Fix Pub teamkilll process and train staff correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    And the voice of reason has arrived back.
    IMO there are many possible solutions but the current ‘watching’ process has to be the lamest possible one. Human factor? Come on. It not only puts a extra burden on staff but also puts them in a position to make a subjective decisions. This is an issue that needs to be quantified; whether or not it is automated is not as important as this. It is a number. If the team-kill occurs X amounts of times within X amount of minutes then action should be taken.

I concur that ship reset is a bit drastic and as Qan points out there are other ways to penalize the behavior. The warning should be automated to the team-killer, the current system of notifying player who got team-killed doesn’t serve much purpose. And of course staff should be able to see the number of team-kills that have occurred in the last X minutes no matter what happens. No one should be forced to sit there and ‘watch’. A series of increasing punishments seems quite reasonable and a far better solution.

First Team-Kill; Warning to player
    Second Team-Kill; Additional warning that next team-kill will result in action
    Third Team-Kill; Warning, ship warped to lower safe, unable to reattached to any terr for X minutes. Staff notified
    Fourth Team-Kill; Warning, ship lock to Wb, lanc, terr, or spider for X minutes. Staff notified

And to deal with those players who exploit the rule by intentionally getting team-killed, THEN use the ‘watch’ approach. If this is happening THEN allow players to use a ?cheater call to report what is going down. This puts staff in a position to only have to deal with the rare exception as opposed to having to respond to the current endless ?cheater calls.
    Eph
    Remembering that bots cannot tell the difference between intentional and unintentional, this is the problem. Now I know there may be people who can create bots that can understand and control TKing a bit better but we simply do not have this luxury in our game.

The bots are just that, bots. They have no rational thought, if you tell a bot to shiplock after 4 teamkills regardless of intention, every single shark would end up in ship lock for nothing.

I never try to TK but every time I am in a jav I somehow manage to.

I don't see the human part of it as anything other than necessary.

What is needed is a deterrent, because like I mentioned, the ship lock times doesn't seem to bother players at all unless it is somewhere between 1-7 days. The punishments should be a bit harsher for certain repeat offenders.

Maybe have like Category B players for the default players and if a player is continuing to TK / spam / be racist / etc a lot, move them up to Category A with harsher punishments for offences.
    Trench Wars Staff
    Staff Trainer
    TWL Operator
    Full Time Legend

sigpic

Comment

9th,
      Seriously? Are you really staff?
      So what if you accidently kill someone in a jav every time you play it? You get warned, simply knock it off. I play shark all the time and don't team-kill a lot of people. (I am not even sure that this should apply to sharks.) And the point is exactly that a Bot can't tell between an intentional and unintentional team-kill. Did you even read my post? Obviously you did not understand it. If you don't have anything productive to add, please step aside. We don't need anyone to point out that Bots 'have no rational thoughts'. Re-read Qan's last paragraph and then ask your self why current staffers don't have more power. Your post epitomizes the reason why.

The zone is managed in 'crisis' mode instead of leadership. Anyone with leadership qualities sees the connections between things and does not just see the problems and try to Band-Aid them. I suggest that you get some experience before posting again. We don't need staffers who build obstacles, we need staffers who can lead properly. But thank you for proving my point that many staffers need some serious re-training.
      Eph

Comment

I am not a developer so the following may sound a little stupid but I'd be interested to know if it is possible to change the settings so that bombs/repped mines do not damage team mates at all? (But still harm the enemy as normal)

The setting would only be applied to pub (since that is the only place TK's are complained about) and would do away with TK's altogether.

The main problem I can see with this idea is that it could drastically change the dynamics of pub:
        LT's would likely become more common and trying to kill 2 or 3 base levis could become too challenging especially for newer players.
        The other main issue with this change is that pub wouldn't be in tune with the rest of TW.

But if possible it could stop TKing once and for all.
        killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by but...why...per... View Post
          could become too challenging especially for newer players.
          What new players ???? Nothing left besides 10yr vets and 1 by 1 they are slowly vanishing . Tired of hearing about these dumb ass ideas. They will change nothing. If you want the zone to live STOP WASTING YOUR FUCKING TIME MAKING RETARDED RULES AN SUCH ... MARKET THE FUCKING GAME, THATS WHAT WE DONATED MONEY FOR..

Comment

Originally posted by but...why...per... View Post
            I am not a developer so the following may sound a little stupid but I'd be interested to know if it is possible to change the settings so that bombs/repped mines do not damage team mates at all? (But still harm the enemy as normal)

The setting would only be applied to pub (since that is the only place TK's are complained about) and would do away with TK's altogether.

The main problem I can see with this idea is that it could drastically change the dynamics of pub:
            LT's would likely become more common and trying to kill 2 or 3 base levis could become too challenging especially for newer players.
            The other main issue with this change is that pub wouldn't be in tune with the rest of TW.

But if possible it could stop TKing once and for all.
            Friendly fire is built into the game, and we can't change it.
            The bots also can not tell if a bomb/mine is repped, which is another complication that we have to remember.
            I feel the least-invasive solution is for continual teamkillers to be set on an auto-alert on login and unspec (a bot could track if a staff member is actually watching, with periodic reminders to keep it "alive", otherwise automatically send a ?cheater call for it.)
            It would let us proactively watch a player, with a backup in case they wander off or need to leave (which would resend the call). It's not foolproof, as times when no staffers are around would still be an issue, but it would allow for a constant watch on the hit-and-run intentional teamkillers, potentially catching them before they hit. It also prevents us from punishing innocent people for the abuse of others.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

The last few times ive logged into the game theres only like 3 arenas with people in it anyways, are you telling me that the 100 staff members we have can't watch the 300 players we have in the 3 arenas that have people in it?
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                The last few times ive logged into the game theres only like 3 arenas with people in it anyways, are you telling me that the 100 staff members we have can't watch the 300 players we have in the 3 arenas that have people in it?
                Sadly, that is the case my friend.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo l

i mean its redundant to echo mtine but unfortunately this is apparently the case.

edit: yo this just reminded me of something ive been noticing, are there even ER's in this zone anymore?
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

There are, but they have no tags anymore because they wanna be like "normal ppl" now. #stealthmode #weasels
                    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

How hard is it to switch freq's or TK the tker?

These things almost always resolve themselves within 5 to 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X