possible additions to pub map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible additions to pub map

in subspace just like real life the fighter jet that can pull the most gravity usually should win the dog fight.

do you think adding "skill boxes" for practicing to pub map would be cool? it would help newer players gain ship control and could type tips around them like always use up+down for reverse because more efficient.

for ship and throttle control

the type of boxes i am thinking of would mainly help practice ship control. like one could be that first box in ?go balance that has nothing in it just the portals around it and people could try to enter it and float in the middle the hard way facing left or right much as possible and using up+down for reverse and never letting go of the up arrow (for throttle control practice) this is really good for basic ship control and would make more people practice i bet. one i try now is that green box after you duel in pub if had a colored block in middle of each wall and bounce off them in diamond pattern without turning the ship or little as possible(takes throttle control)((never letting go of up arrow and toggling up,up+down,up,up+down at different rhythms to make less then top speed))

for ship control and bounce control

could use them boxes from ?go balance rows 5 and 6(stronger gravity) or something similar and have rules to do it in 4 steps 1 entrance land on the bar in middle and soft as possible 2 progress to the middle and stop 3 get to the end of the bar stop 4 exit box. once you get it down then try to master it getting smoother and smoother

possible aim

don't know if possible to code moving rocks but make some type of shooting channels or something but only if could code something to make like the rocks move so could have a like circle of rocks passing the shoot lane could also use portals so have to fight gravity while shooting at the rocks down the shoot lane

*edit* or if can't code moving rocks or will mess with pub bot then probably just making some tight shooting channels and wider ones around them just maneuvering versus gravity to get the shot down the row to hit a still rock might be good enough with timing the aim

================================================== ============================

i think this would be good for the community because there is plenty of room on pub map to do this and might become a little competitive possibly like a mini game. there is no doubt that if these boxes was used and had tip and rules typed around them that it would definitely make new player skill level jump in leaps and bounds will put them light years ahead of gaining ship , throttle, and bounce control on their own because they are constantly fighting the gravity to maneuver the ship to do what they want they will learn at an accelerated rate compared to just tooling around pub, elim, and other places maneuvering versus players

thank you for your time

laters Spacely
    Last edited by Spacely; 12-30-2014, 01:54 PM. Reason: aim additon
    %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
    4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Frankly, I don't think you can convince dev to follow this idea and dump a ton of other projects for it. So the choice you have is create a map including this stuff and ask people if they like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
      Frankly, I don't think you can convince dev to follow this idea and dump a ton of other projects for it. So the choice you have is create a map including this stuff and ask people if they like it or not.

except for the aiming one its all already existing areas of maps that make for good practice and build skills quickly but aren't officially made for skill building nor has trenchwars provided any training materials for new players. ship, throttle and bounce control are the biggest problems a new player must over come to find this game enjoyable especially versus and older player base.

the question is if the dev's think this would help new players build skill a lot quicker making them more likely to stay and enjoy the game.

plus who wants to practice in an empty arena

except for aiming concept the other ones could be cut and pasted to pub map there is plenty of room and then set freqs to join for that box

i truly believe this could help keep new players because no one will enjoy a game they feel dyslexic playing
      %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

Comment

I support this 100%
        Captain of Blind

Comment

I don't see how this is better practice than just playing the game.

Comment

we have tons of free space in the public arena that could be used for small things such as this idea. it would be rather simple to implement as all we would need is a new map layout with practice areas. we could have the bot warp players of a certain frequency to the designated area.

pressure suggested wbduel, javduel and base to be added to the public which would be an option as well, although it might generate too much spam and confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              we have tons of free space in the public arena that could be used for small things such as this idea. it would be rather simple to implement as all we would need is a new map layout with practice areas. we could have the bot warp players of a certain frequency to the designated area.

pressure suggested wbduel, javduel and base to be added to the public which would be an option as well, although it might generate too much spam and confusion.
              Just like when to do !np in javduel etc....and it takes u to a different freq, you could add that feature for people playing jav/wbduel in pub and the bot could be set to priv message or freq message people instead of pub chat to reduce spam. (if you go that route)
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                I don't see how this is better practice than just playing the game.
                because to fight gravity you have to constantly maneuver at an accelerated rate

Comment

Originally posted by Spacely View Post
                  because to fight gravity you have to constantly maneuver at an accelerated rate
                  That's what she said

Comment

Originally posted by parson View Post
                    I support this 100%
                    And maybe a easy to access list of all of the items you can buy with pub bux
                    The commands to join squads or use the bot in arena's general commands not all of them
                    Maybe for shts and giggles and i dont know how much it would take to add the line in but rainbow thrusters for the winner of a 1v1 match for like 45 secs or something after just something intresting to pull more people into duelin in pub
                    New Banner contest for new banners to get people signed up
                    Oh and maybe a little walkthrou on setting up keys for other ships in profile menu
                    If its possible some new sound gif's or some type of tiny file maybe a wav. for some new sounds in the arena get someone to say boooya for 50k bup bux lol or randy savage ohhhhh yeaaaa for the same price
                    I could go on but i think thats too much already

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                      And maybe a easy to access list of all of the items you can buy with pub bux
                      The commands to join squads or use the bot in arena's general commands not all of them
                      Maybe for shts and giggles and i dont know how much it would take to add the line in but rainbow thrusters for the winner of a 1v1 match for like 45 secs or something after just something intresting to pull more people into duelin in pub
                      New Banner contest for new banners to get people signed up
                      Oh and maybe a little walkthrou on setting up keys for other ships in profile menu
                      If its possible some new sound gif's or some type of tiny file maybe a wav. for some new sounds in the arena get someone to say boooya for 50k bup bux lol or randy savage ohhhhh yeaaaa for the same price
                      I could go on but i think thats too much already

Other stuff

-Perhaps we could also buy sounds that play some music (that everyone hears)- 20-40 seconds (expensive because you don't want to piss everyone off)

-Captains on new player squads get x amount of spacepux for each recruit on their new squad (more money for newer players)/ or for each twd game they get.

-Players who had a high bounty before dying can get their bounty back (one time only) for a large amount of money (public message is show to prevent people getting confused why their bounty is back)- higher the bounty the more money it costs to revive their bounty.

-You can steal money from other people in pub :O .....Public message is shown when a player is successful (Fork has robbed rednaz for $30,000 gold!) multiple ideas on how this can be done:

Idea 1) Type to bot !stealmoney "players name"- each steal attempt will cost you 5% of the total money that that player has. The odds of you successfully stealing that players money increases the higher the number of pub points you have. It also depends on their points too: The higher the number of pub points they have- the harder it is to steal cash off them. The amount of gold you get is random- from 1% - 30%- (30% being ultra rare even if you had loads of pub points vs their 1 point).

Idea 2) Compete in 3 rounds of pub: grants you a steal for free! Bot will message you: You have an opportunity to steal money from a player- type to tw-pub1:!steal ________ (_____=players name). Odds depend on the amount of spacebux that player has and rewards are random (excitement factor).

Idea 3). Become a thief for 5 minutes for $10,000... Each kill you get removes a random amount of money from their account and into yours (more being in flag room)- Warning: There is a chance you could get caught by the space police and automatically pay a heavy fine of 20k (to prevent people consistently making more money using this method than normal game mode). Perhaps the more you're in flagroom- the less likely you are going to be caught. Perhaps if someone notices your a thief and types to bot !capture ______ (____= players name)- if correct the thief is heavily fined (and their thieving session is over until bought again).

Treasure hunt mode: To buy this mode- you have to spend over $50k. What this does is- it spawns about 100 green boxes all over pub- and in one of those boxes contains whatever money was donated by the same player the bought the mode. If a player finds this box- public message is displayed: Fork has found the treasure for $125,000!!!! (all the other green boxes suddenly vanish)

Donate money to the round or match to increase the rewards at the end of the game. You normally get about $250 - 500 for being base king etc- well this would be increased to 20k or more if someone kindly donated over $100k (perhaps adverted to come pub after a big donation is made).
                      Last edited by Fork; 01-01-2015, 06:32 PM.
                      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I kind of hate ruining ideas, but looking at it realistically, most of this just won't work.
                        Originally posted by Fork
                        -Perhaps we could also buy sounds that play some music (that everyone hears)- 20-40 seconds (expensive because you don't want to piss everyone off)
                        Since the plan is to bring back "?buy" and leave only "!buy"s which do not influence gameplay, this is a valid thought. However, sound has to be in the arena download as a wave file. Delete "?go ww3" files from your zones folder and go to that arena. %111 to %115 are extra sounds, now observe how long it takes to just download those already. Add all the graphics in pub and you easily have a 10 minute pub download.
                        -Captains on new player squads get x amount of spacepux for each recruit on their new squad (more money for newer players)/ or for each twd game they get.
                        One word: abuse. The amount of staffers you would need to prevent abusing this is not doable. Besides, we really do not need more TWD ppl who just go to pub to spend bux they did not make in pub on toys to annoy others.
                        -Players who had a high bounty before dying can get their bounty back (one time only) for a large amount of money (public message is show to prevent people getting confused why their bounty is back)- higher the bounty the more money it costs to revive their bounty.
                        For a player who had 500 bounty that means you have to prize this player 500 greens. The bot would die by this and don't tell me you want to do that manually. There is a limit of data packets sent per minute even for bots.
                        -You can steal money from other people in pub .....Public message is shown when a player is successful (Fork has robbed rednaz for $30,000 gold!) multiple ideas on how this can be done:
                        30000 bux is nothing when you get it by abusing staffers, events or similar, but for a normal pub player this takes quite some time to earn. You would seriously piss off players with it.
                        Idea 1) Type to bot !stealmoney "players name"- each steal attempt will cost you 5% of the total money that that player has. The odds of you successfully stealing that players money increases the higher the number of pub points you have. It also depends on their points too: The higher the number of pub points they have- the harder it is to steal cash off them. The amount of gold you get is random- from 1% - 30%- (30% being ultra rare even if you had loads of pub points vs their 1 point).
                        Means the rich can easily steal from the poor. Way to kill off newbies.
                        Idea 2) Compete in 3 rounds of pub: grants you a steal for free! Bot will message you: You have an opportunity to steal money from a player- type to tw-pub1:!steal ________ (_____=players name). Odds depend on the amount of spacebux that player has and rewards are random (excitement factor).
                        So even more punishment for people who do not play twbd-style in pub. How about this: earn twd points and use them in twl to steal game score and see how people like it?
                        Idea 3). Become a thief for 5 minutes for $10,000... Each kill you get removes a random amount of money from their account and into yours (more being in flag room)- Warning: There is a chance you could get caught by the space police and automatically pay a heavy fine of 20k (to prevent people consistently making more money using this method than normal game mode). Perhaps the more you're in flagroom- the less likely you are going to be caught. Perhaps if someone notices your a thief and types to bot !capture ______ (____= players name)- if correct the thief is heavily fined (and their thieving session is over until bought again).
                        I am just thinking of thief + super in a jav at round start on 20 vs 20...
                        Treasure hunt mode: To buy this mode- you have to spend over $50k. What this does is- it spawns about 100 green boxes all over pub- and in one of those boxes contains whatever money was donated by the same player the bought the mode. If a player finds this box- public message is displayed: Fork has found the treasure for $125,000!!!! (all the other green boxes suddenly vanish)
                        1. You cannot define what a green contains, this is set the moment it is collected.
                        2. You cannot position greens and if you used other objects that look like green a simple graphic mod can reveal it instantly.
                        3. The bot is unable to follow player movement precisely. killothon and basing rewards already suffer from this, a green would be a much smaller area.
                        Donate money to the round or match to increase the rewards at the end of the game. You normally get about $250 - 500 for being base king etc- well this would be increased to 20k or more if someone kindly donated over $100k (perhaps adverted to come pub after a big donation is made).
                        I like this, but expect it to be reason for a lot of freqhopping and abuse.

Just to make this clear, all of your ideas have something and would be fun in games. But it doesn't really fit into pub. For RPG elements you have to create a different game than what tw's pub is. TW has always been about same chances for all. This is already heavily perverted by !buy and random boni and mali for people depending on play style. Just imagine you even mentioned thinking about such drastic benefits for some on leagues, just because they do not use a jav on their team for example. Players would rip your head off. The same respect should go for the game in pub and using it as a testing ground for the weirdest stuff has to finally stop.

If you really believe those ideas can work then start a zone, put it in, balance it, make it into a release-ready version. I am sure that when enough people use it frequently you have a good chance of getting it into TW.

Besides, if you really want changes to happen on this game, motivate our sysops to actually do something or leave decisions to those active and motivated. They are doing good work on stalling everything including bugfixes.

Comment

Awwwwww but i like pissing off people- stealing from left_eye constantly would def tempt me to log into the game. I'll come up with some more crazy arse ideas in abit.

btw I love the way you rejected one of the ideas stating: i'm just thinking jav + super... did you ever think that super could be disabled if you activated thief mode? You surely must have comeon :PPPP
                          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Lol that could be disabled, but lev does the same job without super.

Anyways, if you feel creative, what we need for actual changes is:

- ideas for !buys which do not alter the gameplay when ?buy comes back
                            - descriptions for all 8 ships, which are max 255 characters long and no whitespace except for single spaces. (for an installer mod)
                            - descriptions for all 8 ships which are max 16 characters long including ship name (example: "Warbird (Sniper)" "Javelin (Bomber)")
                            - modifications to the map, which make the comeback of level 3 bombs not too harmful for the flagging game (not ideas, actual lvl files ppl can rate)

Comment

Thief mode no allowed in a levy :P yay- though i'm sure someone would notice their money was deducted and type !capture (playername) so they get fined heavily (thats the risk the thief takes :P)

Wormholes surfers map kinda strengthened pub base up apart form the direct top...

The only thing i can think about in terms of !buys is... !buy more devs 1mill coins? i would prob be tempted. Perhaps change some staff: $2.5m - someone will def buy that :P

Comment

Working...
                              X