Suggestion Box - Public Team Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion Box - Public Team Switching

[Brief summary of idea]: Make it harder to switch from one public frequency to the other in the TW public arena.

[Reasoning behind proposal]: There are a few players who always switch from the losing team to the winning team. Usually, the winning team already has more players (and better players) on it. This stacks the winning team even more, causing people on the losing team to leave the arena. There is one individual who does this solely to troll others. For maximum effect, he sets himself up as the losing teams terrier before switching. I'm not basing this on a single occurrence: he does this for around 8 hours a day, every day (a troll bereft of a life), and gloats in the reactions he receives from angry players. The public game completely dies out as a result. Zone population is singularly decimated by this individual.

[Best way to implement]: A very simple fix. There is an arena setting for team switching. Currently it must be set at around 2 or 3. Please reduce this to 0 or 1.

[Detailed summary of idea]: N/A

i like the idea of moving it to 1!

way too much team switching kills the game constantly
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

could buy into this if there's going to be more of a focus on pub, the pub experience should be more satisfying

Comment

That's a good observation. I hope they apply a fix to this issue.

Not to make excuses for the person doing so, but I think the person may be doing it to demonstrate the flaw so that a person such as yourself would do something such as ask for a fix as you have done.

I hope they'll listen.

--Fem.

Comment

Not to shoot down your idea because I think it is a good one and I know exactly who you are talking about but anything short of locking the arena entirely (preventing anybody that is not staff to enter the game or switch freqs/ships) would not work. I will explain why

Player X is on freq 0 with 12 total people on the team
          Freq 1 is winning and has 18 people on the team
          Player X tries to switch to the winning team, creating a 19v11
          Arena settings give Player X the message that "Switching frequencies would make teams too uneven"
          Player X joins freq 2 (Or any other freq that is not 0 or 1)
          Player X can now hop from freq 2 (or any other freq that is not 0 or 1) onto the winning team regardless of team size

I suppose you could also disable all frequencies that are not 0 or 1, but doing so would be treading into dangerous waters and not advisable.
          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
            I suppose you could also disable all frequencies that are not 0 or 1, but doing so would be treading into dangerous waters and not advisable.
            How about you need to ?help can i get a private freq? thats how those who want to wb in priv can do so etc but staff has a chance to control this

Comment

Limiting or severly punishing freqhoppers from the end-of-round rewards would probably be better. It seems no matter what, some bot coding will need to be happening to rectify this issue.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

I thought team switching was arena configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                  Not to shoot down your idea because I think it is a good one and I know exactly who you are talking about but anything short of locking the arena entirely (preventing anybody that is not staff to enter the game or switch freqs/ships) would not work. I will explain why

Player X is on freq 0 with 12 total people on the team
                  Freq 1 is winning and has 18 people on the team
                  Player X tries to switch to the winning team, creating a 19v11
                  Arena settings give Player X the message that "Switching frequencies would make teams too uneven"
                  Player X joins freq 2 (Or any other freq that is not 0 or 1)
                  Player X can now hop from freq 2 (or any other freq that is not 0 or 1) onto the winning team regardless of team size

Yea, the troll was doing that this morning to ruin the game.

Something has to be done about this. The pub game just isn't fun anymore with this 24/7 troll constantly making the teams uneven. If nothing can be done, just ban the guy, he's the only one doing it.

Until this is fixed, I'm gonna have to quit pub. All the fun has been sucked out of it... and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                    How about you need to ?help can i get a private freq? thats how those who want to wb in priv can do so etc but staff has a chance to control this
                    Rather than adding to staff's workload, you could do this:

1. Do my suggestion where the team-switch setting it reduced to 0 or 1.
                    2. Remove private freqs.
                    3. Make it so people can get a private freq if they message the bot with a command like !priv ###
                    4. When the bot assigns someone to a private freq, it also locks them on that freq for the remainder of the round.

If they have to stay on the private freq for the round, it won't be used for team switching; and people still get to use private freqs for genuine purposes. Problem solved?

Comment

Or u cud use pubbucks for this. If u wanna switch to the winning freq while teams are rly unbalanced (like 18v12), u have to pay it, lets say 50k pubbux. That way ppl wud think twice about switching freqs as they wud lose all their money pretty soon. Also, reducing to 0 or 1 might work. Just tossing out my idea.
                      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

It's Cat In The Asshat, isn't it?

"Player X can now hop from freq 2 (or any other freq that is not 0 or 1) onto the winning team regardless of team size"

Can't the largest frequency be locked so people can't join it no matter what? The fact that what you've described is allowed is really stupid.

Anyway, it's been three months. Has anything been done about this?

Comment

"It's Cat In The Asshat, isn't it?"

Yea.

Personally, I don't know if it's fixed yet because I almost never play TW anymore. I kept playing for a while after this post, but nothing was done. Then I heard about some staff-public discussion where they were supposed to resolve matters like this. Nothing came of that either. I just abandoned my belief that the public have a say in things here, and moved on.

Comment

Working...
                          X