-How Pub could look like-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -How Pub could look like-

OK so i got bored and decided to make (in paint) a wackey/ fun appearance of pub... (focusing on new players). An attractive pub should in theory interested these new players. Credit goes to Omega-fire.

Edit: I've been making it on DCME tile editor: So far heres how it looks:

Bottom of base:
    Last edited by Fork; 04-14-2014, 09:42 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Make it happen on a real map, looks interesting.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

I wish :P. Btw i added the jackpot to the image to go with this idea: Make a current Jackpot (pubcash) in pub (visable on screen) which goes up on every kill in flagroom + how long flag is occupied flag for. Both teams can see this. When the round is over- everyone on the winning freq gets 10% of the total money displayed. Jackpot resets to 0 when game is over. ?increase time a squad has to occupy flag for to 4 or 5 mins. Perhaps those who don't kill so many people in base don't get a % of the fund to prevent afk people from getting loads of money/ or people joining in just before round is over. This jackpot idea should make it more fun because people will try and make games last longer (purposely give flag away) so the jackpot increases more.
      Last edited by Fork; 04-11-2014, 08:05 AM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

We also need a spawnsafezone!
        +Whenever the bots are down (50% of the time), we don't have to fly ALL the way up from spawn to base ( see picture below )
        Whenever a freq just got 1 terrier and this terrier quits, most likely this freq will loose.
        Because you are forced to fly all the way up what can take away lots of flagtime. 9/10 times half of this freq esc + quites because their terr quit
        +People can choose if theyll want to base or hang around in spawn, free choice
        +It's a fact that new players got a hard time finding base, this problem would be solved ( see picture below )
        +Simply don't get spawned

-Problem might be the levis, theyll get too fast in base. Solution: different spawn coords
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

?go base

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
            ?go base
            you ever login bro?
            when was the last time u played a basegame in base
            gotta take actions with the population we got now
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Problem with the spawnsafe there waz is people will just camp it. Putting it between that and the bar could work though. We could also have freqs 2 and 3 spawn closer or in base, and have the pubbot keep players off of it when its up. Decent idea, but needs some work.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaaa.nl
                you ever login bro?
                when was the last time u played a basegame in base
                gotta take actions with the population we got now
                That's why. Events focusing entirely on basing have died, time to see people want variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                  Make it happen on a real map, looks interesting.
                  working on it (for fun)... still alot to do but heres my progress:

Comment

Looks nice as map (although nothing can beat ari :P). But try to remove those "round corners". Game engine does not support it and neither does playerbase. Was subject of heavy complaining every time someone came up with round/45 degree corners, graphical elements which serve no purpose but look like walls or walls you can fly through. Keep going though, there seems to be some talent.

Comment

please download photoshop fork, lmao.
                      TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                      TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                      TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                        Looks nice as map (although nothing can beat ari :P). But try to remove those "round corners". Game engine does not support it and neither does playerbase. Was subject of heavy complaining every time someone came up with round/45 degree corners, graphical elements which serve no purpose but look like walls or walls you can fly through. Keep going though, there seems to be some talent.
                        I'll see if I can get away with some of these 45 degree walls being tiles that u can fly through (that give the spike appearance). I'll just mess around adjusting things to make it so people wont really moan about these special walls but equally trying to keep a cool appearance that I think is needed for new player retention. I think if I can complete a map to almost perfection, I can work on another cool style so maps can alternate every month idk.

Comment

Working...
                        X