Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trench Wars Website Design

http://www.trenchwars.org/SSBR/TrenchWarsDesign.png

(click the hyperlink to see it full size - Might have to click the + afterwards)

It's finally here; let's hear your thoughts!

We still have a long ways to go, but I wanted everyone to see what we are working with and let you know we are moving forward.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

pretty nice man

-i think the header's too big.
    -also the page itself seems kinda...slim? but im assuming a real webpage would auto-scale to the width of the browser etc
    -best part of the old website was the stats, where you could look up player names, squads ?go base stats, pub stats, then misc. stats like usage etc
    -maybe some more TWD stats than the ladder.... current games or something.

i like the style.... it's clean with those ragged edges and stuff.... kinda disheveled like the old brown/green tw website (if that makes sense)

also if you use the word "infotain" on the actual website im going to personally see to it that you die irl
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

should say Sweet at the top

c-
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It looks fresh.

Comment

my room with viewing new web page:

Comment

They are finally doing something on the site with the donations? That took really long before the money got spent...
            But then I dont think there is anything wrong with the current sites. It's the game graphics that wont get us more players, accept it, and ofcourse the attitude of our players towards newbs. U will sure stay in a game if u see these terrible graphics and people hating on each other the whole time. New people can't join a 'group'. They are all on their own.
            Major Crisis

Comment

Thanks for the update.
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                Thanks for the update.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                  They are finally doing something on the site with the donations? That took really long before the money got spent...
                  But then I dont think there is anything wrong with the current sites. It's the game graphics that wont get us more players, accept it, and ofcourse the attitude of our players towards newbs. U will sure stay in a game if u see these terrible graphics and people hating on each other the whole time. New people can't join a 'group'. They are all on their own.
                  +1 million... Most of the Donation money MUST to be spent on improving how this game looks/ graphics + improving pub map... You can spend $1000's on advertising but it is useless if new players are just gonna leave str8 away on the basis of appearance. (You get 90% more people to turn up but only 1% stay- almost pointless). Once the game looks its best- new players will naturally stay... and advertising will work then this will happen: 90% people turn up to this game + 30% stay <-- success.

People (90% old players) are only playing this game because of the amazing game play (high level of competition involved/teamwork and mainly that it takes real skill to control these ships and be good-almost like a sport). Nothing really to do with appearance in my opinion. For a new player to get addicted to this game: they have to overcome the barrier that the graphics + appearance of pub looks like shit...(my arse looks better than pub)- lets put an end to this and make this game look like a decent game if its possible.
                  Last edited by Fork; 12-24-2011, 03:20 PM.
                  1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

it would look better if the background looked like the header background on the whole page
                    much better than that horrid grey
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Agreed with jerome, the header is too big. Slim it down to half size. You can also make it a little wider. Not sure what that is but most computers the min res now is 1024, so stick with that.
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Okay here's my thoughts about that:
                        - First off, I like that finally we got a result to see - thumbs up for that.

In general, the used graphics look nice and eye catching. Also the header is some sort of "overkill" eyecatcher, could be shortened a little.
                        I think it needs more "Trench Wars" though. It lacks "Trench Wars"... The old site was recognizeable from many others, since it had that "Trench Wars" stuff. The organge header I mean... if you know what I'm talking about. I know, we want to get something new, yes.. but something more recognizeable would be great. Therefore... I don't really like the "light blue" blank backgound. Light blue or grey just doesn't fit a spaceship game. Could make it black or make it some sort of the violet thing which is used in the header.
                        Prolly more to come, just can't think of anything else right now.

Comment

condense the top, and lose that shitty water brush shit that's everywhere. other than that, i guess it's ok.

Comment

the header and ship descriptions can stay as they are perfectly fine, and a different header can be displayed upon login
                            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                              +1 million... Most of the Donation money MUST to be spent on improving how this game looks/ graphics + improving pub map... You can spend $1000's on advertising but it is useless if new players are just gonna leave str8 away on the basis of appearance. (You get 90% more people to turn up but only 1% stay- almost pointless). Once the game looks its best- new players will naturally stay... and advertising will work then this will happen: 90% people turn up to this game + 30% stay <-- success.

People (90% old players) are only playing this game because of the amazing game play (high level of competition involved/teamwork and mainly that it takes real skill to control these ships and be good-almost like a sport). Nothing really to do with appearance in my opinion. For a new player to get addicted to this game: they have to overcome the barrier that the graphics + appearance of pub looks like shit...(my arse looks better than pub)- lets put an end to this and make this game look like a decent game if its possible.
                              lol, where did you come up with those statistics? Our main target audience is towards people who don't care much about the graphics but more towards the game play and community atmosphere.

With our current website, we have a .006 download rate. That's 6 people that download for every 1000 new people that visit our site. My goal at this point is to increase that download rate, and then subsequently increase the number of people that visit the site.

Getting a player to actually DOWNLOAD the game is 75% of the battle. The rest is up to the community and how they choose to treat newcomers. Staff has implemented several measures to identify a new player and have an actual person (<ZH>) greet them as soon as they enter the zone (first saying hello, detailing the game, explaining the concept and answering questions).

Now that they’ve downloaded that game, it might be a few weeks from now, but they’ll be bored one day and see that little Continuum icon on their desktop…It’s only a matter of time before they open it up once again to see what we are all about.

It shouldn't require any donation money to upgrade ships/graphics or to improve pub. We have several developers who donate their time and effort towards this initiative already. There also have been several updates to pub (pub money system) that for many make the game more appealing and fun.

What will keep players here is having a friend on here. Think back as to why you stayed? Even when you started, there were games with much better graphics. I had a friend introduce me to this game and played with me online, which made it much more fun.

If we can’t have players introduce friends, then how about current players make friends with new players to entice them to come back?

Getting a new player on a chat or on a pub squad would make a world of difference in getting them to come back.

Anyways, just my thoughts,

Last edited by Twenty Four; 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM.
                              Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Working...
                              X