This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Basing Ship

I know you're all probably getting sick of my incessant whining and complaints about the weasel. And I don't care.

I decided to stop being such a rec whore today and start doing some quality basing. I got pretty pumped up because I realized there was an alleged adition to the ships useful in basing, so I went to check it out. Let's take a look:

Isn't it kind of obvious that the ship still has not improved? For the majority of the time I played, I was being avidly hunted by at least six terriers (only five shown above). Amidst all the hunting though, I was still able to wreak havoc on warbirds, lancasters, spiders, you name it. I did not deserve a single kill that I got. And trying to get into the flag room? It was next to impossible.

So I will say the same thing I have been saying in other posts. It would be best for cloaking to be completely removed from Trench Wars. With the ability to cloak, ship six will always be either too strong or too powerful, not to mention annoying. I really don't think it is possible to get it just right. People get angry when they are killed by it, and hunt it down in a terrier, and I hardly think having 15 terriers per pub helps basing. Just look at the screen shot I took; I was able to fit four terriers into one screenshot, and I believe our location was somewhere near the left safe zone.

There are a million ways that the weasel could be made a more useful and more ship, and none of them involve cloaking. Perhaps the one tile setting could be kept and it could be given more speed and a faster bullet. That's just an idea. Through trial and error, the weasel may become a well balanced ship that takes skill to use as well as skill to kill, for everyone.

So it has been established that the ship is lame, it is destructive toward basing, and a lot of people hate it (I kind of got that impression by how many people called me "newb," "damn cloaker," etc.). You may say that the some similar arguements could be made toward the levi. I am not attacking the levi because I know that so many people like it that it may be best just to leave it the way it is for now, or maybe make some minor changes. So what do you think?
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

maybe its just me... but i dont c ne pictures

Comment

my web host is crap, they may appear for you eventually, if not click on properties and copy and paste the url into your browser thing. if that doesnt work, well heres what they look like.

the first one is a picture what used to be my ship (cloaker) trying to get into the flagroom through the roof. There are two terriers, a jav, and a spider crowded around that hole, it is blatently obvious that I had no chance of getting in.

the second image contains three small screenshots. I am being hunted by 3 to four terriers in each one, and I am no where near base.
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>na

Comment

i see them fine, but didnt read the writing so they didnt mean much to me :eek:
        1:ToRR <ZH>> i was a huge ass and i've really cut down to only like 25% of the ass i used to be

Comment

And where was the rest of your freq at the time? If they weren't basing as well, then I've got news for you. The same thing will happen to any other ship trying attack the base alone with 6 terrs and presumably enough attaching ships to warrent 6 terrs.

Comment

So you're saying that the weasel is helpful and is a good baser like all the other ships?
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>na

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
              So you're saying that the weasel is helpful and is a good baser like all the other ships?
              it's definitely not "too strong or too powerful" compared to other ships.

and you still have yet to make a valid argument.
              go away.
              plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

It wasn't too strong or too powerful before either, and that's when you asked for a change in the ship and got it. Now it's not too strong or too powerful, and I am pushing for a change.. because it is too weak and too lame. And what the hell do you have against my ultimate suggestion anyway? Why do you like the fact that it cloaks so much? Can't we have a ship whose victims will die when they are at fault and not when some newbie pops up from nowhere and kills them? I don't see why you're being so defensive. And I think I have made plenty of very valid arguements.
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>na

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                  It wasn't too strong or too powerful before either, and that's when you asked for a change in the ship and got it. Now it's not too strong or too powerful, and I am pushing for a change.. because it is too weak and too lame. And what the hell do you have against my ultimate suggestion anyway? Why do you like the fact that it cloaks so much? Can't we have a ship whose victims will die when they are at fault and not when some newbie pops up from nowhere and kills them? I don't see why you're being so defensive. And I think I have made plenty of very valid arguements.
                  You're dense.

Comment

Ah, yet another avid pubber gives his input. Look at me everyone, I got banned for being an idiot and said I quit this shit for good and now I am back and I am dystrophy!

edit- and now i hang around a forum of a game I dont play!
                    Last edited by za gophar; 05-22-2003, 08:20 PM.
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>na

Comment

i agree that weasels annoy me a lot, but lemme tell u sumtin. Once i was just basin as usual, when those dang levis started bombing all over, i could hardly spawn or get to the tube (freq didnt have a terr) So i got pissed, put on my old weasel furr and shoved my bullets up those levis' thrusters like u shove ur wee wee up ur bitch's poo poo! man they got so pissed that each one of them became terr and started hunting me, i switched to another ship tho. ahah, that was fun.
                      Hyde:... Government always tries to track people down, screw the U.S. government!
                      Red: Screw the U.S. government?! IF the government decides to stick a tracking device up your ass, you say thank you! God bless America!

Comment

We have established they are not more or less powerful than in the old days.

Advantages:
                        -For attackers:
                        --The ability to create pressure in flag from more than one direction. Even if they die, thats man power being taken off entrance. (But it doesn't need to run outside giving the offender time to escape a la levis)
                        --The ability to take out fr levs very easily.
                        --The ability to take advantage of a roof terr if no lower terr exists

-For Defenders:
                        --Ability to get into lower even if flag is pretty well defended.
                        -- ability to get to roof QUICKLY (for pesky wbs and javs, and of course, levs)

Problems that still exist:
                        -Their attack still comes from nowhere
                        -Can still be used to spawn easily
                        -Overused

The last problem might right itself given time as people get bored of dying so easily. I think what has been done so far is clearly an improvement, BUT it isn't perfect yet. Since I don't have any idea how to fix the remaining problem, I'll hush now.

Comment

agreed with shade. it's not perfect yet, but it's alot closer than it was before the changes.

simple proof? a majority of weasel pilots actually play for the flag now. old weasel pilots rarely did anything besides hunting levs and killing off stray non-x ships.
                          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Just remove the weasel and levi ffs.

-RR

Comment

Take away cloak and keep stealth,
                              Give it bouncing bullet

Could someone do a test arena where the ships could be tested in actual basing? Wb, jav, spid, terr, shark and lanc would remain as they are and then the settings of weasel and levi could be thorougly tested. They would not even be anything like the current, maybe give lancs L3 bullets and make something cool to these ships with altered L2 bullets. Anything, I just wanna get well balanced ships to base with. Can't be that hard to test them at least... Make like 6-9 different types and then just test them in basing. Maybe use something that is not currently being used in TW (brick, bouncing bullet etc.)
                              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                              5: Da1andonly> =((
                              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                              X