Disconnection after spawned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnection after spawned

I was trying to chat with a new player, he clearly got my messages but was still wondering how to respond. i spec him, see him not moving and getting spawned few times and BAM disconnected. he didnt come back.
    Why exactly does zone disconnect players if they get spawned few times? i see no sense in it. Can someone change it/explain the reason to me please.

i asked this question via ?help in-game because i was genuinely curious as well.

schope had some insightful things to say on the matter:

(SCHOPE <ER>)>Hey i think thats to prevent people to stay afk and being killed
    (SCHOPE <ER>)>or someone to get kills of an afker
    (SCHOPE <ER>)>or to prevent that someone multi-client it to get kills

all are valid reasons (especially the last one) as to why the server settings are set to dc after a certain number of spawns.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Just send them to spec instead

Comment

Schope is gr8 mod.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by menomena View Post
          this is what new server platforms do
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by menomena View Post
            Remember mrarrogant2 ? It was made to kick inactive/away people (mainly because of bandwitch i think).
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

there used to be a player limit in pub...so maybe 2 get rid of the afks

but then again even in .?go afk you can d/c people if they arent in spec $
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

how about raising the # of deaths a bit? this poor fellow started to read my messages but it was (likely) killothon going, everyone spawning like crazy and he literally got dc'd in 30 seconds.

Comment

Would it be possible to allow names that kick off the newb alerts to not have this 7-kill then DC thing happen to them for like the first hour of their ?usage or something? Also, the straight to Spec idea is quite good as well. I understand why we have the limit, but it is far from noob-friendly.

I remember being highly annoyed by that when I first started playing, but I at least came back after the first time it happened and asked "wtf just happened". Some people will log back in, many probably don't. I ran into this problem when I was ZHing helping noobs too, Steep. There weren't many true noobs, but many of the ones that were real would get DC'd and then I never saw them again.
                  Fuck it.

Comment

takes 5 kills to d/c
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Cres commenting on something that doesn't matter to the point of the conversation, i.e trolling? Shocking....absolutely SHOCKING I say!! (I'm trolling too! ALSO shocking! :P)

Anyway 5 kills 7 kills - whatever, the point is it probably should be changed in some fashion that keeps newbs from getting kicked and not coming back while also keeping the "spirit" of the policy intact because of past abuses.
                      Last edited by vaped; 03-28-2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: wanted to mention MY trolling for fun ^.^
                      Fuck it.

Comment

?? relax...thought it might be useful for ppl to know

Comment

Meh you're right ... I apologize! lol

Was still fired up at the Jehovahs witness that was in my store who was trying to preach to me still when I read your post and replied.
                          Fuck it.

Comment

maybe you should move this thread to trash talk now

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              maybe you should move this thread to trash talk now
                              lol no not quite yet! ^.^
                              Fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                              X