Vote for caps in Base/Wbduel/Javduel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for caps in Base/Wbduel/Javduel

I think we should steal EG's voting system for capped games. So someone says !cap to the bot, 30 secs later the players !vote for who they want to cap. Have the bot auto-start and auto-ad at the end of every game and you can avoid needing a staffer to start them too.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Nope. Reason: can be biased all the time.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

biased against people who are shit at capping?

sounds like a decent idea - not convinced the current system is enough of a problem to warrant spending time on this though.

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
        Nope. Reason: can be biased all the time.
        This is the point though, since the bias would gravititate towards better players. When the caps are Oder vs. some pubber, while people may jokingly say the skill level and knowledge level is the same, it's clearly not and it makes for an uneven game.

Comment

Can't even compare wbduel/javduel vs base because the first 2 are just for fun whereas base is a link between pub and bd. Therefore, if you want to make it, then make it just for base and not for wbduel/javduel because this will kill them. If people don't get cap, they will just leave because they know they won't get picked.
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I don't know how it is in wbduel, and I am going to assume that in base there are almost always, staffer that plays that can take care of "bad caps". But in javduel, there are only the same few people that are willing to cap. Yes some of them are maybe not so good, but they are the only ones that are willing to cap. This "proposed" system, would mean that after a bad game, people would vote against the "bad" cap the next round. Would someone take his place? maybe, but most of the time there are very few people that are willing to cap javduel, even rather letting it die than typing !cap. I have seen this many times and are also guilty of this occasionally.

Comment

OK so I made this post thinking mostly of base but it works the same for all three arenas. The idea is that if only 2 people claim !cap then those two people get to cap, so saying that it will kill the arena doesn't make any sense to me. It also doesn't really add more than 30 seconds to the current !setcap procedure and encourages players in spec to vote, thus keeping them in the arena rather than leaving. Furthermore, if the bot auto-advertises and starts the cap setting process, games may not die because they're waiting for an ad or a staffer to come start it.

I personally never play WBduel so I can't speak to that, but I understand what you're saying about javduel. All in all, though, I think this system works better than having staffers set captains because, again, if only two people want to cap then those two people get to cap.

And as per the argument that this creates inherent bias, you're right it probably does. But this was an issue maybe 5 years ago when you had tons of people in these arenas. These days base is rarely over 25 people and there are rarely more than 3 or 4 people who try to get cap. There are plenty of newbs who don't cap base games and still get to play because they show up when players are needed. I'd rather leave a newb in spec then have that newb cap and kill the arena by the end of the game, it's as simple as that.
              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

No because:

1) newbs do not have a chance of getting added if they don't cap themselves in many cases because majority of people are elitist fucks and their already small penises shrink when they lose on this game.

2) most people do not want to log on and spend extra time doing something like voting. its relaxing to just log on and enter an arena and get added. more effort will slow down gaming and make people leave.

3) it isn't that hard to steal !cap away from some loser who is making the teams uneven on purpose. just have !cap ready and you have a high chance of getting it.

4) if for some reason you have 0 reaction/reflex time and cannot steal !cap away from an abuser then do a help call. give putrid staff something to do.

5) i dont feel that this is a priority.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

1) Newbs could still have the opportunity to cap and to say 'newbs would never get to play' is just a lie. Again, if only two people claim !cap, then those two people get to cap. We've all played game where the 5th player added is a newb and in ?go base it's not at all uncommon. Would you rather play in an arena where a newb rides the bench a couple of rounds or gets to cap and kills the arena?

2) You don't HAVE to vote, you can sit in spec and be lazy but this at least gives players the opportunity to vote

3) In ?go base, the !cap command doesn't even work. I don't know if it works in wbduel/javduel but I guess it does. And the point is that one bad game often kills the arena.

4) We both know that by the time staff would get involved it would be too late. They aren't going to just take cap from someone because you say they suck and if it's mid-game the arena will have already died.

5) It may not be a 'priority' as a couple of people have said but it's rather easy to implement and wouldn't take that many resources from other projects for very long. (What is the priority by the way, because I see a whole lot of nothing going on.)
                  (Overstrand)>no

Comment

I thnk the voting system would only work for base and nothing else. Base sort of reminds me of pickup in EG. Expect the way they do it is different. They vote on two caps, and than the caps add people by dong !a. It could work for base, but I don't think its necessary for Wbduel ad javduel.
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017
                    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                      1) Newbs could still have the opportunity to cap and to say 'newbs would never get to play' is just a lie. Again, if only two people claim !cap, then those two people get to cap. We've all played game where the 5th player added is a newb and in ?go base it's not at all uncommon. Would you rather play in an arena where a newb rides the bench a couple of rounds or gets to cap and kills the arena?

2) You don't HAVE to vote, you can sit in spec and be lazy but this at least gives players the opportunity to vote

3) In ?go base, the !cap command doesn't even work. I don't know if it works in wbduel/javduel but I guess it does. And the point is that one bad game often kills the arena.

4) We both know that by the time staff would get involved it would be too late. They aren't going to just take cap from someone because you say they suck and if it's mid-game the arena will have already died.

5) It may not be a 'priority' as a couple of people have said but it's rather easy to implement and wouldn't take that many resources from other projects for very long. (What is the priority by the way, because I see a whole lot of nothing going on.)
                      1) nobody is going to vote pubber3837 to be a cap. you can spot out the abusers easily and therefore should make a cheater or help call and staff should sort it out. seriously let them do something. to be honest most base games die because someone gets a bd and vets just leave so you cant blame this entirely on inexperienced newbs. in my experience base games have died due to vets leaving for twd. .?go base is one step above from pub and therefore newbs should be allowed to cap and learn so they can hopefully transition to twd. this won't happen if only popular vets get cap and add only vets and the occasional 1 or 2 newb. personally i cant tell u how many times ive entered base on an alias and been sat. shit like that just makes you avoid the arena in general so imagine how newbs feel.

2) even if u dont have to vote, sitting in spec for a minute just to get things started is not ideal. especially in base where the wait time is already ridiculously long. javduel/wbduel player patience is pretty low.

3) it does work in wbduel/javduel and for that reason i believe it is more active as well. pretty annoying to do help calls to get someone to start base imo.

4) yes staff is putrid as hell but if the players can back up your claims of cap abuse by a player then im sure they would help. if they dont then make a thread about that particular staffer and make him realize he has the same value as a pile of shit.

5) priority of staff is to aid the decaying process of this game.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

one thing ive noticed is that wbduel has the LEAST problems when it comes to finishing games...there are those rare nerd ragers who quit but subbing is rather easy

javduel and base seem to have the most problems but it just seems worse when it comes to basing because time actually matters and subbing is more complicated

it is very annoying to play 10 minutes of a basing game just to see people leave...and like i said in my experience this is mainly because people get twd games and not because of newb caps but i understand what you are saying

Comment

i really dont see this helping too many things. i think it would probably do more harm than good.

cres has the right of it, base usually gets killed when half the players leave for a bd. the rest of the things are pretty minor.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

all this leads to is a popularity contest.

additionally, given the current state of the game, the implementation of such a feature is way, wayyy down on the totem pole.

in other new, hey zeeb! :tonka:

in yet other news, why oh why has no one tweaked the forums since the vb update? this shit is a fugly, clusterfucked mess.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              all this leads to is a popularity contest.

additionally, given the current state of the game, the implementation of such a feature is way, wayyy down on the totem pole.

in other new, hey zeeb! :tonka:

in yet other news, why oh why has no one tweaked the forums since the vb update? this shit is a fugly, clusterfucked mess.
                              :dt:

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X