or 2 a week and force some people to play lev the way i do. But the LT's whine even moreso than i do so I dont see it happening. Lev's are now mostly balanced to add a new dimension to pub FG, especially with a weakened bomb. They have to actually expose themselves now to make their shots count and be much more effective (unless they go superlev, and even then, they still need to be mindful of where they are aiming and still expose themselfs to get a real "worthwhile shot".

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick X+ View Post
                            1) There's a 30 second cooldown on buying a burst so a terr is not buying them and is most likely getting lucky team greens so there's nothing wrong here.

2) There is no problem with this, and the shots are NOT back to back. Levbomb refire rate prevents it from firing back to back (4 seconds even after a buying a Fullcharge after firing). The only time it seems like its back to back is when a LT moves so that they fire a bomb with momentum (one slow, one fast) and it makes it look like they fire twice in rapid succession, so again, nothing wrong here.

3) Not happening anytime soon. If it was a pub event (like those are ever hosted anyways) then maybe.

4) There's no point to increasing the fullcharge buy price, $50 is more than fair and a 15 second cool-down prevents it from being spammed. Not their fault players are finally being smart and using a macro other than for a kill message.

5) Long games is what keeps the pub alive. Aside from thor which SHOULD be limited moreso than it is now, everything else you listed is balanced and fair. Don't like shield? use !pwarp on the terr that buys it. Don't like strikebase? Hop in a shark and mine the upper FR, and its once every 2 minutes anyways for any freq. Its balanced and strategic, something that TW was lacking until this was made. It makes the game much more dynamic instead of waiting for a freq to try to push in.

6) Again, not going to happen. As a straight lev player i too hate LT's but even then, for the most part they are few and far in between so sadly the devs see no need to limit them at all. There are times that i too wish that maybe for a day or 2 they would turn on the "NoLevAttach" feature for a day or 2 a week and force some people to play lev the way i do. But the LT's whine even moreso than i do so I dont see it happening. Lev's are now mostly balanced to add a new dimension to pub FG, especially with a weakened bomb. They have to actually expose themselves now to make their shots count and be much more effective (unless they go superlev, and even then, they still need to be mindful of where they are aiming and still expose themselfs to get a real "worthwhile shot".

1)yes terr has 30sec limit to buy burst and yes team can get green burst to their terr but player can buy burst to his terr "buy burst:lordgore" (something like this) and this buy doesn't have limit... i know it cause i terr a lot....

2)again lev can shoot 2 time back to back... tab(fire) one time, after macro !buy fullcharge, after tab(fire) an other time (ok maybe 4sec) but for the strenght and for the range of lev shot (superlev) is too strong.. and the fire are both fast if you have smart terr... maybe for lev put higher than 4 sec will be better?

3-4)sad to know you want a pub real noob, without skill, without epic battle, with spawn kill..

5) I sure love long game, strikebase, shield and thor that doesn't the points. the point is people abusing it because people have cash now (than before) and time limit/use by life are ridiculous. So just put higher restriction than now...

6)2 days "nolevattach" will not change anything to pure baser... they will always destroy the pure base game because again their shot and range is too strong... yes if they shot they will expose themselve but the game will still same than now... no skill game... why when pub without lev existed was always full than other one with lev... cause more people like rough, epic and skill game! so maybe create 2 days "withtout lev" and 5 other days with lev will be fun :P (and yes lev bring an other dimension to the game but with the firebomb setting + the buy system they are very lame, ennoying and noob now) so please do something about that

thanks

Comment

• No no and more NO, Lev has way too many problems already with the refire rate being as slow as it is, and you're basing the complaints about levs because of the lt/superlev factor. Without superlev, a Lev becomes a strafe bomber, an upgraded jav of sorts. The level 2 bomb is not overpowered and if it was to become overpowered, it costs a rather big penny. Most lts nowadays are just nuisances and they don't upgrade. Why? because they mostly cant afford it. However when its a freq/squad effort (LTKings for example) yes they become a true pain. The buying full charge is 4 seconds, more than enough time to back away from a wall and buy your own full charge which the lev does too but has to wait 4 seconds. After that they are on their own for refires as lev has the slowest recharge. (from 0nrg to fire, 1050 which takes 6 seconds) That alone keeps lev firing in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick X+ View Post
                                No no and more NO, Lev has way too many problems already with the refire rate being as slow as it is, and you're basing the complaints about levs because of the lt/superlev factor. Without superlev, a Lev becomes a strafe bomber, an upgraded jav of sorts. The level 2 bomb is not overpowered and if it was to become overpowered, it costs a rather big penny. Most lts nowadays are just nuisances and they don't upgrade. Why? because they mostly cant afford it. However when its a freq/squad effort (LTKings for example) yes they become a true pain. The buying full charge is 4 seconds, more than enough time to back away from a wall and buy your own full charge which the lev does too but has to wait 4 seconds. After that they are on their own for refires as lev has the slowest recharge. (from 0nrg to fire, 1050 which takes 6 seconds) That alone keeps lev firing in check.
                                I see you post many time about lev... so i guess your a lev/lt fan so the debate will never end between me and you because i'm a pure baser (anti lev/lt) but i try be open to people love lev/lt.

I will be more open about lev's shot if they still the same than before (old pub base) because the range and strenght was less than now (with superlev)... yeah i'm agree lev's shot without upgrade it's seems like a kind of upgraded jav (so for a lev fan that shot kinda suck)... but why put superlev and not old lev shot... superlev are too powerfulll in that kind of game(for trench war for ships' energy)...

I don't know what is wrong to put higher seconds than 4 seconds for !buy fullcharge and why you think 6 seconds to recharge is very slow (old lev setting was worst than 6 seconds to recharge). If you check that vs a terr... lev's shoot is more powerfull (in dammage) than burst and you are mad/angry to wait more than 4sec to buy fullcharge and wait more than 6sec to have full energy but a terr need to wait 30 seconds before buy burst....

So i know you love the lev but try to think about to be fair everywhere to create fair game... don't turn that into the way of lev/lt lover... i suggest put higher seconds than 4 secs to buy fullcharge or just return to old lev's shot (before the lev's setting change). that will create more fair play game

(sure i always think about my !Listvotes thing for disable/enable lev in pub or enable lev like half week and other half week disable it so all be happy like that)

Comment

Working...
                                X