Enhance Trenchwars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhance Trenchwars

A new website would go a long way. That may be an unrealistic expectation at the moment. At the bare minimum though staff should be able to keep an active one, and make it as user friendly as possible.

Trenchwars.org website:

Download: Download the game for free! we welcome new players- Bold this, or make the text
    larger so people finding the website for first time can easily notice the game is free
    and available for download.
    Under Leagues link:
    Provide actual write ups of what each league is, as well as a clickable link to the league website
    Provide more detailed information for players on how to join leagues etc. It’s complicated to newbs sometimes, grasping everything a game has to offer.
    Pub:
    Dedicate a large section of trenchwars.org website towards explaining pub.

Provide easy to read tutorials for newbies on how to play them. This could be done via write-ups or youtube videos. It has been done in past, but is not easily accessible.
    I suggested a baby pub awile back a place where newbies can learn how to play without getting ripped to pieces. Probably not active enough new players atm to sustain it daily. Maybe it could run once or twice a week at a player peak hour. Make pub more newbie friendly.
    This section should be comprehensive, easy to read etc.
    Pub is still alive, after spending 2 months actively playing it (for first time in at least five years), can definitely see that.
    How about making pub records something to reach for? Put more emphasis on achievements. I racked up 13,000+kills last score reset in a lanc. I never want to play that much again, ever but at the time it was fun.
    Vets need to get into pub sometimes and play. Reconnect with your newbie gamer self. Players get really disconnected from the original roots of the game. Old players sitting in spec, or only play 1 event: elim, base , duel have their place, at same time connecting the older generation of players to the new ones is important.

Screenshots and Video:
    Video still works.
    Screenshots lead to: The requested URL /sshot.php was not found on this server when clicked on
    Get some active screenshots up that work so players can see large clear pictures of game play
    Update the top rankings section: We still have season 16 winners posted there, when season 17 is long gone and season 18 fast approaching; it takes half a minute to post the current winners Pandora. Little things like this need to be done actively.

Javduel, Wbduel and Base
    - This is more a vet request then an all-important for the zone one. Why not enhance these leagues by providing detailed stats like those that can be found in twd or a separate unique system of their own. This is a good training ground for new players who can get the basic idea of 5vs5, 8vs8 gameplay without having to be on a squad.
    Twdivisions
    -Squads come and go too quickly. Example 3 players start a squad run it for two weeks, then two of the players leave and start another squad with the majority of the same player base and a new name. The remainder of the inactive players sit on the old squad. Players migrate, and squadhop non stop. This kills TW identity and rivalries.
    -TWD looks dead atm. More emphasis needs to be put on making it a competitive league, especially during the twl offseason
    - Caps have a major impact on leagues, garbage caps who cant hold a squad together should not be given the option to cap league squads over and over and again and disband them whenever they get tired of it.
    Twleagues
    - Twleagues looking really outdated. The website barely gets any work put into it.
    - Pandora triple crowned this year, props to them for it. At same time the competition looked really unorganized and half assed. Maybe the same result can be expected this year.
    - This is supposed to be our championship league, the one vets and up and coming players look forward to playing. It’s not given the respect it deserves.
    - The stat system has always been kind of half assed. Even twds stat system looks a lot better. Why not apply a similar one to twl?
    - Dont bother reviving TWLM if you dont plan to run it actively let it die.

Squads:

I think their needs to be more of a mentorship program in effect when it comes to squads. Every squad in TWD or even TWL should have a couple of active newbies on it. Make it a mandatory rule, that squads have at least 3-5 new players. Call them top prospects, rookies whatever. They don’t have to be guaranteed league time play in twl, but get them involved in twd. Some squads are already doing this and have been for years. This would help increase competition in game as well. How motivating can it be when we have newbie twd squads getting run over daily by vets. No one expects new players to be given prominent playing time in twl for example, but getting them in for twd can easily be done. And if their lazy or disappear replace them.

Keep a positive mentality:

Quit the doom and gloom.
    See way too much blaming of staff in game and on the boards. Whining and crying, players constantly stating the game is dead or dying on the message board provides little incentive to new players to be involved. It’s a killjoy to the percentage of players and vets who still enjoy the game for what it is. Instead of whining about it is not, appreciate the positives of a game that’s been around since 1997 and is still rolling. Have realistic expectations of staff and understand that it takes time to progress. Understand we have an aging player base – and that in all games aging player bases gradually move on. Work to bring a new generation of TW players in while not alienating the current one.

Nice to see some constructive help for a change! lol

at the end of the day, it is the players game... and if we want it to expand again, it will take a group effort... staff cant do it alone, neither can the players.. we need to all work together to make it a place that people want to hang out !
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Some things like lack of website development I would love to talk/explain to you in game. Some of your solutions such as the mandatory newb TWD rule I don't agree on. but the way you view what the current state of the zone is and where the problem areas are is spot on.

People dont say this enough to others in TW, but I appreciate the time you have invested in this game rule. That time that so many of us have put into the zone to keep the game what it is often gets forgotten. Players just playing to have fun or for the competition of our leagues is what has built this zone. A positive mentality is one thing that can have a major impact overall, more than any other single project will do. People should just continue to play because they enjoy the game...fk everything else

Comment

They already kinda made a new website but havent updated it or had some kind of problems but here is it: http://www.trenchwars.org/beta/

Pub needs to be new player focus'd meaning there should be arrows if possible guiding them where to go to keep them focused and str8 into the action (instead of floating in black thinking "wdf do i do?")

Bosshawk im still waiting to accept u on my squad! :O I
        Last edited by Fork; 08-12-2013, 05:31 AM.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

There is a lot of politics and bs revolving around that beta site. If people would like to know about the website they can talk to me in game.

Comment

enhance trenchwars

i thought this was gonna be a drug thread

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
            X