Teamkillers Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamkillers Register

Whenever someone is seen to be deliberately teamkilling, a staffer could add the offenders name to a register that is viewable by all staff members.

This way, staff can see if someone is a repeat offender.

Currently, when people are warned for teamkilling, they just come back in a few hours and start all over again.

If a teamkiller already has one entry on the register, the warning can be skipped, and they can be locked in a non-bombing ship. If they already have two entries on the register, they can be banned for one day. Three prior entries, and they're banned for 3 days. Four entries, and a week ban.

Entries that are more than 3 months old should be deleted to prevent the register getting too large, and because nobody deserves this hanging over them for that long.

Thoughts?

This system already exists, in theory. But bans are being lifted all the time because people whine too much about them or demonic is on drugs again and freeing every cheater. Also violations of rules confirmed by any staffer without elite banning powers are generally seen as not trustworthy confirmations, not even with video proof. At least this is what I experienced in the short time I played staff lately before getting fed up with exactly such things along others. There are people with an enormous rule breaking register including teamkill and all they get is warnings all the time or very short punishments even though by definition in the ban guide punishments should roughly double each time. Those infos show for different aliases too so this is not a way to escape. Whining to certain smods/sysops has a high chance of getting out of trouble though.

Comment

isn't this (basically) how it already is?

I just think they use different amounts of ban time than you did
      Last edited by Godzero; 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Godzero View Post
        isn't this ... (basically) how it already is/already does???

I just think they use different amounts of ban time than you did
        assuming this is actually in effect which i believe it is, is it being enforced fairly? not bans that last months, for a simple tk, but fairly as in maybe a 5 hour ship lock then 2 day ban next is 5 days, next is 1 week and it caps at maybe 7-8 days for each subsequent tk. that seems kind of fair in my opinion. for the super extreme cases, maybe a 3-4 week ban isnt unheard of.

but i think the main problem is that mods or staff arent out there in the "trenches" watching the happenings discretely in order to catch it without having reports come in and then either they give a written warning or the damage is done and the guy goes back to spider or something.

the problem clearly is that staff or mods arent pre-emptively catching it since they require such proof. this is a problem with lack of monitoring pubs.

now im not saying for staff to take turns having stakeouts in pub 24/7, but geez guys be a little more proactive. set a precedent thats well known that people will be banned if they do this for a day, two or a few days. make it clear that it will come without warning so these bad apples cant abuse things by thinking "oh he'll have to report me first, ill get a warning, i can change ships or pretend im not doing anything" type bs.

thats my suggestion. just monitor pub a little closer and be more firm in handing out bans in cases where you or your staff see a CLEAR intentional tk. Not a blind shot where a lev shoots a bomb at an area outside his radar or a tk where levs or javs try to target enemies and take a friendly or two out in the process of normal gameplay. im talking Intentional, willful, tking when that shot can only be construed as trying to tk another without any potential to kill an enemy etc.

cheers

Comment

I don't want to defend staff too much here, because frankly I think the majority of them are incapable fuckwits. With that said, I understand your gripe just not your methods to an end. The shiplock system was put into place so people wouldn't have to be zone banned because we really cannot afford losing players to discipline, even the annoying repeat offenders. It is extremely easy to circumvent the shiplock system by simply switching ships as soon as you tk your target and theres really nothing that can be done about it. TKs are tracked by volume and consistency based on how long you've been online, but are not separated by intent. For example lets says I was still a mod in pub and checked the tk stats of Player A (a tker) and he had a total of 10 tks (all intentional while trying to tk a LT on his own team) 9 times out of 10 the LT he is trying to kill has at LEAST 2x as many total tks (not intentional just a byproduct of playing a retarded ship). Now given I was doing something else prior to the report about tking, this is the only information that I have to work with. I need to WATCH to see intent before dishing out any sort of punishment, because based on only the facts and #s both ships should get shiplocked. The trouble makers in pub are well known to staff, and literally used to stop whatever they were doing just because I entered the arena, but it seems now that nobody in staff has much of a presence in pub to deter these players. Fixable? Yes. With this current batch of mods+? Probably not.

In regards to the tker "database"...it already exists, just with different time frames which I will choose not to disclose since the last time I revealed stuff I knew a bunch of people quit the game and a smod got axed.
          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

What's next? Electronic tethers and court ordered counseling? A "registry" idea, which is analogous to a "sex offender registry", is over the top. My experience as being staff in various zones is that when a player is warned for teamkilling, or any further action is taken, it is logged under their name so when a moderator in the future queries that persons name, his entire history is displayed. Teamkills are annoying, but lets not lose control of ourselves here.

Comment

Bans and warnings decay after a time limit. After that time, the player starts again on a clean slate. No matter how many times they have been shiplocked/silenced/etc.

This was actually somewhat brought up in upperstaff chat in a discussion. FYI, it will never change as long as Lefty is in charge of bans.
              I personally agree with you on it though, but It's not my place to make changes on it, so whatever.

Sometimes resisting change is for the better, but in some areas we need to continue to move forward and not be stuck on the past and what was.
              Last edited by Shaddowknight; 10-31-2013, 07:14 AM. Reason: Because Limes are green.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

"After that time, the player starts again on a clean slate."

Left_Eye is a filthy cretin, and that should have become obvious to everyone a long time ago. And not just him, but all the retards who go easy on TKers. If you don't ban the shit who ruin the game, all the good players will leave.

How come it's always the imbeciles who end up in positions of power? Who appointed the first generation of imbeciles? PriitK? Wtf did he base the giving of mod powers on? The smallest brain and biggest ego imaginable?

"Luckily we are not forced into this sort of statis in all departments of staff."

Yeah, just in the important ones.

Well, this game is fucked, gg. Stop pretending it can be saved and let's get a new version of it coded and running on a different server that will be run by non-shitheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                  "After that time, the player starts again on a clean slate."

Left_Eye is a filthy cretin, and that should have become obvious to everyone a long time ago. And not just him, but all the retards who go easy on TKers. If you don't ban the shit who ruin the game, all the good players will leave.

How come it's always the imbeciles who end up in positions of power? Who appointed the first generation of imbeciles? PriitK? Wtf did he base the giving of mod powers on? The smallest brain and biggest ego imaginable?

"Luckily we are not forced into this sort of statis in all departments of staff."

Yeah, just in the important ones.

Well, this game is fucked, gg. Stop pretending it can be saved and let's get a new version of it coded and running on a different server that will be run by non-shitheads.
                  well left eye is a woman first of all lol. second of all, how many other BanG mods over the past 5-7 years "went easy on [purposeful] tker's"? left eye hasnt been in this position as far as i know for more than over a month so...

i will say this, i agree 100% with you that in the past (and perhaps current/future time will tell), there has been an emphasis to clearly go after the wrong thing with bans or warnings. But luckily those who went after the wrong thing used only warnings mostly. Often, as i described in prior posts, mods or staff (who have access to mods) will wrongly define what a tk is and go after accidental tk's. This happened for many years and I hope retraining is/has been given to clearly seperate purposeful tk's from those that are just part of playing the lev/jav, accidentally, blind shots and judgement call tk's.

OVER THIS WEEKEND, I WAS TK'ED 3-4 TIMES AS I WAS LT'ING. One of the names was "d1ldo" i believe (lol). Now considering I played a few hours each day I suppose 3-4 tk's over a ratio of a few seconds each is hard to pinpoint, but its a recurring problem.

You have 5-6 really bad apples keep coming on alts or mains and tking lt's purposefully then fleeing. These people really should be made an example of at this point and all it would take is some super vigilant mods or staff watching pub for the next few weeks and pinpointing these people. Of course being absolutely careful with bans to get only purposeful ones.

I mean hell, give me the ability to relay the names of people to ban to a mod and ill do it in a second and get these people out of pub. It's completely wrong to allow these people to continue to think they can tk a lt on purpose who has a 300bty+ then flee over and over again for months. I expect it now. Not a lot will do this, just a handful and its time to lower the ban hammer on them.

We can accept a nerfed lev, we can accept accidental tk's, but we should not accept such blatant disregard for rules and norms in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Boobs
                    We can accept a nerfed lev, we can accept accidental tk's, but we should not accept such blatant disregard for rules and norms in the game.
                    I cannot accept a nerfed lev even tho I barely played lev :/ Just takes the fun out of the game to not have heavy weapons and be able to hunt LTs down. All I can do is login and check if the game got fixed again then leave, or maybe help a newbie on the way before I leave. (sry wrong topic but it hurt YOU said that)

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                      I cannot accept a nerfed lev even tho I barely played lev :/ Just takes the fun out of the game to not have heavy weapons and be able to hunt LTs down. All I can do is login and check if the game got fixed again then leave, or maybe help a newbie on the way before I leave. (sry wrong topic but it hurt YOU said that)
                      lol, u could always go back to x'ing on roof ill join u

Comment

Even x-ing got boring with those settings and the roof was just because they made x small and people started laming so terrs and javs wouldn't let me sit in fr on priv freq anymore. Like I ever harmed anyone, tsk.

Comment

"well left eye is a woman first of all lol"

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                            "well left eye is a woman first of all lol"

Pics or it didn't happen.
                            And hot pics only plz
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Listen to her voice on Ventrilo. <3
                              wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves

wicket666> they are a sexual

Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

Comment

Working...
                              X