Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Aim

http://www.subspace.co/topic/27409-mouse-aim/

I posted a thread and am waiting for input from important SS people, but as for the general players, what do you think about mouse aim in TW? (Video in link)

I think if we add mouse aim then we ought to add accelerometer support so we can steer ships by titling our tablets! (But we can't change the client code?)
    eph

Comment

You don't need to change the client code, pretty much just map the inputs to the right key commands, Similar with how you can do it with a PS3/XBox360 remote.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Have either of you guys watched the video? Ship following the mouse can't be achieved with key maps.

Comment

I watched the video, and i'm surprised how smooth it is. How is it done? I imagine actually playing with mouse would feel awkward and hard to play with until you get used to it.
          ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
          ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
          ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

I think it's a great idea.
            Only downside would be getting used to the slower ship rotation settings in TW catching up to your mouse.

Probably wouldn't use it, but if it's enough to bring more players... I'm all for it.
            Vatican As> fukin zizzo uis head fuin tribal couneil meber and doesnt do shit
            Vatican As> wife came in and was like hey can u pls put fan in my room and i was like hey can u pls suck my dick and i didnt look ovber but im pretty sure she didbt suck myduick

Comment

Would be a first step to go for the tablet/phone market. Worth a try but would need arena settings adjusted for it, doubt TW would be a good place for it due to lots of pixel exact shots.

Comment

Krynetix some details on how it's done are posted on the subspace.co forum. It definitely was awkward when i tried it. Especially dodging because you usually have your ship pointing away from the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                X