quick discussion on elim/belim startup duration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick discussion on elim/belim startup duration

so i was having a conversation with a player who said that he often misses getting into elim and belim rounds because he's trying to wrap up play in another arena and by the time he gets to the elim arena, the 30 second period to enter is already up.

what would you think about changing the startup duration to one minute instead of 30 seconds?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

I have actually had the same problem as i often window then just open ss when i see something starting. Not a bad idea.

-calm

Comment

One minute?
      “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
      -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
      -Bots / Systems creator
      -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

if its more than like 15 people one minute sounds good. otherwise 30 seconds. its only frustrating if you miss a large game.

i cant remember when elim adverts, but is it possible to maybe make that happen as soon as the previous game ends instead of waiting for the voting to start? that could give an extra 10 or 15 seconds maybe?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Like an advertisement announcing the end of an elimination round instead of an announcement of the beginning of a round? sounds like a plan.

Comment

It would be cool to put the winner, and maybe even MVPS record in the win emit.

Also please consider getting rid of anti-warp and fix the issue with being able to go so far outside of base without being removed from the game.

Its very frustrating getting spawned and not being able to warp.. Yes that spawnkill thing helps quite a bit but there are still situations that suck, for how simple it would be to change these things.

Also, there is still no logical reason to have weasel game . THE GAME IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE unless people agree to uncloak, or cheat. Oh yea, the game is still bugged and sometimes seals people outside of the flagroom still...

Either that or make it so you can only stay cloaked for a few seconds, or have x-radar, but have it drain enough energy that you would only be able to use it for quick peaks in fear of not having enough energy to shoot, or something..

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
              Also, there is still no logical reason to have weasel game . THE GAME IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE unless people agree to uncloak, or cheat. Oh yea, the game is still bugged and sometimes seals people outside of the flagroom still...

Either that or make it so you can only stay cloaked for a few seconds, or have x-radar, but have it drain enough energy that you would only be able to use it for quick peaks in fear of not having enough energy to shoot, or something..
              this
              Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

antiwarp is part of the game, although i guess the radius could be changed to a smaller one. but as I see it, baseelim has one big issue that needs to be fixed asap; and it's that damn outside base rule.

one can now run inside the base, then go outside for approximately 25 seconds. then run inside again for 1 second and go outside for another 25 seconds. the old bot (Robo_Ref) specced you for this, but this new bot.. naaaaaah.

if you plan on keeping the weasel elims, at least make sure it warps everyone inside and deprize STEALTH. it's always a fucking stalemate if all players use cloak and stealth, but at least if you get rid of stealth you can still see the player on radar instead of having to rely on sounds (wall bounces) or luck/spec hunting.

Comment

so back on topic for a sec:

should we extend the startup period to 60 seconds?

or would it be sufficient to simply zone at the end of a round instead of the beginning of a new one (as we do now)?
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I must say I do often miss belim because the time between the zone message and the arena lock is too short. The number of times I miss the lock by like less than 20 seconds is ridiculous
                    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                    beam> stfu tsunami
                    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Working...
                    X