No announcement yet.

And we wonder why people quit this game? Here is one possible reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New biller server should be paid for with donation money. I would be willing to then donate a matching amount to cover the original donations.
    eph

Comment

Put me in for a benjy as well if this happens.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
        This might be one of the few technical questions in-game that I don't know the answer to but I'm curious what the costs would be in regards to maintaining our own biller? Would we also have to create a "chain of command" so to speak so we have people to contact in the oft chance that the server goes down?
        I already talked to Demonic about this. The cost is very small, around say... $300 a year. That's less than my phone bill every month. I already stated I'd pay $25 a month to have our own billing server so we can get rid of dealing with faggots like Mom who hold grudges against Trenchwars because their shitty zone is dead.

That being said, we have how many thousands sitting around in donation money? $300 a year, with like $6000 sitting there doing nothing? Assuming we never got a single dime more from anyone in donation money, which I find hard to believe, that's decades of server time.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
          How is losing interest in playing because you have lost the ability to connect to people you've made friends with a bad reason? For example, just today I had the opportunity to chat with Jacklyn. Haven't spoken to her for over a year, she didn't know who the hell I was on the name I am using.
          Would this Jacklyn not have recognized you if she saw the name Ephemerall or Ephemeral- or something? No, you're right. It makes much more sense to use a name nobody recognizes when it's absolutely necessary for people to recognize you.

Your "eph" signoff at the end of every post is making much more sense now.

Comment

Working...
          X