New Website Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website Idea

As most of you know, the TrenchWars website is being completely rebuilt. During this time, I've asked many of you in-game to provide me with your ideas for the new things you would like to see on our website.

One idea that has come up is the ability to receive text messages from the site when you get a TWD match. (you would have the option to enable/disable this feature at all times)

We could go a step further and allow different checkbox options for updates.

1) TWD Match Starts
    2) TWL Date/Time Set
    3) News Updated
    etc....

^ Any other options you guys want.

I just wanted to see what ya’ll thought about it. If enough people want that feature, I'll look into having it implemented into our new website.

Let me know.

Yes, I would love to have the ability to receive updates of my choosing via text!
    43.75%
    I don't care either way.
    31.25%
    No, that's stupid.
    25.00%
    Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

If you could toggle which you receive and toggle on/off than it would be great.
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
      If you could toggle which you receive and toggle on/off than it would be great.
      Yeah, that's what I was trying to say in the 1) 2) 3) part. That you could CHOOSE what alerts you would like to get.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

sounds cool. i vote yes. but, i would use it if i could set text times so i'm not getting texts in the middle of the night. for example, i would want to allow texts only from noon to 7 p or something

Comment

holy SHIT THIS IS A GREAT IDEA HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

OP described pretty much ideal system. does the texting work 2-way? could i txt !notplaying right before class?
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Good Idea. But only if it isn't so much of a hassle considering how many people are going to use it.

Comment

good idea

+1
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I had thought about doing this before for SSGN as it is scarily easy to do. Almost makes you worry about spam sites eventually figuring out your carrier and spamming your phone # with stupid txts. Probably coming in the future once unlimited texting becomes standard.

Lemme know how this goes.
                Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
                Former SSC Network Administrator
                SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

why would i want to know when riverside loses to paladen or something when i am asleep
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                  X