No announcement yet.

TOTAL NOOBS GUIDE, Zeus addition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was playing in pub today with Troll King, he was playing shark, pretty nifty..heh.. It is sure a sight to watch sharks do their stuff. The best thing I like about shark is how you can control the intertia of the EMP Bomb and all the neat patterns you can do with them. They are awesome for all us fighter ships when we storm the base, giving us an umbrella of opportunity.

And yes I have experimented with sharks, and have a good idea what they can do. Come on you don't think I'm that stupid, just because I made a mistake (like 1 month ago) and explained in detail how I did the mistake.

It is good to see the guys posting in the forum, actually goto pubs it does improve gameplay.

As for shark beating a warbird in open space; its like a dull knife that can't cut paper, utter humilation.... but it happens to us all...
    I sometimes like to chase a shark to base, using all their repels up, its just funny to watch it run from you. And the sound fx sound hilirious when they lay their mines....

One thing that really bugs me about this game, is that when you know you were owned fairly, you press F7 (attach). That is way worst than levy's...heh.. very cheap.... and some people do this all the time so they never get killed. I don't care who you are, but I don't respect players like this. I respect players you put their butt on the line to either defend or capture the base.

When I'm talking about basing, I don't have (league or division) basing in mind... aren't we only talking about pub basing? Hopefully, in near future I'll give TWDD Basing a shot, better perk up my newb spider skills.

I proved a theory and experimented... WBs can kick ass in lower base and harass assaulters. Some people think spiders are so awesome, but if not properly used they suck bigtime. But so many WB pilots fall for the 1 shot spider bullet... WB takes their lousy aimed shot, misses, and single spider bullet kills..... I will never fire on a spider unless I'm confident, hence I can fly right thru them..heh...

What I'm really saying is... Who made the TERRIER the leader ship? To me its the carrier, a bridge for slow ships to get to flag room quickyl (like spiders/lancs/javs)

When a terrier pilot says ATTACH defend flag room?? hmm, no I rather fly with my almost fast WB and attack assaulters from their rear in lower base, much more fun sitting in a flag room shooting suicidal rushers. So in this way you have closed space dueling in lower base.... right on dueling and basing at same time...heh..
    I love both, not 1 or the other. Besides, WBs shouldn't take up precious terrier attach slots, give those to the ships that most need it.

Then you have the flying orange turkies trying to assault the flag room without adequate defenders.... ala wb goes into take turkey shoot mode...most fun..heh.. but my respects goto the real good Jav pilots who can kill warbirds.

I'm not saying Warbirds rule, but again re-stating that it is how the pilot uses the ship. Some Jav pilots get overconfident and waste their time trying to duel a WB, come on... goto base and blow up the crammers (especially the layed back powermonger levys..heh) in the flagroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherubim
      an umbrella of opportunity.

It is good to see the guys posting in the forum, actually goto pubs it does improve gameplay.

but it happens to us all...

One thing that really bugs me about this game, is that when you know you were owned fairly, you press F7 (attach).

When a terrier pilot says ATTACH defend flag room?? hmm, no I rather fly with my almost fast WB and attack assaulters from their rear in lower base, much more fun sitting in a flag room shooting suicidal rushers.
      an umbrella of opportunity, quite a good phrase! I'm gonna use it:

Phrenitis> Jav, shoot the cram, while sharks go in and give the spiders AN UMBRELLA OF OPPORTUNITY!

These guys do play, but pubbing isn't that popular among forum users

Seriously, it doesn't, the wb must be really unexperienced to not run away from a shark

Attaching is the key to the game

If you watch the best basebirds (Like Divine Rides) they are doing exactly that, of course they wait a bit when killing the terr so their team can milk the terr reeal baad
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
        The Leviatahn should be limited to people over 3k hours.
        Umm.. Maybe it is just me but does that sound like a bad idea? It would take over 8 years to get that usage by playing 1 h/day. Now that means everyone who has more than that has either played for 2 h/day every day for 4 years or have been idling (thus using bandwidth and increasing lag).

Now how is a player who has played for 1000 h better than suitable to play the lev than one who has played 1000 h and idled in ?go afk or somewhere for 2000 h?
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Thanks Miku.... When I was watching the shark do its repel near flagroom entrance...and spiders go rushing in... it looked like an umbrella..heh..

Ohya, some other things I thought up..heh...for pubs...

Spiders = Automated Dodge practice machines for WBs...heh
          Leviathans = Automated Aim practice machines for WBs

Why do you all hate leviathans so much? I like them, they are great for beginner target practice. I have no problem with leviathans, and think they should get 2 repels.

Levi 3k limit? That doesn't make sense, I started TW about 3months ago and I have 441 hours.... I play almost everyday and many hours/day.... It would take me about roughly 1.5 years to get to use a leviathan in a public arena.

I may have got #1 Top Pub Pilot, but my win/loss ration was like 1.25.... of course more wins than loses..heh.. but I wana do better than that. What I really want to improve my performance in WB dueling in Divisions... I should practice more in Elim...

Public arenas are used for warm up and practice by sem-elites... and newberts go in there to try out the zone and learn about the game.

I have only done WB Dueling in divisions, no basing yet.... but hopefully soon if we can organize our squad better.

BTW, I have decided to stick with my old name... WiseCherub, since most people know me by that name.

later all... and remember to have fun

Comment

Working...
          X