No announcement yet.

BRING OLD LEVI BACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new lev is completely useless by itself. yes, levis shouldn't be by themselves in the first place, but it's not like solo levis were as deadly as warbirds either. the slower bomb is as much a strike against the lev as the smaller blast radius and weakened damage.

as for LTs, again, lev is basically useless without the bomb upgrade. I have only seen a few people actually using an LT anymore.

and whose idea was it to reduce the lev's fire from two to ONE? from four to THREE now? it cripples the lev even further than the bomb by itself. now it can't defend itself well in close range either. and it feels like the bullets are slower than they used to be, but that may just be me.

there are only a few people willing to drop $2000 spacebux a pop to use the upgraded bomb.

So for long range we have a weakened bomb, for short range we have reduced bullets.

congrats, staff. you have effectively killed the usage of a fun ship.

bring the old one back.

Comment

put the old levi back into the un-lev-restricted pub now i shouldnt even have to post this
      5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
      5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
      5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
      5:Melanoma> aight cool
      5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
      5:Oops> what?
      5:Melanoma> ye
      5:Oops> you serious?
      5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
      5:Melanoma> fu
      5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
      5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

As a straight lev player, i'm laughing at this thread.... old lev is never coming back. PERIOD

Although i have pitched staff ideas to help it out.

Comment

I figure i will add my voice to this thread since myself and friends do most of the LT'ing in pub.

Firstly, the instability in the !buy system is hurting the game. One day its $30 for a fullcharge, the next day its $1000.. Ultimately, the system is now non-functional since it would take about 5 hours of farming round wins just to buy something like one 10 second nuke base. Therefore this needs serious fixing (and i suspect it will be fixed).

Some ideas to improve the !buy system is to put longer cooldowns on things like nukebase and maybe 1.5x or 2.0x price increases (fullcharge $30 to $80 lets say not $30 to $1000).

The removal of thors, superlev and other things are a bad idea, they werent a problem and actually helped the game to be more fun imo.

This "levs are evil" saga has been going on for years and years and levs have been restricted or tweaked 100 times over, but they always return in some form and will again, because its a part of the game. Some people like hunting them, some like playing them and some hate them with a passion, but taking them away or making them unplayable just wastes time.

Truthfully, the only thing the 50x increases in !buy costs and complete destruction of LT's has done is made pubs more bland, boring and plain. I didnt personally enjoy getting baseblasted 10x over by some people but it made things far less boring and plain, much like LT's do.

Anyway, my suggestion is to impose real solutions with some thought involved. Immediate suggestions would be to restore everything the way it was as of last friday, with one exception, raise all !buy item costs double or 2.5x to make them less "spammable".

As for LT solutions theres a million venues you can choose.

1) strict "pure pub" schedule like 1-3pm and 6-8pm every day lets say.
          2) remove EMP and restore old lev bomb speed and radius without stun (it would mean less damage for levs but i could live with no EMP).
          3) make attaching bounty 40 instead of 20 to make it harder to "green".. just random thought it would increase time between LT regreen..
          4) limit superlev purchases to 2 per hour.. idk might work.

granted implementing all of these would be far too restrictive, but just saying that there could be real solutions to improve some peoples concerns about LT's but incorporating some easy fixes not complete removal of LT's altogether.. gl
          Last edited by BooBiesYaY; 01-09-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Um boobies? that system was for the purepub weekend. I already asked staff about it and they said it would be changed later today.

Comment

bring the old levi back it actually too ksoem skill to be a beast with the old levi without a terr

Comment

If they bring old lev back, people will be begging to have me banned.... its not going to happen no matter how much you beg for it.

Comment

lmfao maverick get over urself ur not good, used to rape u in terr back in t3g 8 years ago u done?

Comment

lmao you wish you did...

Comment

then: omg i hate old lev it sucks lets have purepub instead
                      now: omg i hate new lev it sucks bring back old lev
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

IKR?

Comment

only pussies complained about old lev. new lev is fucking retarded it has no use whatsoever

Comment

Bring back Nightwasp!

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I missed out on the days of the nightwasp... but i know it was utterly retarded lol

Comment

Make 2 pubs
                                1 pure pub
                                1 pub with old levi
                                Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Working...
                                X