Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illegal attempt to log in on forum account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal attempt to log in on forum account.

Hello,

I haven't logged in in years.
    Today I got an e-mail that someone else tried to hijack my forum account here.

Originally posted by E-Mail
    Dear DtTimsky,

Someone has tried to log into your account on SSCU Trench Wars Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.235.81

All the best,
    SSCU Trench Wars Forums
    I've changed my password, just in case, to something more complex.
    I assume that giving you this information is enough.
    "The greatest trick ever pulled was having billions of people follow a fictive novell." - Timsky.

showing up as someone from Russia... no users with anything close to that IP, so either someone from russia trying to hack your old forum name, or (morw likely) someone like Russ working from behind a proxy...
    Former TW Staff

Comment

I actually got one of these emails yesterday. So I came and changed my email and password.

Dear Diwa,

Someone has tried to log into your account on SSCU Trench Wars Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.235.81

All the best,
      SSCU Trench Wars Forums

Comment

Working...
      X