Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EG: Hello Trenchwars!

Hello everyone,

im Monty Python, you may not know me because i berely play tw. if you know me: hey there

i was always into eg. now the reason i stop by here and say hello might seem a bit intriguer to tw'er and esspecially their staff/forum fed's: that is because im basically here to advertise a other zone: Extreme games.

i know; its a sin. and im sorry for it.

Anyways. for years extreme games has stand besides his big brother trenchwars and quite a few people from both communities have (at least) taken a look or even a longer comfortable habitation in the other zone. And yes, my point is, we are blood related. Now as everyone who is still playing knows: we are a dying breed, we are the last, or, to quote the latest jim jarmusch movie because im a fan and it fits here: Only Lovers Left Alive.

The EG population has now dropped to a swell where real flagging on vet/pro niveau has been a rarity (maybe once/twice a week at its best). there are still quite a few vets around, but due to timezones, they hardly face each other, also, we have berely squads who actively exist besides our leagues.

But we have our leagues. That is a EG flagging league that all squad can enter (egfl), and our draft league (egdl). draft league means team a number of general managers get to draft players from a pool before preseason starts. each player is given a value point according to his/her skills (1-9, 1 is worst). now each captain has limited tickets for both, his squad in general AND the max points that are allowed in game playing (8vs8). egdl is a really cool league b/c its main goal was always to get newer players the opportunity to prove themselve during leagues without already beeing on a better squad. captains are forced to let people with lower value points play with higher and even vets.

I could just start here and get lost in the shining philosophy, but I guess I will just not. You are very welcome, if you still reading, so you deserv that I get to the question: What do I - after all - want?

It's simple:

EGDL is about to start and we got around 100 players already signed up. This would be already enought to have a little nice league again, so everybody could be happy. But with just a few more players (10? 20? 30?) egdl could easily be a big great fun flagging league, a supspace anthem! And as it turn out, this might be the very last REAL FLAGGING LEAGUE in Extreme Games history. That's sad, but true, and we must all face it, you in tw too we know, which is sad aswell. Thats the main reason im writing this here. I hope i can convince some of you to play this with us.

Now we both, TW and EG have been trying advertising this game and their zones on several ways, even with no little financial effort, and even tho we gained a few numbers by it, we still lose population. So the idea i want to give in thought here is, why - instead of trying to get completely new ppl to play a old 2d game - not try to merge TW and EG more: increase the attention for each zones flagging styles. Just randomly and as example i like the idea of having a league in which squads play a twbd/egfl mixed league, maybe attended by differents events etc.. you get my point.

Dont get me wrong. I know that both zones have their huges differences, and that sometimes its just not what you like, but still: i know alot of players from TW and EG that like to play both zones, play league, be a part of a squad and pew pew together. Also: i am not naiv. I know this post wont suddently change so much (or anything at all). But simply because i love this game so much, I thought i give it a shot here, and if only to say hello.

So, of course NOT with the approach to STEAL players from TW, but to hereby start mixing up the zone in order for each other to stay funa bit longer, I wanna still very warmly invite our trenchwars friends to accompany EG for its maybe very last flagging league.

signups close.: Wednesday, February 5th: EGDL Player & Squad

Thank you.

PS: Oh god I love your forums. Autosafe safed my ass while typing this. EG forums so newb

tldr

Comment

To be honest OP, anyone that wanted to play EG probably already does. There are rarely any new players in subspace these days to have someone NOT know what EG is about, and if they liked EG already enough to play in the leagues there, they probably already do. I understand that you want more players, and that you are willing to get them any way you can, but the reality is that I cannot see you gaining many, if any at all, players from TW to convert (even for a short time).

Trenchwars is really the last bastion of hope left in subspace. It was always the most popular zone, and it is really the only zone left that ever gains enough players to look legitimate anymore. I wish EG well on their last stand, but I recommend learning to play TW a bit more (both zones are similar enough to transfer skill levels pretty easily) if you wish to play subspace within a year or two. Other than that, I wish EG well on its farewell tour.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Trench Wars does get new players; actually, we get new players quite often. I'm frequently helping new players get started. But I do agree that Trench Wars is really the center of SubSpace right now.

Comment

So it came this far? Such a post was unthinkable when I started playing this game but ya, I can see people on TW wanting to do similar ones soon. Just then there won't be anyone left to aid. Guess merging the two zones might be a little chance to prolong ss's life a little longer.

Good Luck EG.

Comment

Working...
          X