Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new type of Trench Wars Town (PLEASE READ, NEED SOME HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new type of Trench Wars Town (PLEASE READ, NEED SOME HELP)

I'm currently working on a new type of Town Map for Trench Wars. This map would involve a town where the houses themselves are uniquely created and are not labeled for each person. This map will give the opportunity for people with pub bucks to spend their hard earned money and show off their houses.

The idea behind this is for players to spend money on houses and also businesses if they wish. Just like in the real world there are lower, middle, upper class houses. In this town you'll see everything from a trailer park, to apartments, to lower/middle/upper class houses. If you got the money then you can claim it as your own.

I honestly at this point don't have enough time to make each single individual house by myself. I've already created quite a bit however for this map and have fully designed it. My only problem now is filling in the remaining houses on the map.

The one thing you will notice about this town is it's unique shape and that all of the houses are not squares. This town will contain housing units that are unique and different so that each person can choose their own style of a house that fits them best or that they like the best.

I've been doing this whole "town" thing for a long time in Trench Wars. I'm the one who started the whole fad a long time ago by creating ?go twtown for the first time. Once I created that other people copied it and made their own. The whole economic idea using pub bucks was sprung up by Arobas+ and Flared. I was simply put in charge of creating the map.

Anyways the reason I'm posting this is to ask for help making the rest of the houses. If anyone out there has made a house before for prior maps has the time to make some houses, I will surely put them on the map and give you credit in the upper left as a participant for helping make the map.

Also I am putting businesses/stores on this map. To make a long story short, if you buy a business there will be perks to it. But that is all still to be decided.

Categories of housing units

Houses(I still have ALOT to put on the map and need major help in this area)

* Luxury House - 96 x 96 tiles (COMPLETE)
    * 1st Class House - 64 x 64 tiles (COMPLETE)
    * Middle Class House - 48 x 48 tiles (22 LEFT TO MAKE)
    * Lower Class - 32 x 32 tiles (48 LEFT TO MAKE)

Apartments **(I still have many I need to make. Apartments stay as squares)**

* Suite Unit - 42 x 42 tiles (Middle-Right Complex)
    * Large Unit - 32 x 32 tiles (Middle-Right Complex)
    * Medium Unit - 25 x 25 tiles (Both Complexes)
    * Small Unit - 16 x 16 tiles (Both Complexes)

Trailer Park(Trailer park is COMPLETED)

* Luxury Trailer - 32 x 48 tiles
    * Large Trailer - 48 x 20 tiles
    * Medium Trailer - 48 x 16 tiles (wider)
    * Small Trailer - 32 x 16 tiles

***PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE HOUSING UNIT A SQUARE. YOU CAN CREATE THE HOUSE ANYWAY YOU WANT SO LONG AS IT DOESN'T GO PAST THE SQUARE'S BOUNDARIES. ***

The property limits are stated above for each individual unit. For example the "Lower Class House is 32 x 32 tiles so the square would simply be 32 across and the 32 down and then you can create the house anyway you want inside that square. Just please do not make the entire house a square.

ALSO NOTE: Apartment complexes will obviously stay a square, just arrange whatever furniture you want inside the limit of the apartment units. Please try to make each unit unique and different as best as you can.

Once you have created however many units you wish to help with (hopefully a few =P) please email them to:

If you have any questions, please leave me a message in-game or by email.

Thanks,
    -Matorian (Matorian@paladen.net)

Trench Wars Moderator
    Trench Wars Staff Trainer
    Trench Wars Map Developer
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

"I'm taciturn and reluctant, I dislike others being involved in my affairs; a Lone Wolf..."
    -=(Creator of ?go matrix2 | ?go gatez2 | ?go battlezone | ?go twtown)=-

so youre combining ?go twtown and ?go tortuga
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Aw come on, I know some people out there still love me. Anyone want to make some houses? =XX

Trench Wars Moderator

"I'm taciturn and reluctant, I dislike others being involved in my affairs; a Lone Wolf..."

Comment

as someone with some property on the original ?go twtown, i'd like to have a stab at it. but i also havent used a map editor since... 2004?

is there a deadline?
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

im still waiting for my spot at q8 in twvillage to get added
          its only been what like 4 years already right

did kian die irl or something or what
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post

yah he had quit for a while and I hear he has recently came back.

Comment

this where my dirty money gonna come in handy
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

There is no dead line but I've been working on this map since December 2010 so I would like to eventually get it done within the next 2 months or so.

As soon as the map is done the "Bot" can start being created for the economic process and purchasing process etc.

If we can get this map done sooner than later it would help with everything else in this project to get finished quicker. There is no actual dead line though.

Trench Wars Moderator

Comment

Lol... ok so yeah I was gone for a while, busy working 80 hours a week in summer, school in fall but I'm back and have been for some time... ?find Kian Kahill <ZH> PS You're house probably never made it to the actual map for a couple of reasons. 1) Most people don't know, that the reason TWVillage has yet to be completed is because there is a "tile limit" for arenas. Dads revenge and I found this out after trying to upload new maps but to only have them crash in DEV. I would remove some houses and then it would be fine. Maybe I will take up trying to complete it, adjusting some houses but it will take some work. Ill think about it, because would be nice to see it complete. But anyways...

I think I may make some houses for you Matorian. I think the only question I have is what tileset are you using? Basic TWTown titleset?
                  1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                  1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                  1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                  1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                  1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                  1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                  1:exquisite> ya
                  1:Ease> try skipping school
                  1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                  1:Kian> LOL EASE
                  1:Collusion> LOOL
                  1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

I will post the tileset on here shortly. Have to go to work at the moment. When I get off I'll post the tileset and hopefully a copy of the map so everybody can get an idea of what the map looks like and how each house is being designed with a unique look instead of being uniformed.

Thanks for anyone whos willing to help, I could really use it to finish this project.

Trench Wars Moderator

Comment

I got you Matorian, I got you. $$$
                      1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                      1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                      1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                      1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                      1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                      1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                      1:exquisite> ya
                      1:Ease> try skipping school
                      1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                      1:Kian> LOL EASE
                      1:Collusion> LOOL
                      1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Matorian View Post
                        Houses(I still have ALOT to put on the map and need major help in this area)
                        a lot*

Originally posted by KiAN View Post
                        PS You're house probably never made it
                        your*

now that thats out of the way:

good to see youre not dead irl :P

Originally posted by KiAN View Post
                        1) Most people don't know, that the reason TWVillage has yet to be completed is because there is a "tile limit" for arenas. Dads revenge and I found this out after trying to upload new maps but to only have them crash in DEV.
                        i forgot that existed, but it makes sense
                        was it the one with permanent 0% dl or the one with the 'could not create x.lvl'?

for mat:
                        u should keep this in mind when you make the next town, and reject houses that have too many tiles, like hide mazes

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

a lot*

your*

now that thats out of the way:

good to see youre not dead irl :P

i forgot that existed, but it makes sense
                          was it the one with permanent 0% dl or the one with the 'could not create x.lvl'?

for mat:
                          u should keep this in mind when you make the next town, and reject houses that have too many tiles, like hide mazes

This town is going to be alot different. As stated above its not going to be a bunch of squares everywhere. Also all of the houses are being made to look good and mimic real life houses, IE: kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. There won't be mazes or any crazy stuff like that in this town. I'm not trying to make it boring I'm just trying to make it as realistic as possible.

If anyone does volunteer to help make houses please make them look professional looking and make it look good enough to where someone would actually want to spend pub bucks on the house/unit.

Thats all I'm saying.

Trench Wars Moderator

Comment

Also on that note just as a reminder, I don't have a lot of time anymore to spend on this project. I have a 1 year old son to take care. I have a full time job to go to and a wife to spend time with. Also I'm an SSCU Trench Wars Moderator, Staff Trainer, TWD-Operator, and of course a Map Developer.

I really want to complete this project its just a very time consuming map. Imagine ?go twtown and ?go twvillage. Imagine making each house by yourself. You kind of get a creativity-block after making so many houses uniquely. It's not an easy thing to pull off. I have managed to create more than half of the map by myself with little time.

Thats the only reason why I'm requesting help on finishing this map. #1 it's never going to be finished and all of my time I have spent on it will be for nothing which would just plain suck. #2 I really want to show off all of the work that has been put into this map. #3 I want everybody to be able to enjoy having this new type of town around.

Thanks,

Trench Wars Moderator

Comment

I'm going to keep living in a small trailer so I can live the life of Kthx through subspace
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X