Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff abuse of "holiday cheer"

Hello TW staff,

I rarely complain about things and understand you guys put in tons of hard work into making this zone a fun place for people. Thank you for your time and hard work putting leagues, hosting games, and helping newbs around the zone.

However the latest round of "holiday cheer" has gone too far. Seeing smods and other staff make names purposely to troll other players under the guise of "spreading holiday cheer" is retarded. While I'm in no position to tell people what they can or cannot do, I urge staff to reconsider this new policy of being able to name yourself whatever you want.

Based on a convesation with Left_Eye, I was informed that staff is allowed to change their names to whatever they want. I have a few objections that I've listed below and hope you guys reconsider:

- creates a sense of "fake" staff due to names people don't know about
    - reduces the ability for players to look for staff online and ping them directly for help
    - names on websites (trench wars, twd page, etc.) do not match with actual staff names in the zone
    - degrades the professionalism of staff due
    - sets a horrible example for the TW community by showing how smods are okay with making names like "pee pee stocking", not only purposely making fun of players like pee pee sock, but also using vulgar and inappropriate names designated as a real staffer

With that said hope you guys reconsider this disasterous policy. That is all.

Happy holidays,
    Creature

they dont even tell everyone else who these names on, they have to tell others or figure it out yourself. Its stupid, that should be public knowledge IMO
    Former TW Staff

Comment

its a staff tradition and no not even staffers know all the aliases
      5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
      1:Cig <er>> ROFL
      1:fiS> LOL
      1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

That's what happens when you have trolls who are actually in the TW staff. They come up with policies like this, and take it way too far. Tradition or not, it's what you do and say while using the alias that matters. If you give trolls the opportunity to abuse, they will. TBH I'm surprised you haven't recruited Falconeer yet.

Comment

Creature makes a good argument.

Not sure if it's really the end of the world as we know it, though.

Comment

I will go ahead and discuss this with the rest of upperstaff, and set some clear bounderies as to what is allowed and not allowed when it comes to spreading the holiday cheer in a positive way by having a staff christmas name. I guess most of us didn't realise there could be a negative side to this as well, but it shouldn't be a big problem to solve this
            We will never release mod names for an obvious reason, nor their christmas aliases, but we could have the ZHs and ERs listed for those who would like it, so they know who to contact with questions, how to host, etc. Besides that, we will always have around half of our staff still on their main nicknames doing their staff duties, that includes the deans of staff (Poid and Belgerath) and myself. And we will communicate this to the public as well, so they know Christmas staff is around, and why they can see 'unfamiliar' staff names during this month.
            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

OKay, so heres list of <ZH>'s and <ER>'s holiday names..
              <ER>'s:
              Candy Kane <ER> = K A N E <ER>
              Head Elf <ER> = Children <ER>
              Christmas Tree <ER> = Davie <ER>

<ZH>'s:
              Ho ho ho <ZH> = Olga <ZH>
              Scrooge <ZH> = Owl <ZH>
              Vixen <ZH> = Nurse <ZH>
              North Star <ZH> = Star Fox <ZH>
              Rudolph <ZH> = Tmac <ZH>
              Weedle> if you sacrifice a cat or a small dog belg usually shows up within 15-20 min

Comment

Was that so hard?
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

creature u r the most supidest moronest idiotest person i ever seen and i would very much like to meet u irl. u dirty blonde haired girly lookin muther fukin euro, fuk u, who the fuk r u
                  im the best wb in tw.

Comment

Only problem I see is "cant find the staff because of their new usernames". But they are still names that have <ZH> and <ER> attached.

Other than that, I think the positiveness that comes with people making these usernames and being all jolly and the unifying effect that has on the zone is a +. I think a friend-like relation is better for staff w/ people than a strict robot-like one and I feel this "holiday cheer" promotes a more friendlier relation. If I was new I would feel more comfortable talking to "Rudolph <ZH>"
                    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X