Open Letter to Demonic and M_M God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Perhaps TWD shouldn’t be run 24/7/365? Perhaps a plan to better organize/schedule things so players can be online when the things they enjoy are running? Would consolidating some things and not spreading the zone’s population so thin keep it healthier?
    The reason for this change is solid, but the change itself would cause more damage than good. If I log on and TWD isn't happening, I log off. The less incentive I have to log online, the less I will log online. You don't want players who are addicted to the game to devote less time to it because they know something won't be running at a certain time. We want to add incentive to play, not remove it.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...urs&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
      The reason for this change is solid, but the change itself would cause more damage than good. If I log on and TWD isn't happening, I log off. The less incentive I have to log online, the less I will log online. You don't want players who are addicted to the game to devote less time to it because they know something won't be running at a certain time. We want to add incentive to play, not remove it.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...urs&highlight=
      Understood and agreed, I intentionally used some extreme examples in hopes of getting some context. Interestingly enough the TWL and Pub map debacle has basically epitomized exactly the point I have been trying to make. The zone needs to figure out what it wants to do, which features are most important, fix them, fix the processes that surround them so that once fixed they don't get screwed up again with someone making 'running real time changes on-the-fly'. But if we don't fix the processes, anything we fix now is likely to get trashed by the next few 'good ideas' that come along.
      eph

Comment

Quick idea to spice things up with TWD (this seems to be the thread to speak about innovations since M_M and Demonic are directly involved in it, so I'll post it here):

If you gave players another thing to 'achieve' in TWD they would play more. I think you should add some sort of prestige system where every player has a little banner next to their name on TWD site, maybe the first one would be a circle or something, and everytime that they get, say, 100 kills overall in TWDD, the symbol becomes cooler. Maybe there could be something like 50 levels of prestige (like in CoD).

I also think on each TWD page roster there should be leaderboard for warbird, javelin, terrier, spiders, and sharks. So if you’re in top 5 highest killers on your squad in one of the fighter ships, it’s plastered on the roster. I think that can be tied into the prestige system as well. If you are on the leaderboards in top 5 for spider on your squad for over 2 weeks, you get points towards the prestige, for 1 month, more points. The prestige medal stays with you from squad to squad so if you are squadless and a captain wants to see how effective you really are they will know based on your prestige if you are elite (or active, even) or not. For shark/terrier it can be average RPD and average kills/deaths for terr. Or games won. Or both.

There can also be prestige system for captains. When a captain accepts someone to roster it should be logged, to show in the future if that player is a good recruiter or not. If someone accepts games, it should be logged, to see if that person could potentially make a good (A) or (C) in the future. If I have a player on roster but I don’t know much about his leadership history, I cant really make a judgment call about promoting them. Once I see that they are a good recruiter or a good assistant who gets games maybe I’ll know they're worth promoting (or even recruiting). This gives some incentive to bad players to be involved, or spectators, as well, and also gives them purpose on a squad. Someone can be recruited solely because they’re willing to get games or because they’re good at drawing/recruiting other people. Maybe making a recruit who has a high prestige could count more towards the leadership/captain prestige as well.
        Last edited by Pressure; 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

TWD-RPG, sounds interesting though.

Comment

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
            I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
            tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
            im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
            i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Is it possible to make an app that would allow captains to send out limited amounts of text/email chains per day, to rally players on their squad for TWD games?
              Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

Working...
              X