No announcement yet.

Some updates from the Communication Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the biggest problems is people look at the pros, and none of the cons. they praise ideas and forget that it may affect other shit negatively. People are pretty shotty at thinking outside of the box. I have an ability to see somethibg, see how it mayf fal, or see what ways it can be exploiter or abused, and used in ways other than intended. I feel im often just seen as a Negative Nancy, but fuck em, its inportant to point out how their ideas suck and why they will fail.
    Im also drunk as fuck rigut now, so dunno... happy birthday to my friend!
    Former TW Staff

Comment

shadow pretty special

Comment

Shaddow, I am not sure that ‘pros or cons’ are the real issue; it is that ideas are implemented without any way to measure their success/failure and no one is ever held accountable. Organization responsibility is diffused, the ‘buck never stops’ at anyone’s desk.

This means that people pull ideas out of their ass, have the influence with the right people to get the work done (or do it themselves), then can roll the changes out without really telling anyone.

I know that this is not always the way it goes down, at times there is some discussion and collaboration on the new ideas and changes. But point is the staff structure and organization does not limit doing it the wrong way nor does it foster the teamwork and/or holding people responsible for the things they oversee. It is really the worse case management situation, how do you hold people responsible when they don’t really have the autonomy and full control over their areas?

Again using Fis as head of Pub 0 an example (not that Fis or Pub 0 is a specific issue, just convenient example)…
        How can anyone go back to Fis and say, “You are doing your job. Pub population metrics are up and complaints are down.” Well, first there are no metrics. Second, where do we go look to see what changes have been made that affect Pub 0? And lastly, Fis does not have control over all of the of the ‘ideas’ and subsequent changes that have been made to Pub 0. Sure she has some input and influence, but she does not have complete autonomy over Pub 0. (Frankly, this is complete bullshit and anyone who takes on a responsibility under these circumstances is nuts. It is like taking a job at a retail store, being told that you are responsible for any cash drawer shortages, but there are several other people also using the same cash drawer.)

Yet we insist on holding on to the current staff structure and organization and say that this is the only way it can be done; staff has to be organized with zone permissions as the primary focus. My opinion is that this is a bunch of crap. What appears to me to be closer to the truth is that some on staff have no desire to change, last thing they want is to be held more responsible. It’s a volunteer job and a diffusion of responsibly is just fine with them. People like doing things the informal, easier way of just ‘getting it done’; no one wants to tackle the logistical nightmare of trying to foster teamwork and collaborate an international staff. And those who have built the relationships that allow them influence are threatened by change.
        eph

Comment

added some stuff to first post
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
          X