TW Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Advertising

I've been looking into different techniques of advertising for quite a while now, trying to determine the best approach. Kthx had some wonderful ideas that I think I'll pursue as well.

I signed TW up for an Adword account and thanks to a player got a $100 free credit (to try out adwords). From what I can tell, it just isn't worth it to spend our money here (it's sooooo expensive).

Obviously we'll spend the $100 coupon after placing some ads out there. What do you guys think?

Here's google's Traffic Estimator Tool, see if you guys can come up w/ some good keywords that will get some hits.

I just wanted to get your feedback and let you know where we stand on this. I know Fork has been foaming at the mouth for us to spend that $30 he donated.

I'll keep you guys updated as I spend even more time finding the best ways to go about this. I welcome your feedback.

Anyone with online advertising experience is welcome to assist.

Originally posted by kthx View Post
    Anyways my idea is to sponsor an up and coming flash game developer into putting an advertisement for continuum in his/her game that gets close to a million hits. The prizes they offer on kong and armor for having the game of the week/month are around 500-1500 (for a week/month of being the #1/2 game) and I think thats relatively cheap considering that between 100,000-500,000 people would probably be seeing our advertisement. All we would need is a 5 second flash based advertisement for the game which should get the main points across (free game, small download, no premium content, skill based, etc.). Depending on what game designer we went with we could probably spend around 500-700 dollars for this so it wouldn't take the entire advertising budget and we would be hitting a group of players who are interested in 1. free games 2. games that don't take forever to download 3. games you can play for 30 minutes here or there without any negative repercussions.
    Last edited by Twenty Four; 08-29-2011, 05:43 PM.
    Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Any update with this:
    http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...l=1#post808452

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I get some nice result with "free multiplayer game", not sure if we should narrow our keywords or not.
      TW Bot Developer
      TW Web Developer
      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
      Friends> It's like death

Comment

real talk!

adwords isn't really worth shit until we have the tw.org refresh up and running. why generate a bunch of traffic to an outdated site that is going to be revamped soon? (at least i'm under the impression a refresh is impending.)

that's assuming the new site will be properly coded taking seo into consideration.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Imo; Whatever ur going to do, u need to make the people see/feel the game in a way we're seeing/feeling it.
          The community, the in game possibilities, the statistics, the rivalry, etc.
          Otherwise it simply looks boring, no1 would bother downloading it. And the money spent is wasted.

Comment

y u stealin our money
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

i think you should throw kz a pizza party

with strippers

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
                Imo; Whatever ur going to do, u need to make the people see/feel the game in a way we're seeing/feeling it.
                The community, the in game possibilities, the statistics, the rivalry, etc.
                Otherwise it simply looks boring, no1 would bother downloading it. And the money spent is wasted.
                A lot easier said than done. If you have something a bit more specific, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  real talk!

adwords isn't really worth shit until we have the tw.org refresh up and running. why generate a bunch of traffic to an outdated site that is going to be revamped soon? (at least i'm under the impression a refresh is impending.)

that's assuming the new site will be properly coded taking seo into consideration.
                  I personally agree with you Jason, but I wanted to at least get some traffic generated our way. This coupon only last until September 15th (according to the player who donated it), so it needs to be spent now and it isn't costing the TW players any money.

At the very least we can familiarize ourselves with the process so that we can optimize the performance when it really matters.

Thanks for the input o/

Comment

don't get me wrong.

adwords can work for you but honestly those coupons are just to hook you. they run out before the ad campaign really starts to build enough momentum and then they slip in a sly, "well look it was starting to work so why don't you spend a few hundred dollars and keep the ball rolling?"
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

lets just party with my friends Wiz Khalifah, Birdman, Rickross

we be hitting the clubs and throw mad money at hookers

Comment

post something really hip and nerdy on reddit like "TIL about one of the oldest MMOGs, subspace, which still maintains an active user-maintained activity, including a developer for KaZaA & Skype who reverse engineered a new client"

maybe even try a new direction like "new to coding/programming? we have just the community for you" and then make them dezmond's slaves
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                        X