Subspace tips/quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subspace tips/quirks

Ctrl+Backspace deletes the whole line of text instead of just one letter at a time.

I thought everyone knew that, but turns out a bunch don't! What else is out there?

While speccing one person, tick another and hit f4 to have the camera in the middle when they are close enough. A surprising number of people don't know that
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

nockm, you'd be surprised how many people don't know the simplest things like the one you or paul suggested or even the ?alarm command to disable private message beeps.

people just dont know shit about this game it seems, or at least the majority of the people that play this shit.

Comment

Ah yes the f4 spec trick. I think it was stabwound who told it to freq chat in some TWLJ game years back, and everyone was flipping out.

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        nockm, you'd be surprised how many people don't know the simplest things like the one you or paul suggested or even the ?alarm command to disable private message beeps.

people just dont know shit about this game it seems, or at least the majority of the people that play this shit.
        you really need to take it easy man.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

I played this game since '03 but i found out in '10 that it was possible to turn that starry background and thrust etc off and to make radar transparent.

Comment

Mostly for sharks in bd's, but if you want an easier way to find out how much shrap you have, view > options > weapons gauge: Text.

In your profile, the "Auto" column lets you put commands that will be written out when you enter the game. Separate each command with a "\"
            ie: ?obscene\?chat\:TWDHub:!games\:Messagebot:!read
            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

you can type "?ignore fermata" to keep sexual deviants from talking to you

Comment

Keep a macro ready for menomena when he !blueout's and talks about smanging you
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

PRESS CTRL TO BULLET
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

lot of people don't know that infrared is actually in flared
                    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Want to know how to dodge bullets like a pro?

!buy mobile broadband
                      PING Current:420 ms Average:420 ms Low:410 ms High:720 ms S2C: 0.0% C2S: 0.0%
                      ez

Comment

I didn't find out until less than a year ago that F5 follows the ball in a ballgame or hockey game.

Comment

i uncheck the whole left column in options -> graphics
                          Gun remembers.

Comment

if you find an arena that lets you go fast enough you can fly through walls (used to get through the asteroid belt in ?go super this way using terr + rockets). If you're lucky, the game loop isn't quick enough to detect a collision occurred.

in ?go ufc you can still assign rep to something other to ctrl+shift to be able to fire bullets while thrusting

i guess everyone knows about thrustsliding nowadays (see racka, mythril, etc)

clipboard commands work in-game. i find myself typing a line, hitting ctrl+c (copies entire line of text), ctrl+backspace, (type something else), then ctrl+v to get back to the other thing I was typing

i guess everyone also knows about the close-bomb in jav nowadays too.

it's also possible to hack your res to 1440x1024 in windowed mode to get the max possible resolution in twd/twl (though I have no use for this nowadays because neither of my monitors look good at that res windowed)

you can change your explosion and ship graphics to prevent bombs from being hidden behind them (really sucks when you don't hear or see the shark fire or someone fires through an explosion in svs and you can't react).

you can mess with colors.bm2 to change basically all the colors in the game (and the ones that are long bars are actually animated so you can give yourself an epileptic seizure if you're feeling adventurous)

lots of people replace asteroids with squares so they can see the sprite borders better (some even outline their ships)

if you type :: it brings up the last person who pm'd you. if you keep hitting : it cycles through a list of people who have pm'ed you recently.

if you type %1 it plays a sound. if you type %%1 it comes up in chat as %1. this works with things like %coord too.

there used to be a way to send .wav files through ss, but i can't really remember what the command was

if you're the paranoid type you can use the Auto: section in your login profile to automatically open a chat log session whenever you start a game.

I'm sure there's more it's just been too damn long
                            Last edited by Tres; 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: showing others how to exploit zone bots/ bugs is prohibited
                            -Dave

Comment

TW has more custom bongs, such as %30, %31 etc.

Are %sounds in public chat actually played on other computers? or does noone play with sound anymore? Either way I use %12 at least once a day and noone has ever said anything about it
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X