Advertising Ideas and Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Ideas and Suggestions

I would like to hear your ideas on advertising TrenchWars, in efforts to bring the population up. Constructive criticism is also welcome. Anything from ad spaces on gaming sites, to face painting at carnivals. I want to hear it all.

balloon art subspace: pterodactyl please (terrier)
    interpretative dancing: dressed as spaceships
    streak onto fields during your favorite sporting events: hold signs.
    become a stripper: get a tattoo of a lancaster dueling a weasel
    kill peoples dogs: advertise in blood
    kidnap children: ransom them until the parents agree to download continuum

the options are virtually endless

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

steam

I was going to write out a long post like I usually do but fuck it

the game is dead because nobody downloads it anymore, and steam is basically the only way to attract players that would actually want to play the game

create a new client, hack the old one, make human sacrifices and drink the blood of virgins to awaken priitk, whatever

just get on steam somehow
      Last edited by MegamanEXE; 09-15-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        the options are virtually endless
        Oh I get it, because we're in space

Demonic or someone was talking about steam idea before, he/she said it wasn't going to work because steam gains nothing.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

This steam idea is brought up regularly. The client is too outdated to put onto steam, and we do not own the source code to be able to do it. There is no way around this right now.
          Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

We could look into talking to highly viewed streamers on the internet to possibly have them try the game out and stream it as they do. Sites such as twitch.tv and theres one called.. insomniacgamers i think. Someone with a thousand viewers or so on one of these streamers could possibly bring maybe 50-100 new players. Anything is better than nothing.
            5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
            5:beam> this show incredibly racist
            5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
            5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

But nothing has been working so well for the last four years.

But that website has been almost done and two weeks out for 2 years, so thats a plus.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Does priitk refuse to do anything about this or have we just not tried contacting him? Give me his fukin address and/or phone number. Tell him his game is dying and all he needs to do is pop his head in here and relinquish his powers to someone. fuksake
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  Does priitk refuse to do anything about this or have we just not tried contacting him? Give me his fukin address and/or phone number. Tell him his game is dying and all he needs to do is pop his head in here and relinquish his powers to someone. fuksake
                  that is a splendid idea! why don't you ask him to stop paying for the server the zone is hosted on while you're at it?
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                    Polix said he contacted him but he was probably just ignored.

http://www.subspace.co/topic/26597-s...t/#entry283915

Comment

Polix and others, including myself, have tried to contact PriitK about it, and about updating the client or giving us the power to do it ourselves, without any luck. Steam is not an option right now and I don't see that changing any time soon, so we need to look for other opportunities. I appreciate everyone's input about this.
                      Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                      24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                      1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        that is a splendid idea! why don't you ask him to stop paying for the server the zone is hosted on while you're at it?
                        How much are we talking?

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                          so we need to look for other opportunities
                          Are there any?

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Steam is the only way for this game to get sufficient new players. Please don't piss away the donations on other things that aren't going to work - if we need to throw money at steam integration one day - we'll likely need the entire donation bank to do it.

Comment

the only way you will likely get that done is to buy the source code
                              Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X