• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

captains with usage sounds good =)
    Levs r gay.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
      when someone's a good captain, and the games are exciting, what the fuck is wrong with having the same captains every time? it beats the shit out of one team getting destroyed for 20 mins.
      A side note to crappy games- Games in ?go base should be automatically killed by the bot once a team reaches 80 or 90k to reduce the pain and start a new game.

Comment

Squads like Anti-Scrub need to know how to act when facing an insurmountable lead.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
          Terrs for caps would stuff the whole game up if subs are allowed. Have you even tried to be terr and cap at the same time in?go base?
          But then people didn't used to be idiots and leave half way through the game. It used to work, suppose it wouldn't anymore though.

Comment

I actually talked to Condit about this, and well I had the impression that the main problem is with the captains that have been chosen themselves, not the players.

I would guess that Matchbot does NOT have access to any kind of roster that keeps track of number of games played, but he does have certain powers in the zone. If he is able to check the ?usage on a player, then there should be a ?usage limit enforced...on the captains, not the players.

Usage limits on the captain (but NOT the player) would help with these problems that ?go base games suffer today. But it won't help against people that have already have the ?usage, but not the experience.

I say, the bot should enforce a ?usage limit on captains, and the bot starters be more strict about who they pick.
            Ну вот...

Comment

Captain me and when I am in a happy mood there is a big chance I fuck up your little elite basing game and you wish you were in pub. Mainly SS just depresses me and I will try to get some kind of team.
              Losing isn't all that bad, it improves your allready lacking skill. The harder the game the harder you get.
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I say we should introduce some rules in those arena's.

When I cap, I also choose new players to let them know basing some more. BUT I do have these things on my mind when I pick the new players:

Do they whine alot? Well it's not really bad since I don't read much of the chat anyways.

Do they respect you enough with the ship you put them in?

LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT: DO THEY LEAVE WHEN OUR TEAM IS LOSING? I hate the fact to substitute those guys, while you are playing yourself on crucial moments. Just stick around till the captain has enough time to sub you with some other guy.
                Like yesterday I had dinner before the TWLB match, but was still in a ?go base game. I asked for a sub, but I played till the captain had a substitute for me and subbed me out. It makes you as a player for the team creditable and respectable in all ways.

Try to keep the arena clean please. It's starting to be like the elim arena's with all the whining.

P.S. The "elitists" should be more considerate with the new players and TELL them WHAT THEY DO WRONG AND HOW TO IMPROVE! I tell some of them that now and then. They will feel that they can improve more instead of playing a game without learning anything from that game.
                Last edited by BLeeN; 05-26-2003, 08:14 AM.
                Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

An implied usage for captains is not always the best thing. People could have played SS, not TW for a long time. Others might have played TW for a long time but are still not involved in the basing world. Captains on GAMES PLAYED is still the best way to solve this problem.
                  Last edited by Yojo; 05-26-2003, 08:52 AM.
                  2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
                  9:trashed> LOL YOJ
                  9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
                  9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
                  We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                    A side note to crappy games- Games in ?go base should be automatically killed by the bot once a team reaches 80 or 90k to reduce the pain and start a new game.
                    That makes sense. And it's hella better than wasting time on losing freq while your team gets progessively smaller......
                    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X