No announcement yet.

TWD design change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's at least a couple of things for you to consider, demonic. simple ideas that could be further improved by someone and my personal opinion on the current roster limits / why it should be removed, although i didn't go too much into detail on that one.

EDIT: it seems like this edit feature is broken for me half the time. i'll try to catch you online later, i'm not online all that much myself (even if i leave my computer on, all that wasted energy). not like it's an urgent matter otherwise i would've just asked you to PM me on the forums.
    Last edited by Turban; 04-26-2014, 05:18 AM.

Comment

added something to my old post, almost no one had read it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by but...why...per... View Post
        Double squadding will never work. Not only would it be a bitch to code, there would be too many cases of a conflict of interest. Secondary squads would become feeder squads for the Primary squad. The whole system would be open to abuse hence why the rule was invented.
        there is only one way for double squadding to actually work in a beneficial way. we could add training/farm squads to TWD with a separate ladder system that would have no affect on the real ladder. heck, they could even be combined with existing squads, allowing the main squad to play against players on the farm squad (basically, inhouse games with rounds) with captains being able to add people to the farm roster list. i don't know, something like that. either way matches featuring farm squads should give no points to the winner. it would be a way to train your new players and help them get used to each others play styles. it would be the same system as the old private arena matches, but in arenas with bots ready and aftermatch stats displaying in games played/player statistics.

however, i don't think now is the right time to consider these kind of changes. priorities, dudes. fix other things first.

(we could even have the option to add players without a squad to the games, similar to a pickup)
        Last edited by Turban; 04-26-2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Right because if you did have the 8-10players to do the practicing with, it is not like you wouldn't be able to use wbduel/javduel/base (once you have caps) to organise it how you wish currently? Or if you did want to be a little a little more private about it, it is not like you can ask a staff member to set a bot up for you?

And doublesquadding will strip away the rivalries between squads and make rankings even more meaningless, further diluting competition. Player identity would be lost and we may as well just do away with squads all together and just do wbduel/javduel/base because only the better players of the zone would get any game time.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

how would player identity be lost? you wouldn't be allowed to alias, you would only be allowed to use the same name. these training squads would be exactly what the name means; to train new squads and get them involved in competitive games. if your squad doesn't have an opponent to play against, you could have a scrimmage against your own squad in a 3vs3 match.

sure, you can do those things in private arenas or javduel/wbduel. however, this was only meant to be a quality-of-life improvement to consider in the future, although it would most likely fail due to trolls and egoistical players trying to ruin its true purpose: train your new players.

of course there should be simple limits like one "seasoned" twd player limit per match on the training squad side to prevent any form of "abuse" in the new ladder system if there was one. too bad this is unlikely to ever happen.

i also think hogging the javduel or wbduel arenas is a bit selfish move from a squad, especially if others want to play as well. not to mention those arena(s) lack a lot of the things that would be added into the training squad structure if it was in TWD, such as detailed aftermatch statistics, individual player stats you could track, option to reward players for their recent performance and a new ladder system.

anyways, it's not a current topic. that's why i didn't go into great detail about it and still won't do that. hell, it's probably something we can't even consider unless we have a sudden influx of new players. anyways, my bad for being a bit unclear. getting a bit drowsy due to lack of sleep + work combination.

EDIT: why the fuck is my save button in edit broken half the time. took like 5 attempts to save this one.
            Last edited by Turban; 04-26-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I meant player identity in terms of what squad they belong to, perhaps squad identity may have been more appropriate. Rule has said it far more eloquently in previous threads on the topic of double squadding. But my point is this: most of what you ask for already is possible/exists and does not require a huge overhaul of the current established system.

Only a few things need to be done at the moment, which is a ladder reset and some incentive to play - possibly like the top 4 squads competing in a mini tournament in each league for a wb/jav/spider/base/fighter cup or even the draft tournament coming back. <These are only suggestions, but would be simple enough to do over 5 weekends. I'm not sure all would work, especially twdt since I never took part in it.

I agree switching to the ASSS server, pub and advertising are more pressing matters that require attention but the above would need to be announced soon or at the end of TWL in order for it to be successful.

Hence why I still think it would be good to have a calendar on the homepage detailing these main events, but perhaps that is being overly optimistic.
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

You may feel twd is perfect (unless you start getting in shit loads of players) but atm i see squads logging on... they challenge every squad going and they can't get any games going. They instantly get bored and leave game. Allow squads to challenge the public keeps squads online... because at least they can get a game anytime 24/7

...Players don't need to double squad because squads challenging the world would make players feel like they are double squadding, but they aren't . If they can't get this in twd then ?another arena like ?go javduel/ ?go wbduel but ?could ruin the fun for players that like to see random people vs random people in them arenas.

Also (like i mentioned before) there would be nothing wrong with adding a squad wallet (or fund) to twd so captains:
                -set a pay-rate for each round for each player
                -set a pay-rate for each game Won for each player
                buy things like maybe: loan a player for 1 match (expensive).
                ^all these stuff come out of the squad wallet which captains/ assistants play pub to gather money and donate pub money into the squad wallet.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                  i saw lasenza <zh> yesterday. is that a joke? LOL...yeah go ahead and make the biggest trashtalking douchebag a staff member and further separate staff from the public.
                  You're acting like he's Oder or Beam or something.
                  Thank goodness we got rid of beam though, at least now he can be a complete fucktard freely.
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

u let that racist idiot in staff?
                    lol@u
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                      You're acting like he's Oder or Beam or something.
                      Is that comparison supposed to make it better or something? Seriously?
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

As long as he behaves, I don't how his last is a problem. If that were true Hydride wouldnt be on staff either.
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

might as well hire 2pacz too then right?
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

If he decides to pull his head out of his ass, maybe in a few years.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              might as well hire 2pacz too then right?
                              Are you kidding me bro, I'd be a better staffer than this tranny lasenza, plus I've owned zones before done sysop,smod and mod and I know esc+c . That doesn't mean I wanna staff at TW, cause they are the ones that need to get the head out their asses not me.

You can hop off my nuts cres but in reality let this lasenza do his thing and wait for him to abuse the powers matter of time before he gets axed. If you so worried about who gets hired why don't you hire the staff members take over beasty's position since u so butthurt about who should be on staff or not.
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                does it really surprise you that a guy acting like a girl ended up on staff.
                                You talking about Left_Eye right aka Vincent?
                                https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X