Originally posted by Jones View Post
    some forum mod should have moved this to useless crap already

its getting there, but the responses have been on topic enough

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

As far as having a vet hour though.. the problem is how many of our hosts are new and dont know more than 20 events or how to host them. Im not really active anymore but in general I cant remember the last time I saw blind, dodgeball, gatez, ghoulgames, glider, or hundreds of badass other older events hosted that would draw the more experienced crowd of players. If you wanted to do this weekends wouldnt be good unless it was early because most of us go out on weekends since were old as fuck now. Do like trenchwars classic thursdays between 7-9 pm and I will teach your current crop of hosts how to host these games and even make a one month schedule for it to see how it goes. Advertising is up to you and the hosts having the charisma to keep the oldies in line and hsppy is up to the hosts, cant teach experience and othet redeeming qualities that makes someone a good er. Ill do this whether or whether not talk bring me back. Msg me in game if you want turban/demonic. But also remember hosts nobody knows arent drawing an older crowd better bring some veterans along to host these. Even if its a mod/smod doing it.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          As far as having a vet hour though.. the problem is how many of our hosts are new and dont know more than 20 events or how to host them. Im not really active anymore but in general I cant remember the last time I saw blind, dodgeball, gatez, ghoulgames, glider, or hundreds of badass other older events hosted that would draw the more experienced crowd of players. If you wanted to do this weekends wouldnt be good unless it was early because most of us go out on weekends since were old as fuck now. Do like trenchwars classic thursdays between 7-9 pm and I will teach your current crop of hosts how to host these games and even make a one month schedule for it to see how it goes. Advertising is up to you and the hosts having the charisma to keep the oldies in line and hsppy is up to the hosts, cant teach experience and othet redeeming qualities that makes someone a good er. Ill do this whether or whether not talk bring me back. Msg me in game if you want turban/demonic. But also remember hosts nobody knows arent drawing an older crowd better bring some veterans along to host these. Even if its a mod/smod doing it.

i think this is the annual kthx post that can actually be agreed with by anyone that isnt kthx
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Dream world: there should be a scheduled list of bot hosted events on the tw website (random each day). These bots could host an event without the presence of a staff member (if possible). I have suggested this before and they tell me they already exist (apart from javduel/ base/ elim) but perhaps they didn't understand what i meant by a bot hosted event:

-a bot physically advertises the event (at the exact time its been scheduled for on the list)
            -Waits 2-3 minutes for people to arrive...
            -Displays the rules of the event and enter now.
            -Adds players in
            -Starts games with lag-out enabled/ can add late's in up to 1 minute after the game has started.
            -(fail safes to ensure problems don't happen like if noone shows up- then what? what happens if everyone trolls bot and all spec)

Problem is you might need a separate bot for each event which i know one would be too much to code.

But yeh, if this was available- it would be sexy to have a list of all the events to be hosted for the day:

Event schedule for today! 22/01/2015

12pm ?go Javufc: hosted by bot (event discription here) (min number of players required)

13pm ?go mario: hosted by Kthx (thnx kthx :P) (event discription here) (min number of players required)

14pm ?go Chase 2: hosted by bot (event discription here) (min number of players required)

15pm ?go TWVILLAGE (need 15+ people to play) hosted by Mtine :O (event discription here) (min number of players required)

So there could be a bot schedule that will host events all day long (different events/ all the time)... but people could step in between these times to do something different or if not enough people turned up for the "bot event" the bot will inform staff chat- someone could take over.

Having a list like this may tempt people to log in if they know their fav event is about to be hosted in the next 30 minutes. (they could do this without the bots but its gonna be bloody tough to maintain)

Ahhh i dream way to much lolz.
            Last edited by Fork; 01-22-2015, 04:20 PM.
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Bot hosted events have no character and cant change things on the fly.. good idea to make the zone more boring.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Bot hosted events have no character and cant change things on the fly.. good idea to make the zone more boring.
                Well, no hosted events for hours or a bot hosted event? which is less boring? I can understand what you mean but the players aren't bots right? and i'm sure they can make these bots to have more character than half of these staff- jking :P

Kthx's vision: that javduel bot should be tweaked from time to time to display abit of character. Captains have 5 f*ckin mins to add some lowlife players to their team.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I know what point your trying to make :P but your exaggerating to the extreme haha + i haven't heard one single person moan about the javduel/ elim bot being too boring + no character? like really? If you want boring- try play pub for an hour :P

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                      I know what point your trying to make :P but your exaggerating to the extreme haha + i haven't heard one single person moan about the javduel/ elim bot being too boring + no character? like really? If you want boring- try play pub for an hour :P
                      The few times I remember playing hosted elim games, which usually only Left_Eye <ER> did (he was a good ER, despite whatever he's done as a mod), it would draw a good 100 or so players. I'd usually win or be the runner up, because I was good at elim/elim strategy back then, but I still would've found it much more fun than bot hosted elim no matter how good/bad I did.

So while nobody complains about elim bots, they certainly don't show much support for them either. Elim is usually dead for that reason. I promise though, if someone hosted an elim game, people would show up. If Kthx hosted an elim game, most of TW would be there. Charisma helps quite a bit, and everyone knows Kthx was a great host.
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

would be interesting to have a "challenge ER" position, with a limitation that they could only host an event that had not been already hosted that week
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Perhaps u get extra staff points for hosting different events. Host 10 different events= 10 extra points/ 20 diff events= 20 extra points- if staff still go after point now-a-days?

Comment

this is absolutely what killed any desire to become an ER for me, for the 500th time i gotta namedrop Kingz, Melo, and of course WarKthx

that being said i've seen some hosts try to inject a little personalization and entertainment into hosted games, gripe is (was?) pretty good about this, but there's alot of "red tape" so to speak
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                              some forum mod should have moved this Jones to useless crap already
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                                this is absolutely what killed any desire to become an ER for me, for the 500th time i gotta namedrop Kingz, Melo, and of course WarKthx

that being said i've seen some hosts try to inject a little personalization and entertainment into hosted games, gripe is (was?) pretty good about this, but there's alot of "red tape" so to speak
                                ce gripe good host
                                where he now???
                                3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                                3:45th President> do it
                                kyler> who is 45th President
                                nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
                                X