Regaining TW Population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regaining TW Population

SSC servers have been down for what's going on two weeks now and are due to finally come back online tomorrow. The problem? During those two weeks our already diminishing population has broken their routine of logging onto Trench Wars. As we all know this will lead to some sort of population shift, which right now is impossible to tell what kind of effect it will have on the zone.

My Proposition: A gaming night to celebrate the zone of Trench Wars and all we as a zone have overcome to still thrive today.

Money Talks. Let's give players a reason to come back to Trench Wars. I say we get a few people to donate some money (Or use money we already have from donations) and host a mini-marathon of cash events. I'd have no problem contributing a few bucks to this cause. Have someone host a 2v2 WB Tournament, a 2v2 Jav Tournament, and an event or two where the playing field is even so pub players can compete and have a chance to win as well. Advertise this through zoners for a week or so and I believe that the turnout would be pretty strong.

In between cash events host non-cash events. Bring back classics like WW3 if we have enough people.

Non-Deathmatch style events pub players can compete in: Golf, Gatez, ?????????? Need ideas for this one.

I think this would be a great way to bring TW back.
    Most of us have taken extended breaks from Subspace at one point or another only to come back months or even years later to play just as much, if not more than we did before we initially quit. I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas right now to get people to log back on who may have lost desire to play over this two week time span. The only way to get back at the person who attacked our server would be to come back stronger than we were before.
    Last edited by KuleniKs; 04-09-2014, 11:31 PM.

If you want to get cash involved, why not place it in the most popular arena, pub, for once?

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
      If you want to get cash involved, why not place it in the most popular arena, pub, for once?
      I agree with you 100% that pub players have been neglected when it comes to cash events. However, I don't know of any ideas on how to implement anything directly into pub. Therefore, I think somehow we need to figure out a way to bring different non-deathmatch style events into cash giveaways.

Comment

might be able to also set up a series of cross zone events with small cash prizes like $50 or $100 out of the donation money

this way we can actually use some of the money before 24 runs away with all of it
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

We could host hunt or something else in pub, and give prize for that. Such things have been done in the past.
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Advertise that on sunday (maybe the one after the one coming up so we can get notification out). that at 4pm EST we host a standard pub flag room fight (the one that is first to 3 that is always running) every winner of Basing king, Best Terr and Most Veteran Like over the 3 rounds wins either a. $20 b. a lot of space bux. c. Pizza
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I made a thread a few months back about donating $100, having event coordinators host an event of their choosing during the week for $20. Could've had a nice week of activity during a mon-fri one week allowing players who can't log on every day the opportunity to win an event, but it also had to do with players who were newer and had less usage. I guess the event coordinators don't care enough or are just too lazy to figure out how to make this work. I had no responses to my offer.

Comment

Originally posted by KuleniKs View Post
                Money Talks. Let's give players a reason to come back to Trench Wars. I say we get a few people to donate some money (Or use money we already have from donations) and host a mini-marathon of cash events. I'd have no problem contributing a few bucks to this cause. Have someone host a 2v2 WB Tournament, a 2v2 Jav Tournament, and an event or two where the playing field is even so pub players can compete and have a chance to win as well.

These cash events won't work. Not only do only "vets" win them every time, but exploits could be or are being used in them, or its just euro lagrific. And frankly, I lean towards the exploits when explaining them given the symptoms.

As you point out though, one or two where the playing field is leveled, won't do any good anyway. I think it would be better to host 20 or so events over a weekend with $5 win per event if your gonna do something like this.

Solely in the area of events and not "skill" subject to lag or cheating exploits.

4 years ago I wouldve donated over $20,000 in one shot to the zone, now I wouldn't even donate my time frankly, it seems too little too late to even waste my valuable effort preaching things or stating the obvious, that due to incompetence or stubborness results in no effective procedures.

The lev changes constantly, the 10 years of blatant cheats condoned or ignored by mods/staff, the questionable ban extensions, duration, reasoning, among others. Just gives me an overall putrid vibe of the zone now.

But I wish you the best of luck trying whatever you can. I do not wish bad things for this zone regardless of my feelings I wish it to prosper even without me.

Comment

BOOOBBBBS... Where the hell have you been??
                  Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

Originally posted by Dethdefire View Post
                    BOOOBBBBS... Where the hell have you been??

I keep busy my good friend, but prior to a few weeks ago I was on a lot mostly in pub screwing around. Now working and going out mostly nowdays.

Hows it going with you. Hey, do you think Shz from Silent Death hacked the TW servers? You never know lol

Comment

big kulenigs
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

BoobiesYay: Lag will always be an issue no matter what we do, it's unavoidable. Yes, it can be frustrating but ultimately you just have to learn to play alongside it. 20 events with a $5 prize would be a good idea because you can almost lapse that out over days/ a week. Everybody would then have an opportunity to participate and would motivate them to log on during their free time rather than doing something else.

Rasaq/Ricko: I believe your two ideas would work great together. The key to TW being successful is to continue to find new ways to engage public players in the community. For pub events real $ doesn't always need to be the prize, but as Ricko pointed out pub bucks can also be given. Maybe this can become a one day a week thing?

With TWLD finishing soon I think we all agree something new needs to be done to retain our population.

Comment

Originally posted by BooBiesYaY View Post
                          I keep busy my good friend, but prior to a few weeks ago I was on a lot mostly in pub screwing around. Now working and going out mostly nowdays.

Hows it going with you. Hey, do you think Shz from Silent Death hacked the TW servers? You never know lol
                          Things are good man.. Working insane hours these days! Glad to see ya again. It has been some time. Wouldn't that be some shit if it was.. lol
                          Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

This shouldn't be a one day thing. Make it week-long with prizes spread throughout and you'll see people come back and get addicted again. If you give someone drugs for a day, they'll enjoy the day and move on, if you give them drugs for a week, they'll come back begging for more :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                              This shouldn't be a one day thing. Make it week-long with prizes spread throughout and you'll see people come back and get addicted again. If you give someone drugs for a day, they'll enjoy the day and move on, if you give them drugs for a week, they'll come back begging for more :P
                              Bingo. I think you've hit this on the nose. Now how do we make something like this happen?

Comment

Working...
                              X