Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pure vs. non-pure pub (and bring old levs back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure vs. non-pure pub (and bring old levs back)

Years ago, I remember the settings would switch between non-pure pub and "pure" pub. Pure pub meant no private freqs and no levis. I know some people love LTs and others love hunting them, but I think there are a fair number of people (including myself) who think levis can become really rampant and take over base to where no matter where you're standing in base you're being constantly bombarded. At least with old lev settings you'd die and could reattach...with these settings you're out of the game for just as long or longer because of EMP and have to be a sitting duck for 4-5 seconds with red NRG.

Bring old levs back and change it back to switching between pure and non-pure. This could be done on a weekend basis, daily basis, or even every other game. It would also be nice to have a "rock the vote" option, like typing !override to PubSystem or some such thing, so people can switch settings if they so desire. Opinions differ on this, but I think this will allow those in both camps to get their fill.

Also, if we do change back to old levs, please don't allow them to green free with pub bux. Pub bux are not hard to come by.

I like the idea to have pure base @ saturday & sunday
    and non-pure pub with old levs (good LT's) @ rest of the week
    or the other way around!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

That sounds horrible. The new levs are great fun. When we had the old levs, you'd get LTs flying around ruining the base game by (1) Bombarding the flag room or mid, leading to luck-based deaths that you can do nothing about. (2) LTs taking up 3 or 4 spaces on a team, making the basing game horribly uneven.

If anything, bring back the old weasels, since almost no-one plays that ship now.

Comment

the new levs cause almost for the same amount of trouble like the old ones,
        because we got now like 10 solo levis bombarding everywhere and destroying base games
        with the old levis's, there were maybe 1 or 2 LT's flying around causing for problems
        i think some prefer the old one and some prefer the new ones
        so why don't mix it up

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaaa.nl View Post
          because we got now like 10 solo levis bombarding everywhere and destroying base games
          Not really. They can't destroy the base game because the prox on their bombs isn't high enough. They have to be more accurate with their shots rather than finding a hole to shoot down. This has turned them into more of a basing ship. I'd even go as far as saying the basing game is more fun with the news levis. It's just a shame the 1-tile weasel is gone because that made the basing game more interesting too.

Comment

Bringing back the old weasel would probably solve the issue with levis in base. Even thought it's not too much of an issue. Warbirds can buy X-radar now, and lanc's could before. That's 4 ships that can hunt em down. I do think that them (old weasels) having rocket and rep and being able to buy more was too much though.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              I do think that them (old weasels) having rocket and rep and being able to buy more was too much though.
              As long as they're 1-tile, I don't care much about the specials. I'm not asking for a supership, I'm asking for something that adds a unique dynamic to the gameplay. A 1-tile cloaker (without stealth) does that because it can infiltrate enemy lines (by going through holes) and it forces people to use their radar more. If it's overpowered then make its rocket last for less than a second, reduce the thrust on the rocket, or remove the rep. What we have now is just useless, which is supported by the fact that almost no-one plays it.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread for the weasel.

Comment

Please. I was just commenting yesterday about how once a team takes fr, everyone just switches to levs, so you've got like 4-5 levs in base, plus a shark, terr, and one other random dude. Can we name this zone Levi Wars? Blowing me up from 25 tiles away does not constitute "aiming". Old levs, and require them to get bounty without just buying it with pub bucks. Base gets bombarded to hell either way, but at least old levs are more fun and there are fewer of them. I'm in with 1 tile weasels. I remember being surprised the first time we switched to 1-tile weasels, but I do think it is a good change that allows for some interesting but not overpowered dynamics for wzl players.

But how about more opinions on the pure vs non-pure pub?

Comment

Levis are IN base, which is a drastic improvement. I would rather see their power level tweaked than bring back old levo and pure pub (Pure pub hasnt been isefil since we have had 4 active pubs going)
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

same here star,
                      but i guess its a diff view on basegame
                      they consider 10 levis bombarding everywhere as a good basegame
                      and we dont..
                      id rather have some powerfull levis outsidebase
                      but i guess its just a diff opinion & view on baseplay

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaaa.nl View Post
                        they consider 10 levis bombarding everywhere as a good basegame

I don't think anyone considers that a good base game, which is good, because it has never happened.

Comment

Dude, im in pub 24/7
                          who u foolin?

Comment

Working...
                          X