What staff and people need to do to get the game working effectively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What staff and people need to do to get the game working effectively

This has happened it's no point moaning and whining. Everyone lives in the past moaning about squads. This is a new generation. Names should be reset as well as squads. This is why a lot of players don't play anymore. People download the game and spend 6 or so many times trying to create a taken name and then gets logged out for 3 minutes because of logging in too many times. When they finally get in and realise that they can create squad names and can be a leader and a captain. But no, everyone all squads are taken to.They should limit a player to have a maximum of 3 squads to each name. We need to look into the future and doing slight changes.

I think squads in twd should have scheduled games through the week. At least 2 twd games in each division your team is playing them. Change it to everyone starts off with 1000 and each team wins 100 for each win and a loss of 100 for each defeat.

Public will be open and also open elim, base, wbduel and javduel. Each night there will be 1 game hosted which is zoned out. Each Week there players can vote on which day the money hosted tournament can be hosted.

Now we need to look into the right places to advertise. Maybe adding it as a Facebook game but only to be played on a desktop. And then create an arena that can be played on all networks. That also played can play and we can explain our history etc and try and get them onto the desktop version.

thought you quit?
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

My playing days are over but my love for the game will remain.

Comment

Too much history to just hit one button and reset things.

Comment

How up to date is trenchwars.org staff page?

http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=staff

Owners
          DoCk> (Retired) System Operator
          -TWSites.com
          PriitK (Retired) System Operator

Zone Staff

Pure_Luck System Operator
          M_M God System Operator
          Demonic System Operator
          WingZero System Operator - Dev
          KrynetiX Head of Maps & Development

Staff Coordination

Beasty Dean of Staff
          POiD Dean of Staff

Ban System Operators

Left_Eye Head BanG Operator

Moderators
          A I Asmodeus Azov
          Begz Bubble fiS
          Hydride Kian Magnetic
          Nurse. stark Steep
          zhou

Events and Support

WillBy Head of Event Coordination
          fiS Head of Event Coordination
          Left_Eye Senior Event Coordination
          Kyler Event Coordination
          ShaddowKnight Head of Support Staff

Event Referees
          BWP Board Davie
          Field Lena LF
          Mascarade Paradise Undercut
          In Training
          Fork Fusha <ZH>

Staff Trainers
          Begz Board Flion
          fiS Little SliCk Nurse.
          Up in ya !! WillBy

TWD Staff

Up in ya !! TWD Head Operator

TWD Operators

A I Azov Begz
          Conspiracy disown Johnie
          Magnetic Nurse.

- This is it?

TWL Staff

Reckful TWL Head Operator

TWL Operators

KATC Ricko
          Tiny Undercut

- 4 people?

Marketing and Newplayer Retention

Dezmond Head of Marketing
          L S Assistant Head of Marketing
          Bubble Marketing Team

- What are these 3 doing at the moment to recruit new players for trenchwars?

In Training
          Ek <ZH> Hanz-Poop <ZH> Residue <ZH>
          Shocky <ZH> Solid <ZH>

Public Relations
          Shaddowknight Head of Public Relations

1 person for public relations???

Development Staff

KrynetiX Head TWDev Coordinator
          o)-<| TWDev Web Coordinator
          ThePAP TWDev Bot Coordinator
          qan TWDev Senior Bot Developer
          true_vision TWDev Map Coordinator
          Shaddowknight & M_M God TWDev Forum Maintenance

Event Referees

Biet bwp davie
          field flion Fork
          Fusha <ER> Lena LF
          Paradise rushed Tiny

Zone Helpers

Ek <ZH> Hanz-Poop <ZH> Johnno <ZH>
          LaSenza <Zh> Residue <ZH> Shocky <ZH>
          Solid <ZH>

Cheers,

Rule

Comment

miss u g
            1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
            1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
            1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
            1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
            1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
            1:paradise> alie?

Comment

It's mostly updated. I used to update it every two weeks or so, and even added a header function (so we could link right to certain departments) but someone kept going in after me and uploading their own stafflist, removing it and also having information that isn't up-to-date. After the third time or so I stopped caring, I posted about it on upperstaff forums, got 0 response or anything from anyone who even said about it, so fuck it. Talk to the deans (POiD and Beasty) if you want it to be kept up to date, I'm done caring about it now.

Public Relations: yup, just me. When the position was created it was made to be mostly dealing with the Public Arena, not everything. I just tend to take it on myself to talk to people and let you all know what's up when I actually know about stuff people ask about.

TWD Operators: Yeah, that's actually plenty, it also doesn't include SMODS that can pretty much all do TWD Op stuff. Problem is activity. People have lives, so have to deal with that.

TWL Operators: We had more, but they quit, some more were also brought on. Yeah, it's not exactly great, but is what it is.

Marketing: Right now, it's pretty much dead, as all of the people in it have been generally inactive lately, for one reason or another.

All in all, not that great of a shape. We have a lot of people who are either inactive or partially active (not that I have a problem with not being completely active, I recognize people have lives that is significantly more important than silencing Mango again for racism). This whole DDoS debacle isn't going to help with things either.
              Marketing needs a lot of help right now, so if you want to help out on it, speak up. Previously, people in marketing were still expected to mantain a general staff role, and we had problems with a few people in that. Recently we had mentioned in an upperstaff meeting about giving that department an exemption, as we REALLY need people who can focus on MARKETING instead of all the general staffing junk. As far as I know it's not really "official" yet, but I'd expect it to be if people spoke up wanting to help out.

Well, that's my opinions/response from how I see things at least.
              Last edited by Shaddowknight; 04-11-2014, 07:13 AM.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                It's mostly updated. I used to update it every two weeks or so, and even added a header function (so we could link right to certain departments) but someone kept going in after me and uploading their own stafflist, removing it and also having information that isn't up-to-date. After the third time or so I stopped caring, I posted about it on upperstaff forums, got 0 response or anything from anyone who even said about it, so fuck it. Talk to the deans (POiD and Beasty) if you want it to be kept up to date, I'm done caring about it now.
                Another example of why the zone needs to stop coming up with 'ideas'. Having 'ideas' isn't the problem. The problem is HOW the zone does shit and what Shadow just posted is a perfect example of why simply throwing 'ideas' at the wall won't help anything.

... Marketing needs a lot of help right now, so if you want to help out on it, speak up. Previously, people in marketing were still expected to mantain a general staff role, and we had problems with a few people in that. Recently we had mentioned in an upperstaff meeting about giving that department an exemption, as we REALLY need people who can focus on MARKETING instead of all the general staffing junk. As far as I know it's not really "official" yet, but I'd expect it to be if people spoke up wanting to help out...
                OMG, you mean actually try to change HOW the zone is being managed? This is finally on the right track of what really needs to be done (revisit the inane approach of how staff is hired and promoted).

The Council was the first attempt to change HOW the zone is run. Hopefully it is hard at work behind the scenes because so far nothing appears to be happening at all. Hopefully it will be empowered enough, and have enough sense, to tackle the real strategic management issues that plague the zone. The very last thing the zone needs is the Council to pull some shit like make a thread asking for 'player input' or some other bullshit for generating more ideas. For example, we can all sit here and type in some good 'marketing ideas' that might help the zone. But what good does it do in the context of what Shaddow just pointed out?

One of the biggest issues is staff turnover. High turnover assures that each new generation is unaware of past successes and failures, so almost every 'new idea' isn't and the worst ones recycle every few years. Then we excuse the fuckups because, after all, these people are volunteers. Then the volunteers burn out, some very good people have been lost this way. So WTF good does it do to dream up some new marketing ideas?

So enough with calling for 'new ideas'. The zone doesn't need more 'ideas' for changing ship settings, new maps, new events, new leagues. We need to fix HOW the zone is run. Once that is done THEN solicit new ideas.
                eph

Comment

..so I stopped caring, I posted about it on upperstaff forums, got 0 response or anything from anyone who even said about it, so fuck it. Talk to the deans (POiD and Beasty) if you want it to be kept up to date...
                  that's a red flag
                  Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

The website might soon get it directly from modlist.txt or its fake which could really be a little database. But who knows ;-)

Comment

mod.txt file is in infinately worse shape than the public staff list. I do still try to help keep it cleaned up though, but with every department head going in for their own changes things quickly tend to get overlooked when doing a proper update.
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Hence a database controlled by bot. Never let amateurs edit server files directly :-) Requires own server though.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation Shadow.

Once the zone is up and running again, I think its important that this section of website be updated more regularly, just so the average trencher knows who to talk to when they have an issue or a request (maybe some people can be tasked by Poid or Beasty with helping do this). Staff seems short staffed in some areas, incompetent/understaffed in some (twl) and could use more experienced/active members in other areas. Any talk of expanding staff and bringing in new people to help enhance and improve the zone and leagues?

A bigger, focused and hardworking marketing and recruiting development team could go a long way.

Comment

http://trenchwars.org/index.php?v=staffapplication

Comment

lol, a staff list doesnt change anything
                              TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                              TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                              TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X