Trench Wars Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Tutorial

Good afternoon. Theres something new in public. Created by Flared and Wingzero - !tutorial - is simple and explains step by step with the command !next. Try it out on public, you'll love it!
    Post here if you like or not!
    Enjoy in TW with the new bots and maps that are in development!
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
    -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
    -Bots / Systems creator
    -Pub Money creator[/B]

I liked the tutorial a lot. It's a great way to explain to newcomers how to play the game. I just wish we had it sooner.

Comment

Blast it with piss

Comment

It's informative. It's a bit troublesome to have to keep typing !next while getting shot at. Maybe time it at a reasonable length?
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Things I noticed about the tutorial
          • I heard that the bot that alias checks people is kind of buggy so people under aliases get asked if they are new. Obviously this needs to be fixed, but once it is, the whole having to type !end in the middle of battle is kind of a nuisance. (I know everyone starts out in spec anyway, but it's impossible to comprehend the tutorial with people shooting at you, because naturally the person will want to get in. )Since we have introduced separate dueling mini-arenas, can another be added specifically for new people to enter into, instead of directly in the heat of battle? So that they can get the hang of the movement of the ship, have time to read the tutorial as they learn the basics without getting d/c'd from server for too many deaths. That would be annoying and not a +1 for replayability.
          • Careful detail needs to go into explaining the Esc menu, since this is the most essential menu in the game. What exactly things mean in the menu, explaining that the player is currently in spectator mode, the main command menu being the esc menu, etc. So they know how to at least enter spec, change ships, change arenas etc. At least make them familiar with the terms.
          • Pictures of the ships with names should be included somewhere in this tutorial so people know what to call them. It should be made clear to the newbie that there are staff members only a help call away and to type ?help i'm new (or whatever) to talk to someone if they need more in-depth explanations of things, and a staff member willing to go to this newbie arena (mentioned above) and show them how to play. Play with them to show by example. Frankly I think there should be people dedicated to doing just that if called. But like I said, pictures with the names of the ships, maybe giving a short pro/con list for each. Maybe somewhere there also needs to be an explanation of L1/L2/L3 bullets/bombs. Explaining the difference in power and what ships have them. Instead of saying "wb shoots one shot kill bullets" in the list, have it has Warbird shoots a single L3 bullet. (After of course explaining what L1/2/3 mean, not complicated info) It would make the pro-con list easier and would give the player at least a little bit of an understanding of what ships are what.
          • Command explanations need to be moved somewhere else on the screen.
          • Last but not least, a goddamn FAQ explaining all of these aspects of the game needs to be built, and linked to the player. I think the tutorial and FAQ should tie into one another some way. Also, the player should be referred to the website.

This seems like a lot doesn't it? I really dunno, but I went through the tutorial and these are the things that came to mind. Food for thought.

PS The tutorial idea is awesome and I'm so glad this is finally being implemented.
          I'm Fem.

Comment

Working...
          X