Public Poll on Leviathan; possible changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Poll on Leviathan; possible changes

A while ago we introduced a settings change to our Public arena. Refer to this topic and this topic to look them up.

I have gotten a lot of feedback on the changes, and the main focus has been the leviathan and opinions greatly differ. Shortly summarized:
    A lot of players, mostly basing people, seem to welcome the weaker bomb Levi because it does less damage, even though the EMP hits pretty hard and still seems to hurt unreasonably. Accidental teamkilling as we were used to it with the reckless bombs became less. Solo levi players have also become friends with that levi because the faster movement and new flexibility made up for the damage loss and levis still have great impact in basing games, without necessarily disrupting them.

On the downside though, LevTerring became almost distinct because the bomb doesn't have enough power anymore. There is also enough Solo levi players who miss their big bombs.

While I personally think that the "weakened" leviathan has made a good and positive difference, we still don't want to entirely get rid of the old (stronger bomb, slower movement) leviathan because, after all, LevTerring and the big booms are part of Trench Wars.

Therefore, we are doing a poll where you can give us your honest opinion about how you're feeling about the leviathans. We're thinking that doing a poll ingame will involve a lot of people who wouldn't be voicing their opinions on the forums or through other ways and hence is the way to go. The poll will be running for about 2 and a half weeks. (ENDS: Saturday, 7th Sept.)

Depending on what feedback we get, I will be trying my best to work out a plan on how we should proceed. It is obvious that we need to find a compromise, but which direction? I am thinking of having something like a rotating schedule for the leviathans. Maybe weekly, maybe certain days dedicated. Also, "Pure Pub" is something that I'm thinking about to introduce into that schedule (say, every 2nd weekend), not as often though and we will see how well it goes and if people rather appreciate or hate it. Feel free to comment on how you would like to see that "issue" solved.
    (NOTE: Pure Pub in a sense of having no leviathans and no private frequencies.)

Here's how you vote:
    Simply PM TW-Poll (a bot) with either !help to navigate yourself, or !polls. The levi poll is #6, so reply with !view 6 and then vote by doing !vote #. Navigate yourself through the other polls aswell and leave feedback there too

Regards

Perspective 1 - If you think that the primary purpose of pub 0 is to attract and retain new players then THAT is what defines how ships should be configured.
    This is what pub 0 historically was, the ‘cover to the TW book’. The majority of players used pub 0 to learn the zone and then used it as a stepping stone to other TW features like leagues, events, and dueling. If the perspective is this then making decisions for ship configuration in pub 0 becomes pretty easy and straightforward. Poll new players or revert back to the settings that worked before for new players.

Perspective 2 - If you think that the primary purpose of pub 0 is to get existing players active then THAT is what defines how ships should be configured.
    When TW population began to shrink options for playing the other features become more limited. Developers kicked into action and began to add more and more ‘enhancements’ to pub 0 to make it more attractive to existing players. Unfortunately this tilted the balance in favor of existing players via rewards. But if people think that this is best approach then making decisions on ship configurations becomes pretty easy and straightforward. Poll existing players (like you are doing now) and whatever happens in terms of new player retention happens.

Perspective 3 – You think that pub 0 can be both things at once and that THAT is what defines how ships should be configured.
    IMO there is no magical configuration that will appease both types of players and history has proven this. You end up with a pragmatic, washed out , middle of the road pub 0 that satisfies neither existing players or new players. Figure out a way to get both existing player AND new player input (good luck with that) so that you can identify configurations that keeps pub 0 exciting for existing players and also retains new players.

Instead of more bottom up thinking about a specific ship configuration and believing that this kind of approach will result in a long term solution, I suggest that we first declare what we think pub 0 should be about. Are there any other solutions beyond trying to make pub 0 be all things to all players or has this decision already been made?
    eph

Comment

We've had it both ways and it didn't make a difference to player retention. So vote for whatever you want, then we can move on to something else that might make a difference.

Comment

I think a rotating schedule may work, but we will need to track general populations in pub now, before the change, and during each period of rotation, then we will see if that is making a difference. I know we have stuff tracking overall zone population, but I don't know for certain of anywhere that I can see pub population being tracked by the hour.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
          I think a rotating schedule may work, but we will need to track general populations in pub now, before the change, and during each period of rotation, then we will see if that is making a difference. I know we have stuff tracking overall zone population, but I don't know for certain of anywhere that I can see pub population being tracked by the hour.
          No matter what changes you make, the population is going to complain

make good changes that are good and ignore the feedback unless its from people like me with a brain. one thing you can do to have both strong bomber and something like the new levi is to change the levi back, edit the night wasp, and dump the cloaker in favor of the night wasp. thats all you can do if you want both.

also please lower the minimum addbty to $250

Comment

@);--------

Princess of TW FiS <3

; )

BOW before your princess all you Levi drivers.. and stop giving stupid feedback just because something changed and no other reason

Comment

I will never be able to edit posts again with this newer board. only make more posts.

I would say do not raise the price or lower the time of roof turret even if people complain

but i can see getting rid of flag touch if people complain about that...replacing it with shield so the person has to at least use a flag strike plus shield instead of just warp on flag.

Comment

The bounty feature is already cheap enough at $500. I would rather consider increasing it to $1000 than decreasing it, because of the possible spam coming with it. Also, new items are added again and let's see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                  Also, "Pure Pub" is something that I'm thinking about to introduce into that schedule (say, every 2nd weekend), not as often though and we will see how well it goes and if people rather appreciate or hate it. Feel free to comment on how you would like to see that "issue" solved.
                  (NOTE: Pure Pub in a sense of having no leviathans and no private frequencies.)
                  Yes, please do this.

Comment

Yes Ma'am, thank you Ma'am -- $500 will be just fine; dont mind me. & roof turret is good. Cloakers go to extreme games.

Comment

my vote goes for reverting to the old lev or at least removing some of the speed of the new levs, this is due to an increased amount of levs being used in the flagroom and the ease in which levs seem to be able to get into base or control the tubes.

Yes levs are now weaker but their increased manoeuvrability gives them too much input on good, solid and enjoyable flag room fights. I find that my own team's levs do more damage to our own team than the enemy; enemy sharks repel lev shots and it emps or kills a lot of that levs own team mates, this sounds like it could be quite funny but having played quite a bit of flagroom basing in pub over the last few weeks it is just annoying as I spend almost as much time emp'd by my own freq's levs as I do flying around normally when pub gets busier throughout the day.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

To a new player, it won't really matter what settings you alter. Will to existing players but shouldn't increase the population of this game so don't spend too long on this.

If your wanting ideas i can throw in two:

1)Maybe change the lev back to its original state and restrict the area outside the top of base (so a lev/terr can't ride around the outside of flagroom) this way people won't get owned as much in flagroom but can if the lev rides through the entrance of base.

2) keep original lev settings and increase the required bounty for a lev to attach onto a terr to 50. If there is an option to buy bounty- remove this. This prevents a lot of lts coz it will b v hard to get 50 bounty.

To me altering some settings on pub isn't really gonna do much, what we really need is features that benefit old/ new players. Physical things players see on map- like mini stationary turrets players can attach to if a player touches it... A couple could b placed mid base or accessible from flag room and they fire into mid base- not too powerful. Or even buttons that a player rides into would trigger something like a sliding wall to trap players temporarily. This is prob not possible to do without owning the codes for this game. We just need to physically see something different that's not been tried before. Improving the pub appearance/ game play and twd experience/ game play along with good advertising should be good enough to improve the population.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

remember anti-warp is cheaper than the minimum bounty -- which it should be; but antiwarp should be "cheaper" than it not "a lot cheaper" so bty 500 makes sense

Comment

I've currently been levi'ing in pub for like 3 days straight after never playing the new settings. My rec is 931-371. The ship is overpowered. Remove the portal and make it about even.

Also I think it would be nice if you limited the amount of levis to 3 per freq, or perhaps 2-5 depending on arena size. I've seen so many games ruined the past couple of days by 3 or 4 levi's either holding FR and killing the other freq or being terrible and dying in spawn and not helping thus killing the freq. I think a few of these levis is one thing but once a bunch start playing it ends up ruining a perfectly good game.

But I ask everyone: Do you think that pub would be better with the old levi? The new levi? Or no levi at all?
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                              I've currently been levi'ing in pub for like 3 days straight after never playing the new settings. My rec is 931-371. The ship is overpowered. Remove the portal and make it about even.

Also I think it would be nice if you limited the amount of levis to 3 per freq, or perhaps 2-5 depending on arena size. I've seen so many games ruined the past couple of days by 3 or 4 levi's either holding FR and killing the other freq or being terrible and dying in spawn and not helping thus killing the freq. I think a few of these levis is one thing but once a bunch start playing it ends up ruining a perfectly good game.

But I ask everyone: Do you think that pub would be better with the old levi? The new levi? Or no levi at all?
                              its not the levi's fault if others wont spend some of their 500,000 on bounty or try to win "most levi kills" plus ignore LT messages served by the bot, plus everything else, plus antiwarp's existence & it is being used really often. Nope, your reply is incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                              X