No announcement yet.

Suggestions for TW pub improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just telling my ideas because I saw that pub gameplay has been modified lately.

I like to waste my points by buying decoys. That's why I don't think they should be totally removed.

If you limited the amounts of wb/jav/levi/terr/weasel/lanc/shark the pub would turn into a different place with teamwork instead of just a bunch of warbirds and levis.

I don't really mind about getting spawned. I'd like to see more spawn area people discover the flagroom though. Maybe the dueling people could have their own box in pubs.
    Originally posted by Diakka
    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

I agree with all zerz has to say, I strongly support the idea of the lev bomb being weakened
      Last edited by glacier; 06-12-2003, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
        I was just telling my ideas because I saw that pub gameplay has been modified lately.

I like to waste my points by buying decoys. That's why I don't think they should be totally removed.

If you limited the amounts of wb/jav/levi/terr/weasel/lanc/shark the pub would turn into a different place with teamwork instead of just a bunch of warbirds and levis.

I don't really mind about getting spawned. I'd like to see more spawn area people discover the flagroom though. Maybe the dueling people could have their own box in pubs.
        Indeed it is good to see that upperstaff doesn't look at the settings as perfect yet.
        Thinking about saves I totally forgot about the fact that we use it as our local shop-n-go. So maybe we could remove saves and make a tiny-one-tile cornershop where you can sit at to buy your stuff. But if you make the timer to short you get disconnected before you get the chance to get robbed from your groceries.

Make people discover flagroom is done by encouraging them to get their by free will. Explain/show them what it is about. And rewarding them for it (As your point 6).
        And then pray that Fredzz isn't around with his levterriers to blow them back to spawn.
        You can draw the duelists attention by designing something suitable under the spawnradius, so they make their way down there instead of hanging around on spawn.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

So what about implementing the Anti-spawning technology found in ?go spaceship in the pubs for one weekend and see how it works out. If people can't get their kills in the spawn area, they might go to base instead.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

only problem with anti spawn tech is that it would facilitate levis in getting into the safes, so it would have to be a pure basing weekend i think.
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

no way to gettin rid of decoys...they are a LT's best friend > lovely way of gettin ez kills! And keep prive freqs! wtf this game is the greatest because its not totally organized, its freeform. You can choose to spawn and lame below base, base hardcore, roof lame <my fav> ,LT<Ultra fav>, duel, cloak the list goes on! Belive me the free flowin fun of this game attracts alot of folks, i know it did for me----------BTW CHANGE THA LEV back to th e way it was reps! and could carry 3 rockets. grrr

see ya on the battlefield(or in spawn)
              sigpic

Comment

Hmm... You know how when you first enter the zone, the screen focuses on the rules (I use the term loosely, as I feel people don't pay attention to what they say) before entering your ship or speccing the first active ship (if you enter in spec mode)? What about having it start out with the screen centred on the flag?

It's a minor tweak, but it does send a bit of a message.

Comment

that's a pretty good idea...the new people will go "look at the pretty shiny thingy....I want it!"

Comment

Re: Re: Suggestions for TW pub improvements

Originally posted by Zerzera
                    Dear Eeks, first of all I want to say that if we want a guiding atmosphere in publics we have to play there and explain people that are new to the game what to do. If you only want those people to get to base so you got still something to do in two years you set wrong goals to my opinion. You only need to put effort in adjusting an enviroment if it is your enviroment.
                    And despite what Fredzz said I still believe that dominating a flag with a small group of so called 'elite players' has more influence than discouraging people with his levterriers.
                    I think the best way is to priv with the newer players to allow them to feel the satisfaction of getting a base.

Comment

To prevent spawning, why not do like in some game (especially shooters) and make the re-spawning ship invulnerable for a few seconds (2-3), it couldn't shoot but could not be shot either

Comment

Originally posted by x.X.x
                        To prevent spawning, why not do like in some game (especially shooters) and make the re-spawning ship invulnerable for a few seconds (2-3), it couldn't shoot but could not be shot either
                        It could fly very close to an enemy (because they would be in godmode for 3 secs) and then when they can shoot again they shoot. Wouldn't help.
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

At least it would provide a bit more of a chance than currrently.

Comment

No need to prevent spawning. Maybe there could be an arena entry message in pub saying "capture the flag to win" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              It could fly very close to an enemy (because they would be in godmode for 3 secs) and then when they can shoot again they shoot. Wouldn't help.

Not if the re-spawning ship's energy was too low to shoot when the "godmode" finishes.

In other words, after you re-spawn you would have low energy and your energy bar would only start to refill after you're out of "godmode".

So the startegy after a re-spawn would be to get away from other ships while you recover but you would be safe while doing so... for 3 seconds at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X