Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make TWDT full season run along with TWD season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make TWDT full season run along with TWD season.

The only legit way to double squad without breaking rules.

I think what would work is a year long season of TWDT to go along with TWD. Can play any division with your draft squad, without having to change squad tags, and people who log on once in a while will become more active when there's a game sitting around for them to join with either the draft team or their TWD squadron. WHAT WOULD BE THE HARM IN TRYING THIS? I'd love to see a squad ran by one captain, with trades going around for pub bucks or some sort of star system. We'd obviously have to install some sort of ideas on why pub bucks would be involved to begin with. Could be a rating system, you get weekly progressions, or at least monthly progressions with your TWDT league to increase/decrease your value. Have trade blocks.

This would force vets to squad with newer players. You can have multiple drafts throughout the year, every month or so when the new ratings are in you add newer players who have yet to get drafted. If this increases activity then you just add more teams into the draft season and each team would have to trade a mid-talent level player to the new team. Got a lot more ideas for this, but it's bedtime...I was going to post this under another thread, but it would be best to create a new one.

This game is losing people, and myself. Once this game becomes inactive, somebody leaves. That somebody leaving causes other people to lose interest in this game, especially when it's a core group of friends. Dominoes... The people in this game are just not other players to play with, they're friends. The way things are going it would be best to turn this into a chat client. StealthBot anyone????????

TWDT failed. Zone is already spread too thin. Keep it simple.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

TWDT is Sunday's only. A full season where twdt can be played anytime whenever will help. Enough of the 'this won't work' shit. That kind of attitude will only destroy the game. At least trying it won't. If ppl want out of this idea we have enough newer players to maintain activity. Forums is not the solution, in-game is.

Comment

Since its inception, Twdt has failed to carry out its purpose which was to help newer players transition into twd and twl. Even now I doubt newer players are being given a chance to play in the games they want because the caps want to win and play the vet players. Even if that whole star thing is in place the truth is that newbs don't get to play when they want to. I don't see how it will make people active either. This league is terrible, but it does hold value for some. If this is run year long then the people who care about it will stop because its value would be watered down.

People forget the main thing that has kept this game going for so long. The graphics, gameplay, etc. are all garbage. The game isn't even managed properly (Staff is putrid). The community is the only thing that has kept this game going. People have played with each other for more than a decade now and have made friends and competitive "enemies". As the times change, people change. Some moved on to other games and others just became douchebags. Over the years most of the "veterans" have managed to earn medals Gary Payton style so there is nothing left for them. There is barely any competitive drive left in the remaining few but this is what we need to be targeting. I honestly feel that we are nearing the end of this games fantastic run. The truth sucks but it what it is.

These are the things I feel need to be tried out before we call it quits for good:
        1) Try condensing the games population to a few arenas so player interaction increases.
        2) Use that fucking donation money to advertise this game. I understand that it is hard to find someone who will take initiative on this but we have sat on that money for a good 3-4 years now. There have been countless ideas tossed up on the forums of how to do this and where to do this but staff has barely shown interest. At this point it doesn't matter what type of crowd we would be bringing in.
        3) Staff/Player communication needs to be a top priority. Been saying this for years and I've noticed that it has increased over the last few weeks but sadly its too late.
        4) I've honestly given up trying to focus on how to better this game, but threads like this one and others are always appreciated because it means people are still trying.

These are the stages I went through since I installed this game in 2008:
        1) downloaded the game cuz a friend recommended it...played for 10 mins..."da fk this is gay as hell"...logged out for 4-5 months
        2) "oh i still have this game ill give it one more shot"...ended up playing for 2-3 hours trying to kill these fgts who kept calling me a newb
        3) some random guys approach me to join a squad...seems interesting
        4) squadhopping and meeting new people
        5) found people who i can have fun playing with and started chatting to them more in game and creating squads with them
        6) "ooo lets try to qualify for twl"
        7) play twl
        8) play twl even with a declining population
        9) staff being a group of corrupted faggots is more evident
        10) casual twd player
        11) log in to chat
        12) only log in to forums and rant about staff

tl;dr version:
        fk urself
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I can't seem to understand how twdt running along with twd will effect anything for an ENTIRE season...i'm not talking 7 weeks only on sundays, im talking 6 months of people being able to play and double squad on their twd and twdt team, whenever they want, without is being a bannable offense. how would it not be fun to see how a squad starts off and finishes during a long duration of time. can the cap maintain his/her squad for the entire season? what was his/her best acquisition? which division has he/she improved on along with the players? did they build new friendships?

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
            Since its inception, Twdt has failed to carry out its purpose which was to help newer players transition into twd and twl. Even now I doubt newer players are being given a chance to play in the games they want because the caps want to win and play the vet players. Even if that whole star thing is in place the truth is that newbs don't get to play when they want to. I don't see how it will make people active either. This league is terrible, but it does hold value for some. If this is run year long then the people who care about it will stop because its value would be watered down.

People forget the main thing that has kept this game going for so long. The graphics, gameplay, etc. are all garbage. The game isn't even managed properly (Staff is putrid). The community is the only thing that has kept this game going. People have played with each other for more than a decade now and have made friends and competitive "enemies". As the times change, people change. Some moved on to other games and others just became douchebags. Over the years most of the "veterans" have managed to earn medals Gary Payton style so there is nothing left for them. There is barely any competitive drive left in the remaining few but this is what we need to be targeting. I honestly feel that we are nearing the end of this games fantastic run. The truth sucks but it what it is.

These are the things I feel need to be tried out before we call it quits for good:
            1) Try condensing the games population to a few arenas so player interaction increases.
            2) Use that fucking donation money to advertise this game. I understand that it is hard to find someone who will take initiative on this but we have sat on that money for a good 3-4 years now. There have been countless ideas tossed up on the forums of how to do this and where to do this but staff has barely shown interest. At this point it doesn't matter what type of crowd we would be bringing in.
            3) Staff/Player communication needs to be a top priority. Been saying this for years and I've noticed that it has increased over the last few weeks but sadly its too late.
            4) I've honestly given up trying to focus on how to better this game, but threads like this one and others are always appreciated because it means people are still trying.

These are the stages I went through since I installed this game in 2008:
            1) downloaded the game cuz a friend recommended it...played for 10 mins..."da fk this is gay as hell"...logged out for 4-5 months
            2) "oh i still have this game ill give it one more shot"...ended up playing for 2-3 hours trying to kill these fgts who kept calling me a newb
            3) some random guys approach me to join a squad...seems interesting
            4) squadhopping and meeting new people
            5) found people who i can have fun playing with and started chatting to them more in game and creating squads with them
            6) "ooo lets try to qualify for twl"
            7) play twl
            8) play twl even with a declining population
            9) staff being a group of corrupted faggots is more evident
            10) casual twd player
            11) log in to chat
            12) only log in to forums and rant about staff

tl;dr version:
            fk urself
            Y btown keep it real? Agree with every point. Guy spoken like he done a Bloomberg report and analysis on TW.

But rly, y u afraid to double squad? Just do it. No one cares. Hardly anyone plays the game seriously anymore.
            - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Working...
            X