NO ANTIWARP IN CENTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
    Do you also plan on banning people who mine on low pop, decide to spawn, sit on roof, use !duel, grab flag as priv freq weasel or do whatever, which does not support basing under "Disruption to the Game"? Feel free to bring any new rule suggestion for pub up in one of the next meetings. But wild threatening of players is way more harmful to the game than any antiwarping can be.
    This. If anything that interrupts the natural flow of the game is illegal, then mining tube, LTing, buying shields, buying super, x'ing, and a million other things should also be illegal.

Comment

I've finally caught wind of this yesterday, and it is being addressed. The rule will be clearly stated very soon, along with advertised in game, on here, and everywhere else. Everyone has the right to be fully informed of the rules as always in terms of what is and isn't illegal.

I'll also get together with SysOps and Pub leaders (zreqdf and bkgmjo!) to discuss this further. If anyone would like to have any input on this, feel free to PM me in game or leave a ?message.

As far as how it will be advertised, I've decided that we should do it more personally and have turban visit everyone at their home to officially discuss the rule. The money will be pulled out of Primary's bank account because he apparently is so rich. Whether he has agreed to this or not is completely irrelevant.
      Last edited by Left_Eye; 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

kobe steak and the finest red wine will be on the menu in that case.

Comment

Clarify it already. Can you clarify spec hunting too, it used to be a rule?
          It seems kind of pathetic, sysops Beasty says rule 13 , no aw in spawn, and everyone else on staff has to sing the same song.
          The assertion that You cant use aw in spawn, Doing so is disruptive to the game and its any more disruptive than tube mining or turrets or cloaked weasel or ... or other non rules.
          Its a rule in other zones because the spawn size is tiny and aw range is huge, not the way TW is.
          AW in tw is turned off in safe.
          Spiders are easy to kill having high drain afterburners and high drain aw and instead of using a ship and killing players to turn aw off. We need mods who harass players. because levs(tiny) cry their portals don't work.

Comment

The primary purpose of Pub is basing. (Sorry, read the mission statement if you disagree and then get the mission statement changed if you don’t like it.) One team is supposed to use teamwork to capture and hold flag room.

We can screw around and play with little tweaks that don’t impact this (like betting on duels) but we really need to measure everything against this standard. AW fucks up basing games. Private frequency LTs fucks up basing games. Buying wins fucks up basing games.

This is not rocket science. Anyone who actually plays Pub for any period of time know what kills off a good basing game. It simply takes an IQ above 75, playing pub for longer than an hour, and someone who isn’t a selfish little 12 year old kid. Obviously TW has a shortage of players who match this profile.

We have asked Pub to be fixed for several years yet it falls of deaf ears.
            Eph

Comment

There's this thing called ?go base. I don't know much about it, except there's no lts, no aw, and really competitive basing.
              idkidc1233

Comment

im starting to see a problem with staff/player relationship in tw

it's like every thread about an isolated incident has to become a testbed for re-writing the entirety of the rules

this thread should have gone like

-> player posts "help im punished for AW"
                -> *turban checks ?help logs*
                -> *turban doesnt see anyone complaining about AW abuse from that timeframe*
                -> turban says "apologies for the punishment but the warning has been taken off the record, try to keep an eye on your AW if you wind up following someone back to spawn"

/thread
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by idkidc1233 View Post
                  There's this thing called ?go base. I don't know much about it, except there's no lts, no aw, and really competitive basing.
                  Pub is about using teamwork to capture flag room while ?go Base is about 'friends who will pick you and then use teamwork to capture flag room'.
                  Pub is pick up game, a big part of the challenge/fun is that you can organize disparate players into winning a game while ?go base is all about choosing players/ships that are effective. Hardly the same thing at any level.
                  Eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    This is not rocket science.
                    Bold words in a spaceship game.

I've been away from the forums (and the game) for a few months, but I see it's bullshit as usual. Oops, I mean "business". This is the first thread I've read after several months, and it's the archetypical thread on these forums. I see changes have been made: Bkgmjo is a mod of some kind now. Azov is a mod of some kind now. In other words, one step forward, two steps back. In other words, the typical Trenchwars model of doing business that we've all grown to love over the past decade. For every non-retard who gets promoted, a dumb shit gets promoted to a higher position, to make sure the non-retard doesn't do something to actually make the game more enjoyable. And, of course, the "SysOps" do nothing except pick fleas out of each other's fur and fling poo. That is, when they're not enforcing rules that never existed and that we're not told about. Azov is a Kafkaesque bureaucrat and a brain-dead cretin. In other words, I expect to see him running the zone soon.

LF is the only person who has had anything to do with a moderator position in this game who's not an idiot. Of course, he had to be kicked out.

What's the deal with that plus/minus sign? Where has the previous system gone? How do I use the new one?

Comment

Appreciate the compliments.

The issue is solved and changes to rules will soon be published to make it clear for all now.

+/- system is gone now, but it does not matter as there will be a major forum upgrade anyways. Wait a few days.

Comment

Wait a few days to hear what, New rule: You cant antiwarp levs in spawn, u have to let them use portals to warp on you?
                        Who wants a rule like that.
                        Wouldnt it be better to make antiwarp be bough in safe and mid/fr so they cant get aw back as fast after being killed instead.

Comment

Antiwarp completely ruins pub. Anytime I'm in terr and trying to encourage a fun basing match, if I am anti'd I will spec/quit/forget about pub. There is not a single redeemable aspect about antiwarp (I don't give a shit what the anti-LT pussies have to say about it tbh. I'm a baser and I still would prefer no anti with more LT's than more anti with less LT's). Anti was never used in pub until this new cash system was implemented because it was so rare to spawn it from a green. Take this stupid fucking ship setting away from pub forever, fuck anti

Comment

Take away the ability of pansy terrs to buy portals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pardon_YouWait
                              a few days to hear what
                              To hear that Antiing spawn will be illegal only in case it is done just to stall the basing game. Everything else will be allowed. There are just still discussion about the borders of when and where and which punishment. Also the bots need upgrading for it, the ban manual has to be updated so everyone is treated the same, all staffers have to be retrained on this new rule and all the other paperwork needs to be filled out. Don't nail me on it though, as this is not official info yet. This is a compromise between ppl who say "shoot annoyers, don't need a bot/ban" and others who prefer completely directing pub to basing and punishing everything that potentially blocks that.

Originally posted by PressureThere
                              is not a single redeemable aspect about antiwarp
                              Anti was never used in pub until this new cash system was implemented because it was so rare to spawn it from a green
                              As I LTed since 90s... let me tell you that people used to mass ?buy anti way before !buy was ever thought of ;-) However, !buy spamming will sooner or later be gone with the move back to ?buy in safe for game items and I doubt it will still be massively used on basers then. As a LT hunting tool it is okay I guess, although I personally question the reasons for existance of anti in pub. But then again there are many who rely on it instead of their hunting instincts.

Originally posted by Bukkake Surprise
                              Take away the ability of pansy terrs to buy portals
                              As stated before, will be ?buy in safe again. Let's see how many terrs fly back in there for every portal/burst, or javs for shraps/rockets and all the other stuff then.

Comment

Originally posted by Azov View Post
                                While I have not formally introduced myself yet in the position as Head of Public Relations for staff (though I will in the coming days), I will make an official statement on this matter as I have discussed your concern with Beasty. Hopefully this will help clear things up for everyone. Antiwarp has always been disallowed in spawn
                                Don't think your new position is working out, bud. Your only job is to repeat what someone else told you and you can't even do that right. Unless you ARE doing your job well and Beasty is just a moron, but I doubt that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X