Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play subspace using Direct2D (New experimental resizer feature)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play subspace using Direct2D (New experimental resizer feature)

As the title says, just wanted to share that there's a new Continuum Resizer feature that renders Continuum with Direct2d. What does that mean? Well Direct2d is the modern way to paint 2d graphics, so you can say bye to the ancient 2001 continuum technology. It'll improve processor usage (helpful for laptop players) and the game looks buttery smooth now.

Feel free to play around and report feedback in the official thread. http://www.subspace.co/topic/26338-c...izer-feedback/

I know a few people who could really benefit from this. Thanks!
    Former TW Staff

Comment

This mod sounds pretty good, but I saw on the tutorial video that windowed mode is not supported. Any chance it will be supported in the future? If I have Continuum up at work I have it in windowed mode so I can easily switch back and forth between it and whatever else I'm working on. Thanks.
      Head of Public Relations
      SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

Try it block, full screen mode is a bit different in this (easy to tab between and can have another window on top even in full screen).

Another note for this - you can change the resolution to whatever you want. I've set it to obscene resolutions where half the map is visible on screen and I can't even read the text even after changing it to extra large font in the options.

Comment

mouseclick aim/shooting? TWLD championship here i come
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

@the block - like dral said, full screen mode behaves exactly the same as windowed mode. alt-tab instantly.

Comment

Gives me an error about it not being a valid Win32 application. Also the .Net 4.5 isn't supported on Windows XP.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

Thats because you are a giant faggot shadow.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Also who the fuck uses XP anymore.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

XP still second most used version of Windows.
                    Source
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Decided to test out the mouse aim to see if it was easier or if it actually helped. Used the exact same players to test:

Without mouse aim:

First 30mins

Kills: 42 Deaths: 23

After 30mins

Kills 39 Deaths: 28

With mouse aim:

First 30mins

Kills: 28 Deaths 42

After 30mins (prolly more like an hour)

Kills: 61 Deaths: 16

Its really hard to get into the habit, its not just point and click as the "aimer" which you can put anywhere on the screen doesn't take into account ship movement, also control horizontal movement on the mouse as a right handed player and keyboard arrow keys for thrust is difficult to get into the hang of. Once I switched mouse to left hand however, and practiced leading the target aim this really took off. On a res of 1920 I literally didn't miss long range shots, and its harder to dodge close range as the mouse follows quicker then normal arrow keys for the small dodge movements. I think based on that anyone who practices with it, will have a massive advantage in any LD games. Its downside is it does make dodging up close a little harder, so you would really need to utilise your range abilities (mid-range shots).

Probably not the best person to test jav but I did give it a go:

Without Mouse aim:

Kills 22 Deaths 41

With Mouse aim:

Kills 38 Deaths 33

Improved with Kills, but deaths didn't feel much better to me personally. It does make the aim through the holes a lot easier, but would love to know how a proper jav does with this.

Comment

Interesting results! By the way you can remap any keys aside from: <- (left arrow), -> (right arrow), ctrl, and tab. My mouse aim keyboard setup was using W and S for thrusting forward and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasal View Post
                          Interesting results! By the way you can remap any keys aside from: <- (left arrow), -> (right arrow), ctrl, and tab. My mouse aim keyboard setup was using W and S for thrusting forward and back.
                          Really didn't sound like you could from the instructions, so never tried. Would have made it easier.

Comment

Surprised how the sysop and zone owner of the zone doesn't know about this, this has been out since 2013 of last year. Maybe if you had learned to do you're job better Demonic and visited other sites such as subspace.co you would have made the effort to make a thread about this.

Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows XP and the idiots who actually still have it, usually have it pirated example: Shaddowknight. Also shaddowknight if you had visited the original thread on subspace.co about this program, you would have known it doesn't work on windows XP learn to research before you post, don't know why you have gotten the job you have with that foolishness just pure embarrassment, no wonder you are a the class clown of trenchwars staff and have posts all over trash talk.

Comment

They look smooth to me, since I got a graphics card.. yeah.. cool post though
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X