My wish-list.. hehe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wish-list.. hehe

Here's my personal wish-list for setting changes to TW (compared to the "new & altered" settings).

Levis
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - change max repels to 2, and start with at least one
    - change max rockets to 2, and optionally start with one
    - increase rocket duration/speed to last at least twice of what it does with the "altered" settings
    - increase the "stealthed" recharce speed to at least 1 1/2 of "altered" settings, the "new" recharge is too low
    - add xradar
    - increase ship size to 1 1/2 of "normal" size

The reason for these suggested changes are: The levi relies heavily on its repels when in spawn area. Removing its repels entirely and "compensating" with one time-reduced rocket will not only make its defenses completely worthless, but it will attract even more hunters than before. The one rocket it starts with now could effectively be removed again when reintroducing repels, but should be buyable (up to 2 max). The added xradar will make it less hunted by cloakers (weasel), and the added size will limit its options driving around the map; it cannot "hide" behind the outer asteroid field rocks in most places, and it cannot use all ways into base (ie not the side tubes). If added, the xradar can drain a -minimum- of energy, but preferrably a non-drain one.

Weasel
    - add 1 repel (1 max)
    - add 2 rockets (2 max)
    - add xradar
    - decrease bullet damage by 50%, alternately set to terrier bullets
    - double rocket speed/length
    - decrease energy level by 50%
    - allow a minimal energy recharge while cloaked

The reason for these suggestions are: The weasel is an important ship in several aspects, but also a much hated one for its full cloaking and "laming" capabilities. One of the useful traits of this ship was the ability to use it as a "mine removal" ship - therefore it needs at least one repel. It should also be allowed to have twice the rocket distance it has now, to avoid getting hunted that easily by ex. terriers. Its added xradar will allow it to see other cloakers and kill them. But, to limit this ship from "laming" other fully energized ships, its energy and bullets should be set to half (or whichever equals terrier bullet damage). This enables it to kill other cloakers with one shot, and only other ships which are not fully energized. Finally, as not to completely disable this ships defenses and uses, it should be allowed a minimal energy recharge while fully cloaked. The xradar shouldn't drain energy.

Terrier
    - remove xradar

This will probably be argued by a lot of people that its a really dumb idea, but allowing terriers to roam will xradar permanently on will make it excellent to hunt several other ships, like the weasel and levi.

Javelin
    + add permanent, non-energy-drain xradar

This ship should get the permanent xradar instead of the terrier.

Shark
    - remove xradar completely

This ship should not be allowed to have xradar altogether, to level up the xradars altered on other ships.

nice of you to type all this... but we have already had like 10 threads made concerning the settings...

Comment

That levi of yours is much too powerful. The only thing I really agree strongly with is the size change. It just seems to make sense, especially with the weasel's shrinkage.

And yes, I do think that weasels should have their reps back. I'm saying that despite being a shark pilot. Sharks should not be the only ones with repels, and I think that weasels are the best candidates to have them too. (Ahead of the levi, because the weasel's reps will more likely be used to help other ships instead of just themselves)

Sharks should keep x radar, rather than javs. Sharks have less inherent weasel-hunting weapons than javs do, so they get to see them, but won't have as easy a time to kill them as say a terr or jav with l1 bullets. Yes, they have the bomb, but then, so do javs.

Perhaps as a compromise for your terr, maybe its energy should drain when using x-radar. Terrs rarely use their energy for much else other than to stay alive (assuming that it's not doing the tasks that other ships should be taking care of)

Comment

The weasel should become more basing oriented.
        Would be cool to have a ship that could suprise repel mines in very damaging directions for the enemy. Turning the weasel into a new breed of sharks. There are so many alternatives for firepower in basing, but mining/repping is an equally important aspect of basing, and it only has 1 ship.

Edit: The lev should lose it's L3 bombs
        Edit 2: I removed my weasel spesifications because I don't know enuff about how to convert the weasel into a basing ship. Maybe any of you can help me out
        Last edited by Noah; 05-25-2003, 06:14 PM.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey
          nice of you to type all this... but we have already had like 10 threads made concerning the settings...
          hehe Mobey nice one

***i love ur sig babe
          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
          TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
          Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
          1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
          1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Increase Recharge Rate
            Increase Weasel thrust
            Increase Weasel Rocket Time
            Allow it to Fire two shots in close time. (Like it can in Starcon)
            Keep the small size
            Add 2 reps
            Make Stealth and Cloak being on at the same time drain nrg quickly.
            Give it one mine

Can be used to defend fr with mine and reps
            Can sneak past nme, but just sneak past, not fly around invisible.
            2 shots allow for a quick punch technique.

Makes it a decent basing ship.

For the levi

Make Lv2 EMP bombs
            make it a max of 2 reps which it starts greened with
            give it a burst
            make it faster, but keep rotation low.
            Remove rockets/portals

Can run and fight, emp and burst once, but has trouble turning. A decent Cannon-Like ship.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
            X