Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dev team projects

Dear TW staff members.

In order to keep you posted and up to date, I decided to let you know what is currently going on in the TW Dev zone. Me and my fellow friends from the TW Dev Team (Dezmond, Witness, Dral, Joyrider, Cheese! and others) are currently working on some really major projects. We are currently producing 3-5 maps per week, with some other maps which should also be included into special events/leagues. That's what I would like to talk to you about before going public. And also about some other ideas we have for the future, to first see, if you like them or not, or if you have some own ideas you want us to know.

There is a post in the Trench Wars Forum arena where many have expressed their desires of what maps they would love to see in TW. We made quite a few until now (?go 10base, curling, haxjav (javhax remastered), minigolf, pyramid, egypt, tennis and theone). More are still to come. If you have any ideas what to improve or to make a map of your dreams, just post here, please: http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...deas-Post-here!.

Ok, now onto the main thing I'm writing this post. First of, we talked a bit the other day about also how to make TW more appealing to new and old players. While you have some great ideas, we also came up with some. We are currently working on some sports maps, so it would be great if we could implement them into some sort of leagues (like in the real life). Those include:

- ?go Athletics - a summer olympics map with the main focus on athletics. We all know it, so why not play it? Could be a potential league, where everyone could participate in weekly or every 2weeks events: running (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1000m, 1500m, relay), javelin, long jump, triple jump, hammer throw, shot put, high jump, heptathlon, decathlon etc. Could host those events (before making a bot) like the real life events occur. I.e. if there is a championship in Brussels, why not host it in TW? This could be big.
    This map would also be used to host the olympic games every 2-4 years. Another similar map we were thinking about was ?go London (for the 2012 olympic games).

- ?go nba - I know the HZ has this map, but I will still remake it again due to many TW players wanting to play basketball. Could also make a league out of this: 5vs5, can create many teams (like in HZ), own website, a league throughout the year + WC and other important events every year.

- ?go PGA Tour - I think golf is popular not only in the USA, but in the other parts of the world as well. We have the maps, which are sadly never hosted. Could also make some new maps and locations. But the golf league would be huge, especially the PGA Tour. What you think?

- ?go Curling - This was actually an idea from bandcampgirl. I loved it and made a very addictable map. Me and Dral tested it the other day and played it like 5 hours straight. I would also go as far as to say it is more appealing than hockey atm. A curling league could be added during the winter season (from November to March), while it could be hosted all the time.

- ?go SWC (Ski World Cup) - Skiing is just amazing. I love to watch it year after year. I think people would be amazed at what a small event like this can do. This would also be available during the winter season.

- ?go WRC (World Rally Championship) - Again, we have many Rally maps already in TW, could add some own. The rally is a good racing game, which would also help revive the TW Racing League.

- ?go F1 World Championship - Formula 1 is the queen of all racing events. I'm sure everyone knows of Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel, not to mention Fernando Alonso and Mikka Häkkinen. There are some F1 maps done, could make the list full tho and begin a full F1 season.

- ?go Hockey - I know we have the HZ and host hockey all the time, but we could keep the tradition going and host a world cup every year. Maybe make the tournament and game more appealing by adding in the Divisions (A, B, C), and also invite HZ players to participate. Could be big!

- ?go Tennis - Another map made per a player's request. It is still not fully done, but do you imagine a tennis duel in the Wimbledon finals between Engineers and Sika? Sick! :P

- ?go Soccer - Ok, we didn't forget about the European players. Soccer is the world's most recognized sport and I think many would play it, if it was hosted as a league/event/WC. If the map needs some adjustments, let me know, will fix it. The teams could be up to 11 (or 5 - depending on the players submitted) and could play as own teams or teams from TWD.

-?go WBC - Basing Cup needs revival, and fast. I joined it last year just to hear it was cancelled. I mean, come on guys. This is one of the old things in TW which would really make an impact to the game. Am even willing to help it organize/ref/lead.

- ?go Swimming - Again, a nice summer sports which would easily been done in TW. Could play it as a hosted event or some Cup, even in the olympics. So much potential in this sport, maybe even add a synchronized swimming/pool jumping.

- ?go London 2012 - This is the most recent idea we came up, as the 2012 Olympics in London will be pretty big. Could use the athletics arena as a layout, add some other events in it or host them separatelly. Am really looking forward to this one.

- ?go Ski Jumping - Another winter sport which has a big influence in Europe. Adam Malysz is the king of it - why not try it in TW? Got nothing to lose, guys.

- some other events, which are not in the game yet, but could come out big: ?go Volleyball, Football, Handball, Baseball, Cricket, Rugby, Badminton...if you have any other sport ideas, let me know.

This is roughly what I am proposing to you guys to take a look at. Me and of course some of my friends from the TW Dev Team are prepared to write rules for these events and leagues, make websites, bots, even help run the leagues, referee them and do all that's necessary to make it a success. All I need is your vote and some inspiring words, and we should be good to go - public.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

We even thought about our own events and maps, which TW lacks. Let me state some of them:

-TW definitelly lacks zombies maps. Could map such from the everyday objects/things/humans:
    - ?go Airplane
    - ?go Cellphone
    - ?go Tree
    - ?go Forest
    - ?go Car
    - ?go Dog
    - ?go House
    This list could go on forever, so if you have some ideas, just share them with us. Would love to hear your opinion.

We were also thinking about making more chase2-like maps, so maps with obstacles in it. These kind of maps are very popular amongst the players, so we think they would bring more people into hosted events.

TWCity, TWStreets and other TW related maps are huge and a big hit. Why not remake some of world's greatest cities (i.e. Paris, Tokyo, New York, London) and host a zombies there while humans run through the streets of these cities? Would be a nice addition and a big laugh. Guaranteed!

Maybe even remake maps of famous movies, TV series, cartoons, videogames. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to play a zombies map as Dr. House or kill some zombies in the Half Life arena while running out of City 17? ........ Exactly.

This game also lacks base maps. Me and multipass? just finished creating the all new expanded 10base map (10vs10 basing with a more open approach). Maps like these could really help newer players in bettering their basing skills while also having fun at it.

A human body map - now this is a big one, guys. Make a big body of a human being, insert all of the organs/bones/muscles in it, make some directions and bases and we're ready to go. Aim: the wb's are the viruses and are attacking our body while the spiders are the antibodies/antiviruses. The spids must destroy all the viruses in a given time to clear the body of it's disease, or else it dies!

And last but not least, some major cartoon heroes came to our attention. We have ?go Mario, so why not make others too? ?go Zelda is in the game I think, not sure tho. Why not add ?go Sonic or ?go Spiderman, Batman? The cue of ideas is infinite.

Well, this is it from me and my Dev Team. I appreciate any comment on this matter and await your response about the leagues/events/maps.
    Kind regards,

wiibimbo
    Dev Team/Map Creator
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

And, because I obviously forgot, there is going to be many, many, many hunter games, just for Reab! There. Rabbithunter, Koalahunter, Reabhunter, Souperohunter,...etc etc etc
      Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Allow Rabbithunter, Duckhunter, and Reabhunter where you can hunt my face down. I will give you good pictures for this event. I want it
        Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
        Goddess> Keith
        Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

holy hell thats a lot o text

Originally posted by mtine View Post
          A human body map - now this is a big one, guys. Make a big body of a human being, insert all of the organs/bones/muscles in it, make some directions and bases and we're ready to go. Aim: the wb's are the viruses and are attacking our body while the spiders are the antibodies/antiviruses. The spids must destroy all the viruses in a given time to clear the body of it's disease, or else it dies!
          ?go infection

?go Zelda is in the game I think, not sure tho.
          ?go #guano
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

As I said in the game, ?go infection is good, but we going in another direction.
            Tnx for the Zelda map tho. Appreciate it roxx.
            Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Any other thoughts on these ideas?
              Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

And we're back. But this time we're not going anywhere. Currently me and Dral are working on a very big map, where only the sky is the limit. So it might take some time to finish it.
                Next up we'll start working again on the sports maps + maps requested by TW people. For now, I will tell you this: a huge map is coming to TW with indefinite fun options + some sports maps. But I will update this thread weekly, so you guys know what is going on.
                Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

And we're back. But this time we're not going anywhere. Currently me and Dral are working on a very big map, where only the sky is the limit. So it might take some time to finish it.
                  Next up we'll start working again on the sports maps + maps requested by TW people. For now, I will tell you this: a huge map is coming to TW with indefinite fun options + some sports maps. But I will update this thread weekly, so you guys know what is going on.
                  Are you done mtine?

Comment

No, I'm just starting again. U done getting banned?
                    Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                    X