Nooblist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooblist

Has anyone tried to get the list of players currently logged in - which I'm pretty sure is doable via twchat - and getting the ?usage for each one....

... talk to the new players about what they like and don't like about the game

... at different stages of their newness

There is already a system similar to this in place for helping players with low usage actually.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

cool - there's lots of stuff that could be done with this... but the bit I'd find interesting is this....

If we think/know most new players quit quickly - for the players who don't (say 100-200 hours usage) - why didn't they quit?

Comment

Well when I first started playing- I looked at pub map and all the empty space and thought what the fuck is this? pointless. I couldnt kill anyone and i got spawn killed. Took me a while to notice u hav to go in base and get flag but I got bored within 15 mins. About 2 months later i was really bored one day- the game that i was playing wouldn't work for some reason so I decided to log back on trench wars and someone asked me to join a squad and help win a jd match- I couldn't work out how to join to a squad- someone did it for me and after I played my first game- I was like woahh that was really fun... More! The experience of squad chat and playing for a purpose (to win for ur teammates) was incentive to practise in ?go javs to improve ur skills for jd games. It was twd that got me hooked- pub was like a different zone to me- v boring/ the flag game style never changed and little incentive to play pub. To be honest new players are likely to get similar reactions when first logging onto pub. Those that stay are because they have met a very nice person/ very bored (you would have to b v bored to play just pub) or someone got them involved in twd/ or events. Without regular hosting and twd= dead game.
        Last edited by Fork; 08-04-2013, 01:57 PM.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
          Well when I first started playing- I looked at pub map and all the empty space and thought what the fuck is this? pointless. I couldnt kill anyone and i got spawn killed. Took me a while to notice u hav to go in base and get flag but I got bored within 15 mins. About 2 months later i was really bored one day- the game that i was playing wouldn't work for some reason so I decided to log back on trench wars and someone asked me to join a squad and help win a jd match- I couldn't work out how to join to a squad- someone did it for me and after I played my first game- I was like woahh that was really fun... More! The experience of squad chat and playing for a purpose (to win for ur teammates) was incentive to practise in ?go javs to improve ur skills for jd games. It was twd that got me hooked- pub was like a different zone to me- v boring/ the flag game style never changed and little incentive to play pub. To be honest new players are likely to get similar reactions when first logging onto pub. Those that stay are because they have met a very nice person/ very bored (you would have to b v bored to play just pub) or someone got them involved in twd/ or events. Without regular hosting and twd= dead game.
          Your second time playing you helped a squad win a jd?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Fox View Post
            Your second time playing you helped a squad win a jd?

they musta been playing against star fox and jabjabjab lol

bazinga!
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Working...
            X