A restructuring of Trench Wars Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A restructuring of Trench Wars Staff

As of January 1st of 2014, we have been running under a different structure of staff.
    So, what's different? Well, the biggest thing is each department in staff is run more on it's own. Each has it's own staff, quota, etc. It is still completely available for someone to be in multiple departments though.
    What does this mean for the average player? Not a ton, but if you have ever wanted to join staff, and only host, or help with cheaters, or work with marketing, it's now completely possible. You can join under a single department, and only be expected to perform in that department.
    No more ZH -> ER -> Mod -> League Op promotion road. You can now join (as ZH) in any department, then work up from there. The deans of staff (POiD and Beasty) still have some say in who is hired, but it's much more based on who the head of the department is interested in having on their team.
    Speaking of ER's, you won't be able to notice them as easily anymore, as we have removed the requirement to wear the <er> Staff tag.
    Leagues have also been split into TWD and TWL. Instead of both being run by a single person, each league is now run independantly in a Staffing standpoint.

Our current departments (and heads thereof) are as follows:
    Bans- Dezmond
    TWL- Reckful
    TWD- Conspiracy (dsb)
    Marketing and Newplayer Retention- 24
    Events and Support- WillBy (events), and Shaddowknight (support)
    Development (not exactly a part of staff, but closely linked)- Krynetix

</er>
    Public listing of staff members
    <er>
    The Staff Application has also been updated with a Department selection option.

The creation of the Council was also a part of this movement, with qan as the head of it.

If you want to join, or rejoin, and be able to focus on a single portion of the zone, now you can! So... do it! Talk to the head in whichever department you want to join and fill out an application. If you want to join, but don't know which department you want to work in, that's fine, you can still join as a general ZH and then decide from there.</er>
    Last edited by Shaddowknight; 01-09-2014, 07:58 PM.
    Former TW Staff

its a good idea, and how staff should always have been structured

however:
    1) why is dezmond or 24 in charge of anything
    2) what is "support"? some vague position that does something completely unspecified so you can have a head position?

if you actually want to make this work, you are going to need to specify clear cut roles and responsibilities or this will get shat upon over time and will revert back to before
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Support is basically the former Staff Training group. It's mostly internal to staff, and recruited to from within.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

lets start by getting rid of faggots like poid
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

maybe itll work ​this time

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

let me rephrase:

there are too many chiefs and not enough indians.

also most of our chiefs are slow in the head

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Speaking entirely in my own opinion (and these views do not represent Staff's but only my own), there are plenty of "Indians" like myself. We just don't have all of the names detailed to the public as clearly as we could. I think we could use a more comprehensive staff list posted and I've suggested that.

Comment

Public listing of staff members
                (also adding to first post)
                Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                  2) what is "support"? some vague position that does something completely unspecified so you can have a head position?
                  Shaddow also didnt mention that hes our PR chief

Comment

So can I finally be a guy who can report TKers and be taken seriously? I want to join the group that reports TKers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise View Post
                      So can I finally be a guy who can report TKers and be taken seriously? I want to join the group that reports TKers.
                      Maybe they should make it so if u tk 3 people within 1 minute something bad happens automatically without staff intervention:

1) (best option) ur energy stays low for 30 seconds to prevent u firing ur weapons (safest option just incase of lt accidental tks)

2) u get specced (but u can re-enter to play str8 away). Tk 3 more times straight away and u get a message saying 'disconnected for tking so many times' but u can re-enter/ or get specced and have to wait 30 seconds before u can play. Surely they will get bored and stop.

Surely they can work something out to prevent bans.
                      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                        Maybe they should make it so if u tk 3 people within 1 minute something bad happens automatically without staff intervention:

1) (best option) ur energy stays low for 30 seconds to prevent u firing ur weapons (safest option just incase of lt accidental tks)

2) u get specced (but u can re-enter to play str8 away). Tk 3 more times straight away and u get a message saying 'disconnected for tking so many times' but u can re-enter/ or get specced and have to wait 30 seconds before u can play. Surely they will get bored and stop.

Surely they can work something out to prevent bans.
                        Locking TKers (accidental or not) into a non-bombing ship for an hour or two could also work

Comment

Why prevent bans? Bans are the answer.

Comment

Auto-ship-bans are always shot down as an idea. Sharking would be a nightmare, and enemy sharks could fuck things up too much for you.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

I never said auto bans.

But what about...

Auto bahns!

Comment

Working...
                              X