Public Input for Elim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Input for Elim

I'm going to preface this by saying upper staff has had couple of extensive meetings lately to make some major legitimate changes to help the zone on issues that are long overdue on being addressed. That said, Myself and Spawnisen have been tasked with formulating and executing a plan to vastly improve the current elim system. Right now the current issues with elim seem to stem around the arenas being merge into 1 arena and the lack of a warm up area causing players to lose interest and leave when they die out. These seem to be the 2 biggest issues in the players eyes from the other thread. At our first meeting we identified somethings from our perspective to work on improving as well here is a combined list.

• Separate elim arenas back into elim and baseelim.
    • Add a warm a warm up area to both maps that players can freely enter during games.
    • Better stat tracking ingame perhaps add a twd style scoreboard to round ends.
    • Evaluate the current status of elim.
    • Brainstorm the possibility of adding medals/achievements (or in short, incentives) for players.
    • Season resets (cycles)
    • Better recognition for top players.
    • Possibility of adding lvz for winners in the elim arena.

This is our attempt to seriously help fix and overhaul the current elim system. This is not the entirety of what were willing to do any good idea that is possible with our current resources can and will be considered. Once the new elim system is fixed and launched I'm also going to look towards an elim based mini tournament to help spark interest in things again. So I open the floor to you the players to help fix this the right way.
    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
    1:fiS> LOL
    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

This is fantastic. It's especially exciting to see that you guys are seriously considering re-separating the arenas. Putting baseelim back the way it was could then be a way to find out how to make improvements to each type of elim individually.

Comment

These seem to be good changes. One problem that always comes up is lag limits. Perhaps we could lower the limits for elim (and other arenas)?

Comment

So warbirds are like white people and javelins are like black people, the javs need to have their own arena. Basers are like women, they should be baking pies.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Too bad nothing is gonna happen.
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Do all this stuff in the least complicated way possible. Do it by the end of the year. Profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              Do all this stuff in the least complicated way possible. Do it by the end of the year. Profit.
              Best Christmas joke I ever heard.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Ideas to consider (inspiration only)

1) For the elim area (warbirds) would be cool to make the small waiting area bang in the middle inside the dd area itself... that way people could actual see a little bit of the game while in the area. Players playing could go next to this area to "show off" :P

Would be harder to do the same in the baseelim arena since people could kill javs in game...

2) Probably impossible when no coders are on... but when people are in this warm up area- on their screen tells them how many players are left (this would be very helpful because it would prevent players from speccing alot to find out if game is almost over yet.
                Last edited by Fork; 11-24-2014, 04:46 PM.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post

• Separate elim arenas back into elim and baseelim.
                  • Add a warm a warm up area to both maps that players can freely enter during games.
                  • Better stat tracking ingame perhaps add a twd style scoreboard to round ends.
                  • Evaluate the current status of elim.
                  • Brainstorm the possibility of adding medals/achievements (or in short, incentives) for players.
                  • Season resets (cycles)
                  • Better recognition for top players.
                  • Possibility of adding lvz for winners in the elim arena.

• dissecting the tiny population we have into two smaller factions is a terrible idea. Maybe coding the bot to only allow so many wb/jav games in a row and throwing back in the random elim pick might better suffice than this idea.
                  • If you are going to put effort into better stat tracking, could we please get a small effort of perhaps updating the twl stats that we have been trying to find someone with the ability to do for 10 years+? If you have indeed found someone, please please please direct his efforts toward TWL first.
                  • I would suggest taking the ability to !reset names away or possibly have a 1 week reset duration kind of like twd but modified and reseting the elim once a month and getting rid of the inactive rankers who haven't played in a year and possibly adding a very small minimum usage of 10 hrs or such to keep people from abusing? This may entice people to play again or atleast play more if their stats reset monthly.
                  • I think maybe adding a system of medals separate of twl medals (similar to what TWD is working on) would also bulster activity would be nice too. Maybe put twd heads together on this idea and could be a addition to both elim and twd
                  • Just an idea, but we don't use levis or weasels anymore in elim really, maybe we could use this ship to add an additional 2 ships much like the nightwasp or w/e that ship use to be for the highest ranked person in the arena? This could be maybe a different skin (not different ship) that wopuld change the color of the original wb/jav for only the top ranked player in the arena.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                    • dissecting the tiny population we have into two smaller factions is a terrible idea. Maybe coding the bot to only allow so many wb/jav games in a row and throwing back in the random elim pick might better suffice than this idea.
                    • If you are going to put effort into better stat tracking, could we please get a small effort of perhaps updating the twl stats that we have been trying to find someone with the ability to do for 10 years+? If you have indeed found someone, please please please direct his efforts toward TWL first.
                    • I would suggest taking the ability to !reset names away or possibly have a 1 week reset duration kind of like twd but modified and reseting the elim once a month and getting rid of the inactive rankers who haven't played in a year and possibly adding a very small minimum usage of 10 hrs or such to keep people from abusing? This may entice people to play again or atleast play more if their stats reset monthly.
                    • I think maybe adding a system of medals separate of twl medals (similar to what TWD is working on) would also bulster activity would be nice too. Maybe put twd heads together on this idea and could be a addition to both elim and twd
                    • Just an idea, but we don't use levis or weasels anymore in elim really, maybe we could use this ship to add an additional 2 ships much like the nightwasp or w/e that ship use to be for the highest ranked person in the arena? This could be maybe a different skin (not different ship) that wopuld change the color of the original wb/jav for only the top ranked player in the arena.
                    No
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

to be honest, our first step should be the separation of both arenas. they should be reverted back to the way it used to be several years ago. the arenas were merged as an attempt to make a mega elimination arena, one where you would always get to play a round of elimination, but in truth it ruined the warbird eliminations almost completely. they had little to no chance of getting to play their types of rounds due to the rather large amount of active javelin players.

when this has been accomplished, there is a need for hard reset periods in both elimination arenas. these dates should be announced beforehand, and the players who manage to get a high ranking (as an example, top five) during a scorereset period could be given a small reward of some sorts along with their names being displayed in the arena as the best players of that time period.

i would suggest removing the !scorereset feature due to it making ranking less legitimate as it gives you an unlimited amount of tries to get a higher ranking.

new statistics would be nice for detailed player information and activity graphs. there could as well be detailed round statistics displaying the information of every round, such as who played in the round and their average ratings, who killed whom and at what range - similar to how TWD handles it.

Comment

I think the removal of !scorereset would be good as it stops people being able to rec so much and exaggerate their stats. I'm all for this re-vamp, elim used to be THE place to get noticed and to practice your skills, let's get back to making elim a huge part of our zone, and that starts with these fixes.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

**Edit: I hit reply with quote on Tiny's post but it didn't work. Meh mobile browser.**
                          Your idea about implementing a 10 hr usage requirement reminded me of the 30+ hour usage requirement before being able to play elim, and I think your suggestion would be good to have for both arenas. It would allow people to alias and also give pub some play time with their new name to balance out the presence of new names, pub occupancy vs elim occupancy. Good idea sir. However I disagree with your other suggestions because TWL might be important because its season is the main player attractor, but elim has its own presence and is just as important, if not moreso, because it has the most loyal player base outside of pub where people with skill can play against others with skill without having to wait for TWL, or someone to start a javduel or a wbduel.

I am pointing out the obvious to suggest that if what you suggested is successful in elim, then it could have a better chance of being successful in Twl. Elim should come first because it is not seasonal.
                          Last edited by Fem.; 12-02-2014, 04:22 AM.

Comment

In the end, I want what is best for elim like all of us do. I am just not convinced splitting the arenas would be beneficial to the warbird population like you think for a couple of reasons. These are just my personal experience and biased opinions.

It is fairly obvious that the javelin population is larger and more competitive than the warbird as we saw this twl season having 6 teams that could have won any game any day against anyone. The javs typically outman the warbird population in the arena and typically when wb gets voted its because some jav is running elim streaks.

In my opinion, the javelin skill spread is not quite as large as the warbird spread, which deters lesser quality players from wanting to play elim with the mythrils/lasenzas/apok etc etc. It's easier to get lucky with 3 bullets and bombs with a blast radius than that of a tiny bullet, and I feel its an easier curve to learn how to get good enough in jav to get a few kills and want to keep playing as opposed to being kited to death by the seasoned wbs. This is a moot point anyway because I don't think we are getting any new players anyways. I could go into more detail, but you get the gist, and again this is my personal opinion that I don't mean to offend with.

In short...

Jav pop is larger
                            javs have a smaller standard deviation of skill difference
                            Jav arena has smaller arena with shorter games and more opportunity to play more elims (nothing kills elim more than a warbird to 10 game)

Splitting the arenas would give elim (wbs) smaller pockets of games and also more intimate games as opposed to an arena full of people and strays. The smaller games would also weed out the talent that much more as it would create more room for 1v1 which is not good for less talented players. Baseelim was more popular than elim and splitting them you would find this out quickly.

I think we should seek better ways to get equal play time in elim rather than jumping into splitting arenas. This coming from the more popular of the two factions.
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

elim is something i was very passionate about for many years but i gave up on elim years ago if you look in my sig i have my elim stats from old elim database i have played more elim then 99% of the people out there. i really loved the game but the one major thing that did it for me was the rating system totally sucks and one person was working on it till some people i won't mention cried for the old way

i don't know but doubt it has been change in recent years i am not quite sure exactly how it works but seems to rely on ratio and once you have a bad record forget about it may as well make a new name. people will get a good record then just sit on top of the rankings and not play that's retarded. you should have to defend your rung like yahoo ladder system if didn't play you would lose a rung every so many days irregardless of what your rating is. could even keep the current rating system and run the main board rankings off rungs like yahoo ladder system. they have rating and rungs, rating for regular rooms and rungs for the ladder rooms which are more competitive. if you lose you only lose 1 rung if you win you would go halfway to the rung from you or if lower so many wins would grant a rung unless top ten then changed. so if rung 100 beat rung 1 they would become 50 and 1 would become 2

the rating system needs to reward playing players not people who get some record and never play again

also someone said about the season warbirds tooling on newbs. its not that easy in bigger games because my main goal of elim and i know others did the same would be to ignore the new players and hunt the rankers and better players who victimize new players. god that was so much fun
                              Last edited by Spacely; 12-01-2014, 10:41 PM.
                              %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                              4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

Working...
                              X